123Next >
7550 87 2016-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
b.friess
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141680 ft

United Kingdom

Man oh man what is the matter with this drone operator u are messing it up for all uk users I hope they find u and bang u in prison for a long time u could killed hundreds i thought u couldn't fly near airports god this makes me so angry ..... Report is on sky news uk headlines BA flight 132 people hit by drone at Heathrow
2016-4-17
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you post the article.  Idiots are every where!
2016-4-17
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

Drone Hits British Airways Plane
2016-4-17
Use props
michaelfinney_h
lvl.2

United Kingdom

See "  Drone smashes in to commercial airliner UK" one hour ago BBC report in a replies
2016-4-17
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

I absolutely despair - what kind of total idiot do you need to be to fly near Heathrow - thank god the drone didn't get sucked into the engine. This is the second example of totally moronic behaviour that has been reported just this week.
2016-4-17
Use props
b.friess
lvl.2

United Kingdom

birdingbilly Posted at 2016-4-17 20:16
I absolutely despair - what kind of total idiot do you need to be to fly near Heathrow - thank god t ...

Thank god people where not killed mind you easy job for a terrorist
2016-4-17
Use props
hudster80
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2885423 ft
United States

If you put the drone in manual mode, you can bypass this. I wonder if that is what this person did. If the drone is in manual and very windy, it is very hard to control; I wonder if this happened?
2016-4-17
Use props
b.friess
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Just not right to fly neat airports
2016-4-17
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

It was a suspected drone.  I bet the pilot just hit a bird.   
2016-4-17
Use props
showardsh1967
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft

new to all this , but i thought there where no fly zones, think 10 miles from airports. Here comes new update for all of us do to unsafe flying.
2016-4-17
Use props
MichaelUK
New

United Kingdom

If the phantom is denied flight in these areas then we can assume it was another drone make...    That's all us operators tired with the same brush.    Here's hoping we get automatic grandfather rights if registration becomes compulsory.   Lol
2016-4-17
Use props
john.shephard
New

United Kingdom

Registration has to come. Thus can't go on!
2016-4-17
Use props
helidan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it possible this was a flyaway on a non dji drone?
2016-4-17
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Croatia

john.shephard Posted at 2016-4-17 23:05

Registration is not likely to make a difference in this case unless you have people that are amazing at finding plastic fragments and people that are even more amazing at puzzles.
2016-4-17
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

john.shephard Posted at 2016-4-17 22:05

I have no problem with registration.
2016-4-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The link points to another case of unresponsible and sensationalist reporting. Is the Mirror one of Murdoch's diggusting rags? If so, it is not worth the electrons expended in displaying it.

You might note it ends with a poll asking if pilots flying drones near aircrafts should be jailed. And Cameron suggesting terrorists could use them to drop 'dirty bombs' simply demonstrates that he knows nothing about 'dirty bombs' or drones.

I am going to wash all my bombs in future.

2016-4-17
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-17 23:22
The link points to another case of unresponsible and sensationalist reporting. Is the Mirror one of  ...

Perhaps you should look at BBC website ?  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36067591
2016-4-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

birdingbilly Posted at 2016-4-18 08:53
Perhaps you should look at BBC website ?  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36067591

Well, that is a slightly more balanced coverage of the incident.
2016-4-17
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-4-18 06:07
I have no problem with registration.

I'd feel MUCH safer if they just forced us all to have a government agent personally stationed inside our homes to make absolutely sure we followed the rules.  I'd even give up whatever income as needed to pay for them to be there.   Being protected is always THE most important thing right Nigel ?

As far as the story, I'll believe it only after there is a conviction and the offending operator named publicly.
Until then, just more airline pilots partying too hard the night before.
UFO's are out....drones are in....notice the "evil eyes" on the drone in the photo  lmao
  • 17 April 2016 - A British Airways plane approaching Heathrow is believed to have hit a drone while in midair
  • 28 November 2015 - The pilot of a A321 plane narrowly missed a drone hovering at 100ft above a runway at Gatwick Airport
  • 30 September 2015 - A small drone helicopter passed within 30ft of the cockpit of an A319 plane while on the approach to Heathrow
  • 22 September 2015 - A "quadcopter-type drone" missed the right-hand side of a B777 plane by about 25m while at 2,000ft after it left Heathrow Airport
  • 13 September 2015 - A silver drone with a "balloon-like" centre missed an E170 aircraft by about 20m, while the plane was approaching London City Airport over the Thames
  • 13 September 2015 - A drone flew over the top of a B737 aircraft while at 4,000ft, missing it by about 5m, shortly after it left Stansted
  • 27 August 2015 - A DO328 aircraft flew within 50ft of a drone while approaching Manchester Aiport at 2,800ft

ALL of these could have been birds or birthday balloons
2016-4-17
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

john.shephard Posted at 2016-4-18 07:05

So  what's known?
An Airbus A320 is believed to have hit something at an unknown altitude at an undisclosed distance from Heathrow.
It might have been a drone ... or it miight not.
There's no information to enable any analysis beyond that.
Not even why the pilot believed it was a drone.

Without further information, any discussion, whether here in the forum or in the media is pointless speculation.
There just aren't enough facts to deduce anything.

2016-4-17
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

Going forward, media paranoia will ensure that every time an aircraft has a collision with a bird/unknown object the pilot will assume and report "A drone strike" or even worse "A terrorist drone strike"...Unfortunate but I'm almost willing to put money on it.
2016-4-17
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Whether it was a drone or not the day will eventually come when someone is irresponsible and stupid enough to cause a real injury or major incident.  

I would be more than happy  to have to go through a registration procedure here in the UK and if they make it official enough then it may deter the people who are giving us a bad name.  

As a side note I really don't like the way the media are queuing up waiting for this to happen.........
2016-4-17
Use props
peter1.harper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 547083 ft
United Kingdom

Hope they find him
2016-4-18
Use props
peter1.harper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 547083 ft
United Kingdom

Any one near Tamworth that want to meet would be great to speak to some one els not met any one that has one yet 07974158784
2016-4-18
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Get ready for a barrage of regulations. It only takes a reckless few.
2016-4-18
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

I just don't believe, that it was an UAV/drone.
While in landing approach an airliner travels at about 230-260 km/h (140-160 mph).
First of all, it is near to impossible, that you see a small UAV like a Phantom or Inspire at such speed. There have been test where small planes and drones, where the pilots knew that the drones were flying around and they couldn't spot them.
Secondly, if a collision was recognized, then why weren't there any damages at the plane. If the pilot really "felt" something, then there should be at least some scratches on the plane.
2016-4-18
Use props
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

The regulations are already in place in most countries , it's our responsibility as operators , to know these and abide by them .
2016-4-18
Use props
terjetyl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
Norway

chris_t Posted at 2016-4-18 12:42
I just don't believe, that it was an UAV/drone.
While in landing approach an airliner travels at abo ...

Doesn't matter too much if this was a drone or not, thing is that it will happen sooner or later anyways.

I think we will need more no-fly zones which will be opened only for registered flyers with authorization.
Drones over a certain size will need to have built in GPS blocking flights in no-fly zones so props to DJI for implementing such a solution
2016-4-18
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

helidan Posted at 2016-4-17 17:42
Is it possible this was a flyaway on a non dji drone?

Does it matters? All it matters is that a "drone" hits a passenger airplane.  
2016-4-18
Use props
info09
New

Germany

Still not proven that it was a drone. The only person who was saying the he guessed it "COULD BE" a drone was the airplane pilot. Maybe it wasn't a drone and maybe we should a calm down a little, because A) nothing happened (the airplane could start again after a shot check up) and b) it's still not proven that it really was a drone. If an operator really hit the airplane with a drone, that guy should be punished first and then put into prison for being an asshole.

Cheers,
Daniel
2016-4-18
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

I think he dinked it in the carpark and is afraid to fess up.
2016-4-18
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

A 1 kg drone wont take down an airplane but bigger ones can
2016-4-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think it really hit anything, it was probably a bird strike and there saying it was a drone to push there agenda. It happens all the time here in the states.
2016-4-18
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

info09 Posted at 2016-4-18 13:22
Still not proven that it was a drone. The only person who was saying the he guessed it "COULD BE" a  ...

I'm not sure we have a asshole law to charge him with.  However, it's not necessarily all the operator's fault.  One big problem I can see is, drones are often sold as toys, especially the cheaper ones.  You can get them from the supermarket when you go food shopping. People can buy them for children as birthday & Christmas presents with no regulation whatsoever.

There should at least be a document to sign to say you understand your responsibilities & will be held accountable for any mishaps due to neglect IMO.
2016-4-18
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 224577 ft
United States

info09 Posted at 2016-4-18 08:22
Still not proven that it was a drone. The only person who was saying the he guessed it "COULD BE" a  ...

"Still not proven that it was a drone."

From the original article link, it is not proven that anything actually struck the plane. No damage found. Passengers had no clue anything happened. Only the pilot thought he hit something which may have been a drone.

Definitely not enough information to come to any conclusions.

The problem is that more information likely exists, but news reporting today is horrible. Fact checking and information gathering is a relic of the past - replaced with a need for sensational/fear-mongering headlines, speed to get the story online and often some agenda. The editor of my high school newpaper was more responsible than today's outlets. Then again, that was in a time when journalistic integrity was not an oxymoron.
2016-4-18
Use props
SFGiants24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 394524 ft

United States

It doesn't matter what the plane hit. Read the headlines. This is not a court of law, it is the court of public opinion, and unfortunately people held a very low opinion of our hobby even before this incident. There will be a knee-jerk reaction, I'm sure . I hope DJI has deep enough pockets to fight the total ban that will be proposed.
2016-4-18
Use props
petermarten83
lvl.1

I like the way the media use a photo of a phantom in the articles wish other knew how safe the DJI platform is with its built in geo fencing its imposable for that kind of accident to happen with a DJi product.

Also this hasn't even been confirmed as a drone strike by the CAA the BBC News state the pilot of the airline claims the plane was hit by a drone but is not 100% sure till there is evidence and proof it was hit by a drone then I'm staying open minded. Ive meet a few pilots that have negative attitude towards drones and don't even know first thing about them. I wouldn't be surprised if the pilot in the story above has made the whole thing up as a hoax to try to get CAA to step in and ban drones in the UK.  

Id like to see all drone sold in the UK market that go above 50ft be fitted with geo fencing all other drones that fly below 50ft and cannot not be fitted with geo fencing should be made to use shortwave Bluetooth frequency for controls to prevent them from going to high if they cannot be block by Geo Fence then don't allow them to use long range frequency's

This would lead to a safer skys for pilots and airlines also stops idiots flying quadcopters in areas  they shouldnt be
2016-4-18
Use props
david
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202126 ft

Personally I am sick of drone-a-phobia.  Its hard for me to imagine that there are this many idiots down at their local airport trying to fly up to see an airplane land.  I'm surprised that someone sitting on the plane did not tell the reporter that he felt the drone was trying to look in the window of the plane to see his 8 year old daughter sunbathing.  In this case there is no drone seen, no drone found, and nothing pointing to a drone being involved at all.  
2016-4-18
Use props
J.N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102333 ft
France

The responsable should be send to justice. Because this few idiots with no brain, everybody paid with severe regulations. If sombody Know this fukin... idiote tell the police.
2016-4-18
Use props
J.N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102333 ft
France

leanlinao Posted at 2016-4-18 14:35
A 1 kg drone wont take down an airplane but bigger ones can

Yes i can. if suck inside a reactor
2016-4-18
Use props
123Next >