Cannot upgrade firmware and gimbal now unresponsive
970 7 2016-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jay.daley
lvl.1

Australia

Hey team,

I’m in need of some pretty desperate help. I’ve trawled the forums and can’t see this issue listed so I’m hoping someone here can help me.

I have tried to upgrade the firmware for my I1Pro. Have been unable to do so. I have tried installing 1.08.01 and when the SD card is inserting in the camera nothing happens. Have tried formatting the card as FAT32, exFAT and in camera. Have also tried installing 1.07.00.9 (from back in March 16) incase I needed to go through that as well – nothing. No upgrade takes place when the card is inserted).

Then tried upgrading firmware on remote. That worked complete. Then started receiving the Remote Signal Lost error. Managed to downgrade 1.5.8 and it fixed the Remote Signal Lost error but now I have all firmware upgrade warnings back.

My camera gimbal is now completely unresponsive. When I power cycle on the bird the camera will not line up straight and the sticks will not move it, pan it, etc.

Still trying to upgrade firmware with above steps. Format card, copy on BIN File, insert in camera, Power on. Nothing.. Should also say that no firmware status logs are present on the card after each attempt..

What have I done wrong? Please help J

Jay

2016-4-15
Use props
windwardbound
lvl.2

This may sound rudimentary but, make certain you have a "good" fully charged battery that has been working well.  If you have several batteries try different ones.  If you have already upgraded the aircraft, the battery that was in the craft at the time of upgrade, should have been upgraded as the upgrade included the battery as well as the aircraft.  I had to exchange the batteries 4 times to allow each battery to be upgraded individually.  Make sure that the battery is making good contact.  It's pretty easy to have a situation where the camera did not align properly when mounted and you might have to start over and install the camera again.  That happened to me twice.  Go slow and be certain that the camera aligns as it should.  Be meticulous!  The camera/gimbal gets it power through the connection point.  Look for bent or poorly aligned pins at the point of contact.  Sorry for your predicament.  Good luck and report how it works.  Others reading these posts might be having or have had the same problem you are having right now.  I dedicate some time every few days and scan these posts to see if I can be of any assistance.  It's payback for having gotten my own butt out o! a jamb a few times.
2016-4-15
Use props
alexmaranan
New

United States

I have same problem. gimble no response.
2016-4-15
Use props
alexmaranan
New

United States

"Managed to downgrade 1.5.8 and it fixed the Remote Signal Lost error but now I have all firmware upgrade warnings back. "

How did you downgrade?
2016-4-15
Use props
jay.daley
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks for the replies guys.

Windward bound - I really appreciate your thoughts and willingness to help. Thank you! I have certainly checked the batteries and cycled between two fully charged and neither have changed the outcomes or allowed the drone to start the upgrade process.

Alexmaranan when I experienced the Remote Signal error I trawled the net for solutions and came across this video which directly addressed the issue:  

The resolution is achieved by back-grading the firmware which the video talks through how to do. It fixed the signal lost error but now I'm where I am with an unresponsive gimbal and my drone still will not upgrade the firmware.

Thanks again for the help guys - I really am stuck.

Jay
2016-4-15
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Firmware updates rarely pass by without a spike in activity on the forum.
A part of it is user error, sometimes people jump straight in and don't read the release notes or instructions (not saying this is the case here OP.) but there are many people affected while following the procedures exactly.

Clearly some room for improvement in the process.  
2016-4-15
Use props
jay.daley
lvl.1

Australia

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-4-16 12:25
Firmware updates rarely pass by without a spike in activity on the forum.
A part of it is user error ...

Frank - you're absolutely right and the DJI firmware upgrade process isn't really the most straight forward of processes.

I am the kind of person who is naturally inclined to assume user error before anything else so I'm always happy to try a fair degree of troubleshooting before assuming the matter is out of my hands and this one unfortunately has me stumped.

What I am most confused by is that the aircraft simply will not even initiate the upgrade process. I've been meticulous and slow in making sure I'm following the process and I'm at a dead end.

It's unfortunate as I've been away for a month for some photography without the drone and am home now and desperate to get her air bound again but she's sitting here with a camera at 45 degrees and refusing to upgrade for me

2016-4-15
Use props
jay.daley
lvl.1

Australia

Hey guys,

I wanted to give you all an update on the outcome of this. I managed to find a way to resolve the issues.

To address the firmware installation issue I went back as far as i could int he firmwares available on the DJI site and installed them, the meticulously went one by one through to the current version effectively back dating and then starting over.

...and it worked.

I was back on line then to address the gimbal / camera resting at 45 degrees i just performed an auto calibrate on the gimbal and that fixed it up.

Thanks for your help thoughts and hopefully someone else may find this resolution advice of help to them.

Cheers,

Jay
2016-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules