Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO, X5, X5R and accessories
1454 10 2016-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MartinK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68471 ft
Estonia

Hi Everyone!

This week we had nice surprise. Finally the adapter for the X5 series is avalible. I plan to purchase the new X5R however can I still use my other OSMO accessories:

- Car mount
- Extention rod and tripod.

It would be pretty disappointing if I need to purchade every accessorie all over again. These are not cheap. Can these older accessories handle the extra weight?

Best regards,
Martin
2016-4-16
Use props
Neraxus
lvl.4

Canada

Very good question. I ordered a car mount along with my adpater and I'm wondering if it'll work or if I'll promptly be returning it.
2016-4-16
Use props
ChristianLewisP
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The extension rod should handle the X5 ok. Don't trust car mounts, so don't use one.
2016-4-17
Use props
MartinK
lvl.4
Estonia

ChristianLewisP Posted at 2016-4-17 21:00
The extension rod should handle the X5 ok. Don't trust car mounts, so don't use one.

Actually the original DJI OSMO car mount is one of the best I've seen. It has a very solid construction however it would be nice to get some information from the manufacturer side before hanging  thousands of euros on the roof of my car
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
For sake of safety, the Osmo accessories mentioned above are not compatible with X5/X5R cameras which will make the accessories overload.
2016-4-20
Use props
dopeytree
First Officer
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The car mount works ok. (I used it with a 3d printed adapter) however as adele says its not recommended. So as such I would buy a safety line type thing and connect that somewhere close on the car I.E the windscreen wipers, so then if it does come off it won't crash & break on the floor. Also gaffe tape is your best friend!!

I have just ordered the tripod & extension rod & plan to test them out as soon as they arrive.
2016-4-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dopeytree Posted at 2016-4-20 18:00
The car mount works ok. (I used it with a 3d printed adapter) however as adele says its not recommen ...

Thanks for your feedback!
We would like to wait for more further information from you!
2016-4-20
Use props
MartinK
lvl.4
Estonia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-20 12:52
Hi,
For sake of safety, the Osmo accessories mentioned above are not compatible with X5/X5R cameras  ...

Hi Adela,

Is this the official answer from the engineering department? The car mount seems to be really well constructed and it is important accessory for my job. Have you made tests internally?

Br,
Martin
2016-4-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

MartinK Posted at 2016-4-20 18:33
Hi Adela,

Is this the official answer from the engineering department? The car mount seems to be  ...

Hi, Mattin
Thanks for your comment about the quality of DJI Vehicle Mount.
Our engineers did the internal test already, and we would not recommend mounting the X5/X5R camera on it in case of any damage due to the overweight. (Our engineers will do more testing on it)

Regards!
DJI-Adela
2016-4-20
Use props
MartinK
lvl.4
Estonia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-21 06:16
Hi, Mattin
Thanks for your comment about the quality of DJI Vehicle Mount.
Our engineers did the in ...

Even if the maximum allowed speed for the car is going to be reduced for the X5R it would be nice to know.    I carry out these tests for free if you are going to sponsor me with the X5R
2016-4-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

MartinK Posted at 2016-4-21 17:59
Even if the maximum allowed speed for the car is going to be reduced for the X5R it would be nice  ...

Thanks for your interest of testing the X5R with the vehicle mount!
If we have any further information, we would keep you informed!
2016-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules