Lightbridge GH4 S900 Zenmuse
3848 18 2015-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grey moth
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi
So i got the lightbridge a while ago and recently after much experimentation got it working with my phantom 2, and i works good witht he gopro in almost all video modes. so then i tried to get it working with my s900 and zenmuse HD gimbal, when I connect it all up, the controls seem to work and have configured them for dual operator in the lb and a2 software, they all work and so does camera operator controls, however the video light on the air side shows red and, there is video coming through to the hdmi but it is very pixellated, distorted and intermittent. is there some setting in the gh4 or the LB that needs to be configured for good quality video, have tried, smooth, realtime, full hd, all the same problems, also other monitors, and different referesh rates with no luck. any help would be appreciated, so frustrating the more expensive equipment has a worse image.
Thanks

A2 S900 zenmuse z15 HD GH4 Lightbridge, all most recent firmware updates.

2015-1-14
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

so what kind of tablet you are using, maye this is not fast enough
2015-1-14
Use props
grey moth
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Using an Iphone 6 to control the lightbridge, so should be fast enough, also the problem is the same over HDMI which is the main problem as want to be sending the signal out to a black pearl.
2015-1-15
Use props
bfurman
lvl.2

Poland

I have same issue.

Tested on iPhone6, iPhone 5 and Galaxy Tab 4, same pixelated sh....i.e.t

Any help?
2015-1-16
Use props
grey moth
lvl.1

United Kingdom

bfurman@brainvi Posted at 2015-1-16 20:15
I have same issue.

Tested on iPhone6, iPhone 5 and Galaxy Tab 4, same pixelated sh....i.e.t

no nothing i think it maybe the Zenmuse AV/HD Board, as the image is fine when i bypass the gimbal either that or the connection at the air end to the gimbal is not working correctly
2015-1-16
Use props
grey moth
lvl.1

United Kingdom

here a link to how it looks
2015-1-16
Use props
bfurman.email
lvl.2

Poland

I was asked for testing LB without Z15 - this may show problem with gimbal board. Can you get video feed from GH4 via LB without Z15?
2015-1-19
Use props
grey moth
lvl.1

United Kingdom

yeah the LB works fine with go pro and gh4 when not going through the z15 i think it must be the hd/av board
2015-1-20
Use props
kirilian.mediac
New

United States

Did you figure it out?  I am having the exact same problem with the BMPCC gimbal.  Again, video is fine with camera connected directly to LB air unit.  

I tried to send the LB and gimbal back to the vendor, but they said I must have damaged it somehow and they wouldn't even test it for me (???)  I then contacted DJI and they said there was no fix and if there ever were to be a fix it would be a firmware change.  If it was a firmware problem, wouldn't every user of their HD gimbals be having this problem?

I have had this problem since October of last year.  I haven't used it much since then until this past weekend.  I can barely use it because of this problem.
2015-2-16
Use props
baker2955
lvl.2
Flight distance : 624980 ft
  • >>>
United States

grey moth Posted at 2015-1-17 00:50
here a link to how it looks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NitvP564mf4&feature=youtu.be

mine does the same thing.  I updated the firmware and image is all pixelling, not sure if just a coincidence.  It was fine before.  Not sure what to do or who to ask.  Dealers don't know, DJI is too busy and too far away.  Sick and tired of not being able to fly.
2015-2-19
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

it's the connection wiring in the GH4 Z15 (pitch cable), also the board was changed from DJI-support.
Already done at my Gimbal an no Problems anymore also in cold conditions
2015-2-19
Use props
XAVITC
lvl.1

Spain

The same problem with z15 5d and other problems with gh4
I N C R E D I B L E
HOW CAN SELL GIMBALS WITH SUCH A PROBLEMS
from first of december waiting to work...
2015-2-21
Use props
shawn.remedyfil
lvl.1

United States

I had the same issue so I changed out the HDMI cable and now it works fine.
2015-2-23
Use props
baker2955
lvl.2
Flight distance : 624980 ft
  • >>>
United States

shawn.remedyfil Posted at 2015-2-24 03:33
I had the same issue so I changed out the HDMI cable and now it works fine.

Shawn, which hdmi did you change?  the one to the gh4?
2015-2-23
Use props
shawn
lvl.1

United States

baker2955@gmail Posted at 2015-2-24 14:10
Shawn, which hdmi did you change?  the one to the gh4?

The HDMI cable going from the zenmuse to the GH4. I did not think it was an HDMI issue because the pixelation looked different when streaming to two different screens at the same time but changing the cable gave me a clean image again.

Here is the link to the HDMI cable.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... le_for_z15_gh4.html
2015-3-23
Use props
dasault50driver
New

United States

shawn@remedyfil Posted at 2015-3-23 13:32
The HDMI cable going from the zenmuse to the GH4. I did not think it was an HDMI issue because the ...

Same issue with my 5d......first gimbal came dead.....second one same video feed issues.
DJI really needs some US competition .their product is just down right disappointing .
2015-10-22
Use props
marvin.cooper
New

Same issue with my S900 now. Tell me what wrong? cable? or lightbridge? Look at video link:

2016-4-21
Use props
AerialVid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398428 ft
  • >>>

marvin.cooper@m Posted at 2016-4-22 09:50
Same issue with my S900 now. Tell me what wrong? cable? or lightbridge? Look at video link:

https:/ ...

Mine had this issue a while back and I replaced the cable going from the zenmuse to the GCU with the green cord and it fixed it... Might not be your issue but worth looking at.
2016-5-10
Use props
Wolfexe
lvl.2

Russia

Manually select a channel that has less interference. And try to push away from the LB copter.
2016-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules