Latest firm ware update - what is the purpose?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wayne.long
lvl.1

Can DJI tell us what is the latest firm ware update supposed to change?  If it is posted elsewhere I apologize, but I can't find anything about what the update is supposed to do.  When you update any other app or product you are given an explanation of what the purpose of the update is supposed to accomplish.
2016-4-13
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1093248 ft
United States

Good question
2016-4-13
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft

As of now I still have yet to have a successful update....first round stuck with gimbal motor overheat, second time and it started and is stuck at 100%.....
2016-4-13
Use props
Quadifier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2664 ft
United States

It's in the release notes....right there on the DJI downloads page.

What’s New:
1.  Improved aircraft stability through optimized flight controller logic.
2.  Optimized gimbal parameters.
3.  Fixed clip preview error in 2.7K resolution mode.
4.  Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission.
Notes:

The firmware can be downgraded to v1.7.0060.

Both the aircraft and the remote controller must be upgraded or else they will not link.
2016-4-13
Use props
wayne.long
lvl.1

Quadifier, thanks for your response, much appreciated
2016-4-13
Use props
ARM-001
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

Unfortunately DJI have a pretty bad reputation for hiding elements of their f/w updates and keeping customers in the dark. Quadifier is correct in the release notes description DJI published, but bear in mind there's a high potential for them to be only half the story, with an arrogant attitude from DJI of "why would we tell you? you don't need to know".

In their latest update the very useful "set home point" button mysteriously disappeared from the home screen, only to be found buried very inconveniently in the settings menu - this wasn't included in the release notes and the source of confusion and frustration for users. Just a small example of DJIs attitude that Its their product and we should just be grateful to be allowed the privilege to fly it.

Until DJI has a little more respect for its customers, we're always going to view their "release notes" with a measure of skepticism. But it's like Jeff Bezos once said "customers will be loyal to you, right up until someone else offers them a better service".
2016-4-13
Use props
Quadifier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2664 ft
United States

Yeah...all we can go by is what is published.
2016-4-13
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1361040 ft

Can anyone tell me where the photo preview went?  The one that gives you like a 2 second review of the photo you just took?
2016-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules