Battery weirdness (TB47)
820 7 2016-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jamie Clay
New

United States

So I just bought a used system and one of the battery's (TB47) was sound asleep, no lights when you charged or pressed the button.

I tried a number of the techniques to wake it up and finally got lights when I did the disconnect the pc board, jumpered the ground and charge it to about 13 volts.

It seemed like things were going well but it still wouldn't charge.  Instead, while on the charger the #4 flashes twice a second - indicating the room is too warm for charging.  It's 65 degrees in the room, so that's not it.

Off the charger - if I hold down the button the #1 flashes 10 times then the whole array goes green and the button flashes red. If I press the button once #1 flashes 6 times

Is there an advanced battery guide that tells me what these flashes mean?  

Thanks,

Jamie
2016-4-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I  dont know of any advanced page other than the  manual- sorry.  Did the previous owner fly with it on regular basis?  I would be asking  for  a refund.  I would not risk flying with that pack for sure

good luck - donnie

Jamie, before you do any updates be sure to read the manual and watch the tutorial videos. Also at each update be  sure to read the release notes so you know of any special circumstance. ( LIke the batteries are updated on this update , or you must update aircraft first before the Transmitter )

good Luck - donnie  
2016-4-13
Use props
Jamie Clay
New

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-13 11:03
I  dont know of any advanced page other than the  manual- sorry.  Did the previous owner fly with it ...

Thanks!  The previous owner is a good friend and I've been flying this I1 since he got it.   Only he did all this sort of 'dirty work' - now I have a greater appreciation for what he went through.  (he got a RAW, BTW)

So the battery was dead asleep but after I wrote this,  did the bypass charging method again only this time put a meter on it and babysat it until it broke 20v.

This seems to have woken it up.  I then did the firmware upgrade on it and then fully charged it.

When I went to fly,  within a few minutes I was getting a battery broken warning.   Stopped flying, checked temps on it and googled the error, only to see others have run into that.

So, I'm going to cycle it a few times and hope it stabilizes.

We'll see.

Jamie
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

please fully charge your battery. If you see no lights when charging, leave it on a charge for 30-40 min and check again
2016-4-14
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Hey Jamie,

Good to see that you are getting some progress, but for safety's sake I would suggest that you replace that battery and fly with a fresh one.

Batteries of all chemistries are consumable items, and LiPo ones are particularly problematic if not cared for correctly. Unless you have a good level of confidence that the previous owner stored and managed it correctly, it raises a risk that could see you in trouble.
2016-4-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-4-14 05:52
Hey Jamie,

Good to see that you are getting some progress, but for safety's sake I would suggest th ...

I am with Farnk666, Not worth it , and now you have the "Broken Cell"  warning.  I would toss that pack ( Recycle bin proper disposal )  and get another one.  Not worth the risk.

I wonder how many charges are on that pack, when you get near 200 they are about done with useful life.

Good Luck - Donnie
2016-4-14
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-14 23:03
I am with Farnk666, Not worth it , and now you have the "Broken Cell"  warning.  I would toss that ...

BTW Donnie - Great work you've been doing supporting the community of late - well done!
This last update certainly shook up things!

Sorry - back to topic!
2016-4-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-4-14 08:09
BTW Donnie - Great work you've been doing supporting the community of late - well done!
This last  ...

Everyone needs to take the Wheel of the ship now and then ,  Thanks for the Comment .

Also thanks for seeing the Humor with the" Ladies  Ladies" post .  I am glad you have a sense of humor

Cheers- donnie  
2016-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules