Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-13
Use props
Drgiggles5000
lvl.2

United States

Of course it's weaker that's why everyone keeps having problems with distance on the P4
2016-4-13
Use props
UploadAvatar
lvl.2

United States

Grrrrr... the stupid site won't keep my freaking nickname or my freaking Avatar
2016-4-13
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-4-13
Use props
UploadAvatar
lvl.2

United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-4-13 12:53
I want to hear that from DJI , lol what a company , they can't even answer a simple questions,
DJI  ...

The only answer you're going to get from them is that it's the same but something is obviously different perhaps denser plastic in the landing gear or something causing interference with the signal but there is something that is causing a weaker signal
2016-4-13
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-4-13
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

2016-4-13
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-4-13
Use props
UploadAvatar
lvl.2

United States

Alan Guan Posted at 2016-4-14 04:02
I think that the phantom 4 controller is egual to p3

... egual. Sure. I'm going to take that seriously
2016-4-13
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-4-14
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

I am not completely convinced that the range issues have to do with the controller or it's power.  What I am starting to suspect is that the P4 receiver(s) in the aircraft are not as immune to interference and desensitizing in high RF environments as the Phantom 3.  I am in Burbank, CA, part of the Los Angeles area.  When I got my P4, I noticed that I was getting somewhat less distance than I had with my P3P and I have done some tests to try to determine why.  Tests comparing the range using my P3P controller with my P4 are so far inconclusive however, I may be seeing slightly better performance when using the P3P controller, but I'm not certain yet.

There is one direction I can fly from my home that takes me over the Los Angeles Equestrian Center, across the LA river and eventually into Griffith Park.  What's significant about that route is that I get much farther flying in that direction than in any other and after the first 2000 feet or so, you re getting into unpopulated areas.  Any other direction takes you over densely populated parts of the city and I typically get ranges around 3000 feet.  Yesterday I flew that route and when I took off, I got momentary video break up and weak signal a couple of times about 1500 feet from home while still over the densely populated part of south Burbank.  But as I began to get over less and less densely populated areas, moving further south over the Equestrian Center and eventually into Griffith Park, the signal became more stable even though I was getting further from home.  I eventually turned back at a distance of over 5400 feet from home and I could have gone further because the signal was solid even at that distance.  I did this flight standing on my back porch in densely populated Burbank.  So, I am starting to think that there may not necessarily be a transmitter power problem, but rather an issue with aircraft receiver vulnerability to localized interference.  That would explain good distance when flying over less populated areas, and not so good over densly populated areas even though the control point is still within a densely populated high RF environment.  Incidentally, all my tests were done at about 380' altitude.  Just my latest thoughts on this issue.

More info here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desensitization_(telecommunications)

--Jim

13002.jpg
2016-4-14
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-4-14
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-4-14
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

Jim Watkins Posted at 2016-4-14 09:15
I am not completely convinced that the range issues have to do with the controller or it's power.  W ...

Thanks for sharing your experience.
2016-4-14
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

Alan Guan Posted at 2016-4-13 15:02
I think that the phantom 4 controller is egual to p3

Yea, sure. Says the guy who has the audacity to ask for a free Phantom on the forums. Get out of here Alan.
2016-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules