Image blur blurred blurry soft
2486 28 2016-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richard.swainso
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The video image on my P3 was blurry on the right hand side of the image and now my P4 is blurry on the left hand side of the image. I do not own a filter, the lens is as naked as when it came out of the box. No marks, smudges or finder prints. The poor quality of the image is very noticable when played (via the sd card) on my 4k TV. Has anyone else noticed the difference between the left and right hand side of the image?
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, what kind of sd card do you use in the drone? It would be better to upload the original video to dropbox and post a link here.
2016-4-15
Use props
richard.swainso
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-15 11:54
Hello, what kind of sd card do you use in the drone? It would be better to upload the original video ...

Having done some further testing, it appears that the image quality is exaggerated when played directly on my Panasonic 65" 4K TV through the SD card slot in the TV. The right hand side of the image is super sharp and the left appears quite blurred. The TV only reads MP4 format and not the MOV.
However, if I play a MOV via my PC on the 4K TV the left hand side of the image seems quite sharp. The quality seems very slightly lower throughout the image when viewed via this method.
I also reset the camera twice which strangely may have made a slight improvement in the level of sharpness on the left hand side. I'll carry out further testing over the next few weeks (weather permitting!).
2016-4-16
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-15 11:54
Hello, what kind of sd card do you use in the drone? It would be better to upload the original video ...

Really?  Are you clutching at straws now or is there some logic in this?
2016-4-16
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

richard.swainso Posted at 2016-4-16 13:35
Having done some further testing, it appears that the image quality is exaggerated when played dir ...

Take a photo & post it here.  If the camera's at fault it'll be much more obvious in a full sized still image.
2016-4-16
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

richard.swainso Posted at 2016-4-16 20:35
Having done some further testing, it appears that the image quality is exaggerated when played dir ...

Thanks for your cooperation. It would be better if you upload your video to dropbox and post the public link here. Firmware version and SD card type are also necessary.
2016-4-17
Use props
ian
lvl.1

Singapore

I'm having the same issue. Sorry if I'm Hijacking this thread. Let me know if I should start a new one.

I need to know if this is Normal with other Phantom 4 guys.

The corners are blury and the center is sharp. Im using a SanDisk Extreme Pro. Latest version of everything, Phantom 4 fully updated. Reset camera and all as requested by DJI support. And still the same.

I uploaded and described further in the file named blur.jpg
I also included the RAW DNG files DJI_0235.DNG, DJI_0236.DNG, DJI_0237.DNG

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zfiu8 ... AiD9rdJtGYVhna?dl=0
blur.jpg
2016-4-21
Use props
richard.swainso
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey Ian, yours seems to be blurred on both sides. Mine's just on the left hand side. These are screenshots of some footage I took today. As you can see the left is blurred comparred to the right.
2016-04-24 001.jpg
2016-04-24 002.jpg
2016-04-24 003.jpg
2016-04-24 004.jpg
2016-04-24 005.jpg
2016-04-24 006.jpg
2016-4-24
Use props
richard.swainso
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The 4th and 5th image are cropped from the 3rd image. The 4th is top left and the 5th is top right. The firmware is up to date. No filters. Class 10 SanDisk Ultra SD card.
2016-4-24
Use props
richard.swainso
lvl.1

United Kingdom

nigelw Posted at 2016-4-16 15:07
Take a photo & post it here.  If the camera's at fault it'll be much more obvious in a full sized  ...

Hey Nigel, sorry for the delay in reply. Have a look at the pictures and let me know what you think.
Thanks
2016-4-24
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bear in mind that there is a stock UV filter on the front of the camera , straight out of the box. This would have had the protective plastic on front, might be worth a quick check just to see there's no residue or marks on filter.
2016-4-24
Use props
richard.swainso
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-4-24 18:54
Bear in mind that there is a stock UV filter on the front of the camera , straight out of the box. T ...

Triple checked that. That would be a schoolboy error!
2016-4-24
Use props
richard.swainso
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-18 04:10
Thanks for your cooperation. It would be better if you upload your video to dropbox and post the p ...

Hi Paladin, what do you make of the images?
2016-4-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

richard.swainso Posted at 2016-4-25 03:14
The 4th and 5th image are cropped from the 3rd image. The 4th is top left and the 5th is top right.  ...

Please, let us just get this one out of the way. The SD card has no effect on whether the image is blurry or not. None!
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

richard.swainso Posted at 2016-4-25 06:48
Hi Paladin, what do you make of the images?

Thank for you patience. The photos are not normal and it may probably a hardware issue. I'd suggest you to contact our EU office for the RMA:
联系欧洲.JPG
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

ian@ugotshotby. Posted at 2016-4-22 10:43
I'm having the same issue. Sorry if I'm Hijacking this thread. Let me know if I should start a new o ...

Hi ian, I've checked your files and my suggestion is please contact our support (support@dji.com or live chat) . There is probably a hardware issue in the camera which needs RMA
2016-4-25
Use props
ian
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-25 18:02
Hi ian, I've checked your files and my suggestion is please contact our support ( or live chat) .  ...

I tried emailing them. They just reply the same thing. "It is normal". Which it is clearly not normal. The corners not focused at all.

------------------------------
Dear Ian,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We have forwarded your photos to our R&D stuff for diagnose and they said that the photos are fine.
It is a normal performance of wide-angle lens that the edge area of the photo isn't that clear as the central area of the photo, you do not need to worried about it.

Thanks for choosing DJI.

Best regards,

DJI Product Application Technical Support Center

And another reply from

Hi  Ian Dennis D'Rozario
Our camera engineers have checked your pictures,we think it is normal,
Phantom 4 camera is fixed focus camera, you can see the camera params in this link :http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-4/info#specs

Thanks for your understanding.

DJI support
Funny thing is that Fixed Focal Length means what ever is sharp within the same distance will be sharp. And it is clearly the same distance in my images and it is not sharp at the same corners.

The DNG are here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zfiu8 ... AiD9rdJtGYVhna?dl=0
blur.jpg
2016-4-27
Use props
ian
lvl.1

Singapore

richard.swainso Posted at 2016-4-25 01:07
Hey Ian, yours seems to be blurred on both sides. Mine's just on the left hand side. These are scree ...

You see Richard. Corners of the image can be sharp. Just like yours. Just comparing to what DJI replied me. They reply that wide angle lens corners is not as clear as the center. Have you gotten any reply from DJI support?
2016-4-27
Use props
ian
lvl.1

Singapore

Aardvark Posted at 2016-4-25 01:54
Bear in mind that there is a stock UV filter on the front of the camera , straight out of the box. T ...

Noted. But all my footage, video and images are using different filters. And all are the same results. None of the were ever clear at the edges.
2016-4-27
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

ian@ugotshotby. Posted at 2016-4-27 19:38
I tried emailing them. They just reply the same thing. "It is normal". Which it is clearly not norm ...

You need to contact them again with a link to this thread where Paladin is telling you that it is not normal and needs an RMA# and repair. My P4 does not do that, it is definitely not normal.
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

ian@ugotshotby. Posted at 2016-4-27 19:38
I tried emailing them. They just reply the same thing. "It is normal". Which it is clearly not norm ...

Hello ian, could you leave me your ticket number?
2016-4-27
Use props
ian
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-28 10:13
Hello ian, could you leave me your ticket number?

Is this the Ticket No. ? 199219 and 198097
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

ian@ugotshotby. Posted at 2016-4-28 12:01
Is this the Ticket No. ? 199219 and 198097

OK, I'll look into it.
2016-4-27
Use props
ian
lvl.1

Singapore

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-4-28 02:53
You need to contact them again with a link to this thread where Paladin is telling you that it is  ...

Noted Fated Films, will link this thread, thanks. Possible for you to post a clear image to show that it is ment to be clear all around?
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

ian@ugotshotby. Posted at 2016-4-28 12:13
Noted Fated Films, will link this thread, thanks. Possible for you to post a clear image to show t ...

Hello ian, could you provide me several photos of the camera's front as well as the SN ? Such like:
IMG_0383.JPG

By the way, it would be better to provide me your location
2016-4-27
Use props
ian
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-28 15:20
Hello ian, could you provide me several photos of the camera's front as well as the SN ? Such like: ...

Hi Paladin,

My location is in Singapore. I bought this from DJI website because DJI dealer "Cathay Photo" in Singapore could not sell them at that time. Let me know if you need more info.

SN

SN

without UV

without UV

without UV

without UV

without UV

without UV

with UV

with UV

with UV

with UV

with UV

with UV
2016-4-30
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 593120 ft

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-28 15:20
Hello ian, could you provide me several photos of the camera's front as well as the SN ? Such like: ...

what is that orange thing above the lens?
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-6-27 16:39
what is that orange thing above the lens?

It is just a sticker
捕获.JPG
2016-6-27
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-25 10:59
Thank for you patience. The photos are not normal and it may probably a hardware issue. I'd sugges ...

why NA when he's in the UK?
2016-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules