Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 Gimble motor overload
631 6 2016-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChiefPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1674354 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am getting a "Gimble motor overloaded" caution and the P4 will not continue.  1.  I have tried to reload the firmware .0301 and downgrade both failed through DJI assistant ver 2.  2.  I tried gimble relcalibrating on the Go app - failed.  3. The gimble just cycles on the roll axis and beeps.   The camera works as well as connecting to the RC.  Any ideas will be helpful before I call DJI.  Thank you.

2016-4-12
Use props
Visual Air
Captain
Flight distance : 29984 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Good luck obvious known problem that the DJI Reps seem to ignore.
You may have to wait months for an answer on here just call the support folks they may give you a reason why this is happening...
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Unfortunately you will have to send it in for repair ...+1 (818) 235 0789
2016-4-13
Use props
Visual Air
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-13 18:20
Unfortunately you will have to send it in for repair ...+1 (818) 235 0789

DJI Tim
Finally a response, but do you find this to be acceptable for my first flight to have this issue and to have to send it back already???
Appears to be a large number of returns for an expensive product like this it would be better received if DJI would simply exchange for a functioning unit out of the box in a timely manner.
Trust me when I say this DJI Tim we really appretiate your input and realize that decisions are simply out of your control.
For me sending back my p4 with 15 mins of flight time is a big stretch to ask sure I would like a resolution but not if it takes many weeks for turn around.
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Visual Air Posted at 2016-4-14 04:50
DJI Tim
Finally a response, but do you find this to be acceptable for my first flight to have this ...

I am sorry for your frustration.  You also can choose to replace the drone at your dealer's store of DJI Support center as well. I know it is sad, but that's the only way i can help you right now
2016-4-13
Use props
Visual Air
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-14 11:58
I am sorry for your frustration.  You also can choose to replace the drone at your dealer's store  ...

Thanks Tim
I have only had time for one flight with my P4 and I had the gimbal overload message.
we will see if this happens again before trying to send back.
I did purchase mine directly from the DJI store so I likely would have to box up and send back...
Again thanks for the response and concern much appretiated...
2016-4-14
Use props
ChiefPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1674354 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Tim it should arrive in CA tomorrow.  Hopefully it will be a quick turn around.   It is so more stable than my P3 4k.  BTW my P3 4k remote left antenna broke at the screw-in point.  I taped it up as it is the only back up I have 'til the P4 comes back.  Any replacement parts available or should I go with an after market product?  I did send in a ticket on it..

P4 RMA is 0413201626982282268  
2016-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules