Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone smashes in to commercial airliner UK
1096 9 2016-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michaelfinney_h
lvl.2

United Kingdom

It's just been announced on the BBC radio here in the UK that a commercial airliner coming in to Heathrow ariport hit a drone. No damage to the plane which landed normally. Following inspection of the plane it took off again. What kind of maniac flies their drone anywhere near the worlds most busy airport?

2016-4-17
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Whoever it was I hope they get prosecuted, trying their best to get all quads grounded by the look of it

BBC Story
2016-4-17
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

I would like to see a photo of a damaged drone, or a video of an alleged collision, a scratch on the plane, or any other material proof.

Is it difficult to make a photo with a smartphone camera and add it to the BBC article?
2016-4-17
Use props
mickey.railcam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377667 ft
United Kingdom

This story was later proved to be unfounded, this came as no surprise to me. I fail to see how the pilot of an airbus  cruising at 1000ft can possibly see a drone, I suspect scaremongering to get the CAA to tighten up the regs.
2016-5-19
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

mickey.railcam Posted at 2016-5-19 11:49
This story was later proved to be unfounded, this came as no surprise to me. I fail to see how the p ...

I think they determined it was a plastic bag...
2016-5-19
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

They even found the "Drone" operator in Richmond Park.

I posted a pic - See here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-50339-1-1.html
2016-5-19
Use props
oldcar82
lvl.2

United States

mickey.railcam Posted at 2016-5-20 00:49
This story was later proved to be unfounded, this came as no surprise to me. I fail to see how the p ...

AGREED!!!... There are so many people out there that would blindly believe this story verbatim and never question the plausibility of such a occurrence even happening... I am totally against legislation of any kind until a problem comes into play that can be solved through no other means.
2016-5-19
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

idiots, on both side of the equation!
2016-5-19
Use props
nazsti
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374944 ft