Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 Is a Really Nice Build
943 15 2016-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99986539 ft
Australia

I have maybe 20 Drones.....most are either race config or Heavy Lift for work, but I do have a few DJI ones as well, including Inspires and the Latest a P4.
I brought it to do some indoor work that my bigger drones are a bit impractical to do what I need.
I must say, that DJI with the P4 has certainly up'd the build quality on the smaller drones.....they say its the sexiest drone around, and bar the Inspire I would have to agree.....very very nice quality and I am sure everyone would be happy with that.
I was lucky enough to get the first one in Oz, and today I finally get to take it out for a fly......I am one for one lol, got the first Inspire as well.
So, just put the HDMI board in, updating the firmware, and off I go !!! Hope it flies as good as it looks lol
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Very nice. Unlike your Inspire, leave the RC and aircraft powered up during the entire update process.
2016-4-11
Use props
harb
lvl.3
Australia

lol.......I got your message to late lol....it came up with Fail, but I rebooted everything including the computer, and it finished the process with Success !!
Its a great little bird in Sport mod.....zipping around the place ;)
Just charging the battery again.....I have the 3 blink led light thing happening, so I guess its a bit to warm....I will go for a coffee.
The HDMI upgrade works a treat....all Good
2016-4-11
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.3

United States

i agree this is my first DJI bird and I love it so far it's a looker as well.
2016-4-11
Use props
wrathofkhan
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-12
Use props
harb
lvl.3
Australia

Hi mate.......when I first took off it was windy and it had a bit of tilt on the horizon so I landed, and did a Gimbal Calibration....just a button press.....it did a bit of a swing around and then I took off again and it was perfect......could not get it to fault again.
So, I am not sure if it was the wind, or the Cal....either way its perfect now.
I am pretty sure you will be happy with it....... , you will be surprised how nice the finish is.....it doesn't look "toy like" like the other small drones did....its much more like my Inspire

Oh I forgot to say....I did do the latest firmware update before my first flight.
2016-4-12
Use props
wrathofkhan
Banned

Australia

2016-4-12
Use props
harb
lvl.3
Australia

wrathofkhan Posted at 2016-4-12 18:49
That is very re assuring to hear, I guess you are in eastern States.
Hopefully my retailer will ha ...

Yeah Sydney.....

I have to say, I have never really had any issues with any of DJI's stuff, and I have a fair amount of it, including all their film making stuff.
As far as the P4 goes , I have had it for a bit over a week, but didn't get any time until today, so its had 2 batteries worth of flying, and it performed as expected....perfectly.
I think a lot of problems are brought on by rushing and not following instructions to the letter.
Yet, there can be issues, but with anything that is this sophisticated you have to expect a little bit of give and understanding.
Compared to your P3, I am guessing you will feel like you have gone up to a more professional platform.
I definitely won't feel like I have brought a toy along to the job, if I take the P4......its a very cool little bird.
2016-4-12
Use props
harb
lvl.3
Australia

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-4-12 18:55
Yeah Sydney.....

I have to say, I have never really had any issues with any of DJI's stuff, and I  ...

Forgot to say, make sure you order the P3 HDMI upgrade board so you have HDMI for your FPV......I tested it with the Fatshark V2 HD's this arvo and in sport mode it is fun as.....zipping around lol, feeling like a racing drone ;)
2016-4-12
Use props
SajidShah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

DJI is GOD Of Drones
2016-4-12
Use props
wrathofkhan
Banned

Australia

2016-4-12
Use props
harb
lvl.3
Australia

Yeah Res , wider field of view, they are good value.
Re the drop in Alt......
Have not tried that yet.....will give it a blast around tomorrow and see what happens.

2016-4-12
Use props
wrathofkhan
Banned

Australia

2016-4-12
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm really impressed with my phantom 4, the only problem I have is range but that was resolved when I linked to my inspire 1 controller.
2016-4-12
Use props
Buy Low
lvl.3

United States

I agree with following directions.  When I do things work out better.  My P4 has flown 12 times on three different batteries each down to 50% without any problems whatsoever.  Very happy to have transitioned from the P3P (which was a fine bird itself).  The sport mode in the P4 has allowed me to experience the closest thing I want to flying a RC airplane.  I look forward to getting a gimbal guard and extended landing gear due to the uneven terrain in my neck of the woods.  Only upgrade so far is a set of filters which, in my opinion, are mandatory for quality photos and video.  I guess the Marco Polo is also an upgrade which in a wooded environment is a nice bit of insurance.  The P4 is so sleek in design that it may be a chore to find a tidy spot to mount the Marco Polo.  For now I'll simply zip tie it to one of the landing gear legs.

If I haven't said it already...thanks to those forum contributors who offer sound advice and insight on this incredible quadcopter.
2016-4-12
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules