RONIN-MX Capture Above and Beyond
3959 10 2016-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-CS
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Engineered for Professionals

Cinematic film making demands rapid setup and a host of camera configurations. The Ronin-MX has been designed to carry many of the cameras used every day on sets worldwide, and SmoothTrack algorithms ensure movements are smooth in every configuration. A repositioned battery improves balance while stability is enhanced by a camera cage that locks mounted cameras in place at the top and at the bottom. Silent motors prevent on set mics picking up motor noise.

Compatible Cameras

Powerful and Accurate

Designed to resist high G-forces using powerful motors and IMUs, the Ronin-MX is engineered to maintain stability and hold horizon when mounted to an aircraft or a vehicle. When mounted to the M600 aerial system, it communicates directly with DJI’s flight controller and when attached to vehicles, it connects to a GPS module allowing it to stabilize actively for a smoother shot.

Freedom to Move

A slip ring allows the Ronin-MX to rotate 360° continuously when mounted to aircraft or vehicles, opening up more creative options. This is further enhanced by an increase in tilt axis range from 90° straight down and beyond to 135°. Popular features of the Ronin series such as the three modes of operation and SmoothTrack™ are also present, giving film makers a range of creative angles and movements.

Wireless Control and Transmission

The Ronin MX is compatible with Lightbridge 2, providing long-range HD video transmission from the air to the ground from up to 3.1m (5Km) away. If combined with the DJI Focus and Focus Expansion Module, focus or aperture can also be pulled remotely with a twist of the wrist. An optional Remote Start/Stop add-on provides the ability to control shooting on a range of airborne cameras.

Comprehensive App Control

Using DJI Assistant and the dedicated Assistant app for iOS and Android allows complete customization of the Ronin-MX and its behavior. If connected to Lightbridge 2, the DJI GO app can be used to control how the M600 flies including Intelligent Flight Modes, remote control modes, move the gimbal and see an HD live feed from the camera.

Engineering

Refined BalanceA redesigned structure moves the Ronin-MX battery from the back to the front. This centers the weight of the camera, minimizing instability when flying directly forwards. It also dramatically increases the Ronin’s agility and ability to handle rapid movements or high-G situations.

Magnesium Construction
Built extensively of lightweight magnesium, the Ronin-MX weighs just 6.11lb (2.77Kg). This lightness allows it to be mounted to the M600 even when equipped with cameras as advanced as the RED EPIC, and to vehicles with a minimum impact on vehicle handling.

Power

Strengthened Motors and ESCs
A combination of stronger motors and ESCs makes the Ronin-MX 50% more powerful than the Ronin-M. This additional stiffness and power allows the system to better withstand wind resistance when mounted to moving vehicles and aircraft, as well as more rapid movements.

External Camera Battery
Cameras such as the RED EPIC need an external battery for power. A dedicated position designed for an optional battery plate provides an easy, cable free mounting point for a 2nd DJI Intelligent Battery. This provides two 12V P-tap power sources for powering cameras and accessories.

Intelligent Batteries
Intelligent Ronin-MX batteries are compact, light and offer a long battery life of 3 hours. Multiple batteries can be easily brought to set for a full day of filming. Over-charge and over-depletion protection is built in, as is individual cell charge balancing. Remaining power is shown by clear LEDs and in the DJI GO app.

Control

Remote Focus Control
The DJI Focus uses DJI’s expertise in brushless motors for previously unheard of levels of precision and accuracy. The brushless motor puts just ±0.02 of accuracy in the hand so that turning the remote is just like turning the lens itself. It also features high torque and a fast reaction speed so that subjects can be kept in focus no matter how they move. When upgraded with a Focus Expansion Module, the Focus can control aperture or focus across Lightbridge 2’s 3.1mi (5km) range.

Precision Solo Camera Control
Simple to set up and use, the DJI Ronin Wireless Thumb Controller makes controlling the Ronin-MX easy and intuitive, enabling the capture of shots that would be otherwise impossible for a single operator.

2nd Operator Control

A wireless 2.4GHz remote controller is included with the Ronin-MX enabling a 2nd operator to remotely control pan, tilt, roll, and other functions. By using the optional Lightbridge 2 Remote Controller, you have long range control of the Ronin-MX up to 3.1 miles (5km).

More

Fast, Precise Balancing
Save time and start shooting professionally stabilized video in under five minutes. Mount your camera to the Ronin-M, quickly balance it, and then tap a button. The upgraded ATS (Auto Tune Stability) technology is more precise than before and completes the tuning and balancing processes with no tools necessary.

Cinematic Smoothness
Even with only one operator, SmoothTrack™ technology ensures the Ronin-M translates movements into smooth camera angle changes. SmoothTrack™ settings from speed to deadband to acceleration are fully customizable. A ‘Single Axis Follow Mode’ enables two axis to be locked while SmoothTrack™ guides the camera along only one axis of motion.

Flexible Modes of Operation
Three modes of operation, found on all Ronin series products, make the Ronin-MX a powerfully flexible camera stabilization system. Underslung Mode is the most common shooting mode, with the Ronin-MX held in front of the user. Upright reverses Underslung Mode and puts the camera higher up making it ideal for raised shots above people or through sunroofs. Briefcase Mode makes it a narrow platform that fits easily through narrow hallways and doors.

Built-In Power Distribution
A dedicated power distribution box keeps wiring to a minimum while providing power to essential accessories. Two regulated 12V P-taps, one 500mAh full-size USB connector, and a DJI Lightbridge connector enable connectivity and power to everything a film maker needs.

Universal Mounting
Mount the Ronin-MX to aircraft easily using a specially designed mounting plate. A separate universal Quick Release system that doubles as a vibration dampening system allows the Ronin-MX to be connected to everything from jib to tripod and anything in between. This plate isolates the Ronin-MX from unwanted vibrations coming from the platforms it is mounted to, and makes it usable everywhere.

Short Range Wireless Transmission
On the ground, the SRW-60G* allows film makers to see the image from the camera without running cables up the Ronin-MX. In the air, it sends the camera’s feed from the camera direct to Lightbridge 2 allowing it to stream this image down to the pilot and cinematographer.

*SRW-60G is not permitted for use on aerial platforms in the North America.

2016-4-17
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

wish i waited before i bought the Ronin-m
2016-4-17
Use props
ant.lagarde
lvl.1

France

Hi, Any news on compatibility with the A2?
2016-4-18
Use props
nicholas_wheele
New

United Kingdom

Does this come with a case? Remote controller? Balancing arms for initial setup?
2016-4-19
Use props
antdrones
lvl.2
Spain

Is confirmed that Ronin-MX is compatible with S1000+ + A3 + Lightbridge 2???, because is so crazy 6 batteries to works in Matrice 600, i can imagine with 42 batteries per a day in my work.
2016-4-19
Use props
Boe4Real
New

United States

I am thinking about getting a Ronin stabilizer; however, I don't know which one I should buy. I don't see the big difference between the M and MX. I know the MX is for both and ground work. I like the Ronin M because  it does not have a upper mounting plate. I know that the upper mounting plate is more for the M600 attachment. Also, I noticed that the ronin m has a lot of issues that DJI need to fix.
2016-6-11
Use props
JohnnyPaulick
New

Denmark

The Ronin -MX Remix I have been waiting for. Has an S1000 + A2 + Lightbrige 2 .. Can only find it on a matric 600..når you look Youtube. And now I otherwise just purchased Dji S1000 + a month ago . Could it not also be made so that it can be put on a S1000 + ??
2016-6-20
Use props
danielgarate77.
lvl.1
  • >>>
Peru

JohnnyPaulick Posted at 2016-6-20 09:54
Den Ronin -MX Remix har forventet, mænd JEG har en S1000 + A2 + Lightbrige 2.. Kan not sættes in t ...

hi,

the ronin mx is  compatible with the lightbridge 2,  are we gonna be able to use the LB2 to control pan and tilt on the ronin? and can we transmit the video from any camera ? connecting into the hdmi port,.... is that posible?
2016-7-5
Use props
JohnnyPaulick
New

Denmark

danielgarate77. Sendt på 2016/07/06 01:55
hej, det Ronin mx er kompatibel med Lightbridge 2, skal vi være i stand til at bruge LB2 til ...

So I can use Ronni mx at S1000 + A2 . ?? Have Ligbrige 2!
2016-7-8
Use props
anand.chinmay.m
lvl.1

India

Can i used DJI ronin M thumb controller with DJI ronin MX ??  If yes the how ??
2016-8-23
Use props
Fotopiloot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1032070 ft
Martinique

Hello

I would like to see RSS cables for Nikon. In the manual of Ronin MX is stated that Nikon D800 is supported but there is no RSS cable available. Are there any cables outhere that we know of wich will work with the star stop remote and the Nikon camera's
2016-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules