Unsupported Android Devices that work on v2.8.1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martinpamor
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I am trying to put a list together of Android devices that although are not shown as supported by DJI, still work successfully with the Android DJI Go App version v2.8.1.  Part of the success mark could be that the device certainly shows live video feed as some have not been able to do that.  Also if there are any other problems maybe users could share their thoughts.

Regards
Martin

2016-4-12
Use props
martinpamor
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I should start with my own device. I am currently using a Samsung Tab 3 8.0.  An older tablet I know but worked well with the DJI Go App v2.6.1.  Later versions of the DJI Go App caused me to lose live video feed so my answer was to revert back to v2.6.1. However I do have the latest firmware installed.  All works well but not the "Follow Me".  I like this Tablet because of the screen size and its what I initially had and could afford.
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

That would be great to have a list like this! Thanks for putting effort in it!
2016-4-12
Use props
Bad Company
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13960 ft
Greece

I use a "dedicated" Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.7", no issues so far. I have not loaded any apps except for Zapper app killer, and I always use airplane mode. Bought for just € 140, it is a really worthy low budget solution.
2016-4-13
Use props
wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have a dedicated Lenovo Tab 2 A7-20.  
It runs Android 4.4.2
1.3 Ghz quad core processor
1Gb Ram.
8 Gb internal storage
64Gb micro SD card.
Has built in GPS, bluetooth and wifi and uses cached Google Maps.
Costs £70 / $100.

Displays the video feed but I've never tried to stream live to You Tube. It wouldn't be able to as it has no cellphone connection.
Had to download the app direct from DJI site as Google Play states not compatible.

For others adding their devices, Settings / About Device / Version Information gives all the precise model and android version info ....

Cheers,
Ian
2016-4-13
Use props
ArcticM39
lvl.2

United States

I use a $45 refurbished Insignia Flex Elite bought from eBay.
It has a big problem - the video flickers (lag) every 3-5 seconds while I am flying the Phantom.
But, it has a very bright screen that is usable even on sunny day.
The display is so much better than my Samsung Note 3 that I am tolerating the lag.
This low end tablet runs the DJI Go app fairly well, but I can't recommend it due to that one shortcoming.

2016-4-13
Use props
Bad Company
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13960 ft
Germany

ArcticM39 Posted at 2016-4-14 08:08
I use a $45 refurbished Insignia Flex Elite bought from eBay.
It has a big problem - the video flick ...

@ArcticM39: did you reduce the bitrate for the vid transmission? Default value is 10 Mbps, if you reduce it to 5Mbps or even 2Mbps, you will not notice any difference in quality but you might get rid of the flickering
2016-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules