How do I edit video using the GO app?
1026 7 2016-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

As the title says.

I read about people using the GO app but I've never found a way to do it. Any assistance would be welcome.
2016-4-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Don't bother, a phone is no place to do decent editing... unless you really want crap results.
2016-4-15
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

It is on a 10.1" Acer Tablet...And crap results are a stepping stone as I see it. Better than just the straight video.
2016-4-15
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It's relatively easy but too complicated to explain here, go to YouTube and search "video editing, DJI Go app".  I'm sure you will find some help.  PS I use it and it works OK for making online videos.
2016-4-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

FAS1 Posted at 2016-4-16 09:11
It is on a 10.1" Acer Tablet...And crap results are a stepping stone as I see it. Better than just t ...

It depends upon what material you are editing. If you use the material on the device that runs the Go App, then it is already relatively low quality, as the feed is only 720p resolution. If you are happy working at that resolution, then fine. The GO App is really only suited to low end Internet quality, there are much better video editing programs available.

But if you are shooting 4K, then you are not going to be getting the benefit of 4K resolution. The full 4K file is on the SD card in the aircraft, and if you want to edit that, then the DJI Go App cannot deal with it, and neither will your Acer tablet. You will have to copy it to a capable computer and edit it there.

It is always wise to remember the old adage 'Garbage In = Garbage Out. If you start with 720p footage, it cannot get better, only worse.

2016-4-15
Use props
joey.lopina
lvl.3
Flight distance : 498839 ft

Try using Cyberlink Power Director for Android.  Decent app for editing videos in 1080. Pretty user friendly as well.  Good luck.
2016-4-15
Use props
jaycee
lvl.2

China

The "editor" in the DJI Go app allows you to copy and paste clips for a short movie. You can then add background music and post on social media.

Is there any other  "video editing " feature in the app?

Cheers,
2016-4-15
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

I don't know. I've never seen/found ANY editing function of the GO app.
2016-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules