P3 Gimbal Lock
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
breubelt93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192480 ft
United States

What are you guys using to keep the gimbal locked during transport. I've got a hard shell case but I just don't know how much longer I can survive with the stock lens cap and gimbal lock.
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

I simply use the gimbal clamp came with the drone and put it into the hard shell backpack when I go for a trip. It has no problems.
2016-4-14
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

I agree with Paladin, the stock gimbal clamp works fine for me. Added one of those red "Remove before flight" tags to quickly find it in the case after flying.
2016-4-14
Use props
jcarlson1701
lvl.1

United States

I'm using the Polar Pro gimbal lock and love it. It's much easier to remove and install versus the stock lock. It covers the lens as well.
2016-4-14
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

"What are you guys using to keep the gimbal locked during transport. I've got a hard shell case but I just don't know how much longer I can survive with the stock lens cap and gimbal lock."

Looking for a more eloquent but safe way to protect the gimbal while not flying. I find the gimbal clamp that came with the unit can be finicky to attach (especially while holding the drone) and I'm concerned I may force it and damage the gimbal. It's ok to use when the copter is on a table, but trying to hold the bird and attach the clamp can be tricky.

I saw one of those cheap lens cap/lock on Amazon, is it worth picking one up? It looks similar to the Polar Pro?

Did your unit come with a lens cap? My P3P did not.
2016-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules