Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Live feed turns to black when taking pictures
917 12 2016-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gpgayosa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111962 ft
Philippines

Good day everyone,

Does anybody experiences the live feed video momentarily going black when pressing the shutter button on the app or the Shutter button on the controller? I did not experience this when taking pictures on my Phantom 3 Advanced

Sometimes the video feed freezes and shows some garbage/artifacs.

for information I updated the phantom 4 and its RC to its latest version and my mobile device for the RC is a Samsung Galaxy S7e

TIA
2016-4-16
Use props
KeithS
lvl.3

Australia

I'm getting exactly the same issues.

Happens when I'm quite close to the drone, so signal strength and distance isn't the issue.

I also have the same issue when it's just sitting on the ground or even flying, not just when taking pictures.

Screen break up / pink - green lines etc...  pretty much like you demonstrated in the video.

2016-4-17
Use props
BIGFOOT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 735902 ft
Thailand

KeithS Posted at 2016-4-17 16:25
I'm getting exactly the same issues.

Happens when I'm quite close to the drone, so signal strength  ...

Same here,but happened even before any recording or pics were taken
Changed HD TO CUSTOM CHANNEL and it disappeared
Very odd,I was within 2 metres of p4
It couldn't have been a distance issue
2016-4-17
Use props
gpgayosa
lvl.1
Philippines

BIGFOOT Posted at 2016-4-17 17:35
Same here,but happened even before any recording or pics were taken
Changed HD TO CUSTOM CHANNEL  ...

Could this be a software/firmware issue? have you all updated your P4 to the latest version?
2016-4-17
Use props
gpgayosa
lvl.1
Philippines

Whats really weird is that when taking a picture the display goes black. This does no happen in my phantom 3A
2016-4-17
Use props
KeithS
lvl.3

Australia

Never had an issue with my P3P either.

Although this issue doesnt affect the footage on the SD card, it's frustrating and not what you'd expect when you pay $2399 AUD for it.
2016-4-17
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

I get the same thing, except usually only before I take off. After I take off, the app has frozen and crashed the tablet more than a few times, but as long as i just either hover/land and wait for the tablet to turn back on in a minute everythings good again, and I never lose control, it's just kind of an annoyance thing. It happens almost every flight, when I'm close to my P4. The black lines never happens when im flying, just the app crashes sometimes for me (Android, Google Nexus 7 II)
2016-4-17
Use props
KeithS
lvl.3

Australia

I have also have the issue primarily before take off.  But i just did some time lapse photo's using Litchi App and it happened whilst in the air at least 100 of the 200 photo's taken.

I'm curious to know if this is a big enough issue to have the product replaced.
2016-4-17
Use props
gpgayosa
lvl.1
Philippines

But Is it same for you guys that when you take a photo, the video feed turns to black momentarily?
2016-4-17
Use props
KeithS
lvl.3

Australia

Either black or coloured lines
2016-4-17
Use props
patou72
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Nice to hear that i'm not the only one
And when i try to review the photos with the downlink, half of them got these colored lines. The only way to get rid of them is to zoom in the picture...
2016-4-18
Use props
madaerial
lvl.3
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

Happens to me as well. I haven't alone a Phantom since the Phantom 1 days. I assumed it was normal. Mostly I just get noise/artifacts/lost signal, but occasionally black as well. Interestingly, I took my first AEB shots for HDR last night and it busted those 3 out in a second with no issues. Over and over again.
2016-4-18
Use props
Kevin.Avery

United States

My P4 goes black every time the shutter actuates. I figured it was normal. My first Phantom however.
2016-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules