Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xtrick.pp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 522598 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hi all,

After the latest firmware update here some days ago I suddenly have been running into a big problem; In mid flight I lose signal over the HD downlink, in the upper part of the screen where it usually stands GPS "something" safe to fly in green, I get in red " No Signal", then the screen goes black and white and freezes. I can move the drone as usual, as can I with the camera and gimbal.
But, as soon as I turn off the GO app and then on again the signal's back and everything is back to normal.
And it doesn't matter how near or how far away I am from the drone, I can lose the HD Downlink signal a 100 meters from the bird to just a meter from the bird! And as said this has NEVER, not even once, happened earlier or in the previous firmware. This is absolutely without any doubt at all something to do with the new firmware!!
If I enter the menu and the HD downlink section this is what the screen looks like; (I can NOT choose over "auto" or "Manual" channel selection)

With the GO app on and the RC and the bird

With the GO app on and the RC and the bird

But, if I turn the RC off the HD downlink menu looks like this;

When RC off...

When RC off...

And I'm then able to choose between channels and image transmission quality. But as soon as I turn the RC and the drone on again, it's back to the first picture, without any way to choose channels or anything, and if I did choose channel for example 18, it goes back to channel 13!!!
As I mentioned, this has never ever been a problem, I've NOT ONCE lost the HD downlink signal!!!
Today I lost one of my careers most important jobs because of this, and how many more jobs am I going to lose because of this I wonder.. I', not at all a wealthy guy when it comes to money so this really really hurts!..

Can I downgrade to the previous firmware again??? (After all, it stands so in the DJI PDF for firmware updates!)

Please help me out here, I would certainly appreciate your help more than you'll ever will understand!!
Thanks in advance!!!

Patrick

2016-4-18
Use props
rtwhitehurst
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21775 ft
United States

I don't have a solution but I'm having the same issues as you after the firmware update...
2016-4-18
Use props
Patrick P
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

rtwhitehurst Posted at 2016-4-18 17:12
I don't have a solution but I'm having the same issues as you after the firmware update...

Really?  What device are you running it on then?
2016-4-18
Use props
Patrick P
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

I'm running it on a brand new Samsung tab 4, I bought it just for the reason for flying the drone. It worked like a dream before I was dumb enough to upgrade!  
2016-4-18
Use props
dmartin.ealnet
lvl.2
United States

It may not be the firmware but the app.  I have not upgraded my firmware recently, but my DJI-Go app updated all by itself.  I noticed the first time I flew with the app update, I got a 'weak signal' message before takeoff when only a few feet away from the bird.   I had never seen that message before.  After a few seconds, I got the 'safe-to-fly', and had no problems during flight.  I'll keep an eye on it, though. (I use ipad mini)
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, does this issue happen again when you use another device or usb cable? Have you tried to reinstalled the app? It would be better to post a screenshot of your fw version here.
2016-4-18
Use props
cherokee2170
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2158615 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-18 19:46
Hello, does this issue happen again when you use another device or usb cable? Have you tried to reinstalled the app? It would be better to post a screenshot of your fw version here.

Hi i am having the same issue , it was working perfectly on my galaxy 6 before firmware upgrade and yes i have tried reinstalling the app , tried different cables different device tab A , it is your firmware we need to be able to roll back to the previous working copy , for a 3grand machine this is pretty poor i expect it to work not to have to keep spending time with your customer support,who by the way by phone and online chat were as much use a chocolate fireguard , you need to get this sorted
2017-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules