Flat battery
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JamesSumner
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi , I keep getting a warning on my smartphone that my batteries are flat, even though they are both fully charged and it won't let me calibrate . ? Any ideas anyone please.
2016-4-13
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

You should stop stepping on them so much. Being flattened would mean they are too loose in the battery compartment.

**Sarcasm**
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Make sure that your battery has been set up correctly. Don't let it be loose.
2016-4-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

When you say batteries in plural, which ones are you talking about?
2016-4-14
Use props
JamesSumner
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-14 11:26
When you say batteries in plural, which ones are you talking about?

Hi there, my two aircraft batteries. They are both fully charged but on  the app it says 0%.
2016-4-14
Use props
JustGoThere
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41778 ft
United States

Are we referring to "usable life" cycle?

I believe I read that once you use the batteries "x" number of times, the batteries are no longer usable... (decided by the "intelligent" factor of the battery)
Actually this is a good thing, LiPos don't last forever, and you're probably risking a "it just fell out of the sky" scenario due to the battery not being able to provide the required power to the system once it gets below a specific cell voltage.

Basically, the batteries get "tired" and cant output what you normally expect, the system asks for power and the battery can't supply it and voltage drops dramatically resulting in "unexpected" failures...

(I could be totally incorrect)
JGT

2016-4-14
Use props
JamesSumner
lvl.1

United Kingdom

JustGoThere Posted at 2016-4-14 17:10
Are we referring to "usable life" cycle?

I believe I read that once you use the batteries "x" numbe ...

Thanks for the reply , but both batteries and drone is only 8 weeks old and had a total flight time of about  90 minutes, plus they both went on the same day after firmware upgrade. I,m puzzled. ?
2016-4-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So has the firmware on the batteries been updated, normally done at the same time as the aircraft update ?

Which drone do you have ?
2016-4-14
Use props
JamesSumner
lvl.1

United Kingdom

JamesSumner Posted at 2016-4-14 18:11
Thanks for the reply , but both batteries and drone is only 8 weeks old and had a total flight tim ...

At over £250.00 for 2 batteries a flight on Concorde would of been cheaper, I'm very disappointed with my outlay and numerous problems getting this thing in the air.
2016-4-14
Use props
JamesSumner
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-4-14 18:31
So has the firmware on the batteries been updated, normally done at the same time as the aircraft up ...

Phantom 3 standard but I don't know how to update batteries me like you thought it would all update together, any ideas please. ???
2016-4-14
Use props
JamesSumner
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I had no problems before....
2016-4-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Page 52 of the manual indicates that the battery firmware update is completed as part of the system updates when DJI GO is initiated.

Which smartphone are you using ? If on the supported list then I would uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO App'. And try all again.
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

JamesSumner Posted at 2016-4-15 01:43
I had no problems before....

Can you post a screenshot or the battery page?
2016-4-14
Use props
JamesSumner
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-4-14 19:43
Page 52 of the manual indicates that the battery firmware update is completed as part of the system  ...

I'm using a Samsung j1
2016-4-14
Use props
JamesSumner
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all I've uninstalled  dji app and reinstalled it 24 hours later  but I still get a message saying battery error even when I've not took off, it's so frustrating as I bought this for my son and it's been on the table, any advise anyone ,If I ever get this thing in the air I won't be downloading anymore upgrades my kid just wants to see it fly.
2016-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules