How to download maps at home?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TJ10
lvl.2

Canada

When I take my Iphone 6 with me to fly, it says it will use up a lot of data to download the satelite maps, so I hit cancel. When I'm at home, the maps show up just fine over Wifi, but when I leave my house they do not load. I read somewhere you can download the maps before you leave? How do you do that, and how much map would be downloaded onto my phone. i.e I live in Canada, so would it download all of North America for example?
2016-4-13
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.3

United States

I'm curious about this as well. I actually did not realized that I was using data when I fly away from home?
2016-4-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Ok here is what  I do. First thing make sure you have a map program  that will work on you device when you have wi- fi for it.   Then make sure the map is compatible with the DJI go program.   Now be sure to enable the "Cache Map in the Background " This can be found in" General Settings " on the go app.

So before you go out to fly, Open the go app at home and Use the Map feature and go to the area you are going to be at on the map, be sure to zoom all the way in and out then keep that map  page  when you close the device.

Now with that map "Cached" from the GO app it should be available the next time you fly at you flying site.  Give it a try

Have fun - donnie
2016-4-13
Use props
TJ10
lvl.2

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-13 15:21
Ok here is what  I do. First thing make sure you have a map program  that will work on you device wh ...

Awesome thanks for the help, I'll give it a try!
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Here is the option.
后台缓存地图.PNG
2016-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now