Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3P RTH button broke. Pushes inward.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

I know this isn't a new issue in the community but of course it happened to me now.  I very rarely use the RTH button.  Pretty much when only give a demonstration to someone.  The right side of the button pushes inward slightly. This is a terrible time for this to happed as it's now getting very nice outside.  I've only had my P3P since Septemer of last year making it only about 7 months old.  I know I can file a warranty clamin tomorrow but I'd hate to be out of commision for a few weeks.  Do anyone know if you can buy the shell for the transmitter?  I know it's a long shot but if it could be obtained, I would just forget the warranty and buy/fix it myself.

Thanks.
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your issue. I'd suggest you to contact our service center in north america as below:
Email: support.us@dji.com
Phone: +1 (818) 235 0789  
Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
2016-4-15
Use props
Mrcrane2u
lvl.1

It happened to me one the very first flight sent it in week and a half later in the mail should have it the 19th of apriljust a few more days.no problem
2016-4-15
Use props
wtrskinut1
lvl.2

United States

Just sent mine in for the same thing. Had it back in 10 days from the East Coast. Not to bad. P.S. You will most likely get a new controller.
2016-4-15
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

I can sympathize with your reluctance to have to send your P3 controller off for repair - I just went through the same thing due to the right command stick module breaking loose from the mount inside the top of the controller.

I called DJI at 12:38 on 3/28.  By 3:49 I have a shipping label from them.  I shipped it within 30 minutes.
On Wednesday 4/6 at 1:29 I received a shipping confirmation of the "repaired" controller.
On Tuesday 4/12 at 11:07, the USPS delivered a brand new - not repaired - controller.

Where it IS a bit of an inconvenience - There's simply no way I know of that DJI could have handled this any faster or better than they did for me.  I simply re-linked the new controller to my P3P, did all the updates, checked it all out here in the house [time/weather issue for getting outside] and I'm ready to go again.

HUGE props to DJI for how they handled this.  VERY HAPPY customer.
2016-4-15
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

I had to return my RC for rhe RTH button issue.
Again, very fast turn round, with a New RC within 10 days.
2016-4-15
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought my P3P Dec. 28 and on the first flight when I tested the RTH feature, the RTH button was loose under RC shell. I have not returned it for fear of a long wait to get it back from DJI. This forum has a lot of complaints about DJI support and weeks upon weeks of waiting for repairs and return. The only time I use the RTH button is when I show someone this feature.
2016-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules