Please Help!
1333 19 2016-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
camhinton
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Good morning everyone,
Yesterday I went out to one of my local beaches and did a film, edited it and uploaded it to YouTube. I filmed everything on my Phantom 3 professional and my OSMO. When watching the footage back, the drone looked really juddery and laggy. Can someome please help me as to why this is.

Is my issue with rendering on final cut pro or is it my drone. I had immense trouble with my drone after the last firmware update.

Here is my video -

Thank you
2016-4-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It looks quite smooth here on the other side of the world.
Perhaps an issue with your net connection?

Great work by the way.   You made me want to go there.
It looks a great place to give a P3 a workout.
2016-4-14
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

Nice Video
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Good job and this youtube video plays smoothly . If the original videos play well on your PC/Mac before editing,  your issue may be related to the editing software.
2016-4-14
Use props
camhinton
lvl.2

United Kingdom

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-4-14 09:18
Perhaps an issue with your net connection ...

Thank you for your help. Well i am glad to hear its smooth for you but its a shame its not for me
2016-4-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

camhinton Posted at 2016-4-14 19:34
Thank you for your help. Well i am glad to hear its smooth for you but its a shame its not for me  ...

Is your problem with watching it play back on your computer, or is it with watching it on Youtube?

2016-4-14
Use props
camhinton
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-14 10:54
Is your problem with watching it play back on your computer, or is it with watching it on Youtube? ...

Its with both. On final cut pro there are wavey lines on a lot of the shots and it is laggy and also on YouTube. Im using a new Macbook Pro with i got last month so its not my machine i hope
2016-4-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

camhinton Posted at 2016-4-14 20:23
Its with both. On final cut pro there are wavey lines on a lot of the shots and it is laggy and al ...

I shouldn't think it is your computer if it is that new. Are you shooting MOV or MP4? Macs are sometimes picky about the file container, and prefer MOV files. However that does not explain why it looks bad off YouTube.
2016-4-14
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

Beautiful video!

* Do you have any programs running on your computer?  Malware detection software or other background tasks?
* Do you have the latest and correct codec?

That's all I can think of.

HTH
2016-4-14
Use props
mike_brown
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am in the UK and it played perfectly for me. To me right back to many happy hols at that spot, nice video.
2016-4-14
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

camhinton Posted at 2016-4-14 11:23
Its with both. On final cut pro there are wavey lines on a lot of the shots and it is laggy and al ...

My 2012 Macbook Pro won't play 4K properly.  I have to save it as 1080p to watch it.  I only have 4Gb RAM though, but I do have an SSD.
2016-4-14
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-4-14 09:18
Perhaps an issue with your net connection ...

You'd find it too cold.
2016-4-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

nigelw Posted at 2016-4-14 22:37
You'd find it too cold.

Cornwall has a lot of the kind of scenery I shoot so I'd put up with the cold (some anyway).
I was in London, Summer 2014 and it was too hot for me.
2016-4-14
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

camhinton Posted at 2016-4-14 19:34
Thank you for your help. Well i am glad to hear its smooth for you but its a shame its not for me  ...

At first I never noticed it either, but when I played it back I did notice it and it only occurs on some of the shots when you are flying a bit faster. I'm not cluey when it comes to photography, but is it possible that it has something to do with the lower frame rates at the higher speeds?
2016-4-14
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Check the microSd card and see if it is the higher end.Also, a good idea is to turn off any other software services that could slow down the video editing process.
2016-4-14
Use props
hobbynuttx
lvl.1

United States

beautifull video, i too would like to be able to shoot amazing video from my multirotor, if i can ever get a working gps system. the overwhelming BS that i've been through with dji just trying to get a nazamlitegpscombo to work. has gone way beyond rediculous. it looks like i'me going  to have to jump through all the hoops to get my money back from hobbyking, and that's not what i spent my money for. i really don't want my money back, i want a working gps system. anyone know where i can get one?
2016-4-14
Use props
markdaviesmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 464961 ft
United States

Can you be specific about at what point in the video you are seeing "juddery and laggy"? Are you seeing it in all the aerials?

I feel like if I look REAL HARD I might maybe possibly see it at a couple points (maybe I'm imagining it?) but, by and large, it looks great.
2016-4-15
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

It does look a bit jerky to me in places e.g around 1.03 to 1.06.  What shutter speed were you using ? Also in FCP are you editing the original media or optimised (ProRess encoded) media ?
2016-4-15
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job. I don't see anything wrong with the video.
2016-4-15
Use props
mambo1945
lvl.1

United States

Looks good to my old eyes.
2016-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules