DJI Store: http://goo.gl/eufdFu
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for the post!

Hello, everyone!
If you have any comment, please follow us and we'll be appreciated to receive any feedback from you!
2016-4-18
Use props
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Sadly , it's all becoming clear .

Many of us on here who are flying the flagship professional kit , or so we thought , have been ' out flagged ' by the release of the new Matrice 600.

Everything on it is what we have all been asking about for some time .

I'm actually quite angry and upset as i write this , feeling let down by DJI , and i'm sure i won't be the only one .

Please tell me what is the fundamental difference between the M600 and the S900 .

Have A2 set up on my S900 , is the A2 upgradeable to A3 ?

Will the new range of gimbals fit the S900 ?

DJI Go app for S900 ?

The list goes on .

Seemingly spent thousands of pounds on something that is now redundant .

Some considerartion would be appreciated , to all the people ,
who  in essence , have paid your wages at DJI , funded your Research and development and allowed you to grow and evolve .

Response please .

Thank you
2016-4-18
Use props
mattd
lvl.3

Australia

nomad65 Posted at 2016-4-18 20:54
Sadly , it's all becoming clear .

Many of us on here who are flying the flagship professional kit  ...

If you buy a car, do you get upset the next year when they release a new model? Do you get upset when you lose 10.000 driving it out of the car yard?

This is exactly like DJI. They release new products and the old ones become old.

Sorry to say this is just how technology works, same with computers - it will be obselete within 6 to 12 months. I bought a graphics card at $1000 6 months later its down to $600 and 12 months its in around $400.
2016-4-18
Use props
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Sorry , my antipodean brother but it would seem you have missed my point completely .

Fully aware how things progress and develop , collectively we fund DJI to evolve .

Knowing full well that anything we buy is obsolete before it even hits the shelves , is also a given .

My point being , would it not be benificial to all concerned that there is compatability between older and newer products , therefore combining the best of all worlds .

Just saying .
2016-4-19
Use props
adambussey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

nomad65 Posted at 2016-4-19 11:22
Sorry , my antipodean brother but it would seem you have missed my point completely .

Fully aware h ...

the A3 and ronin MX can be fitted to the S1000 frame
2016-4-19
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

I think I'm going to set up a website called 'HowDJIShouldRunTheirCompany.com. Quite sure it would get a ton of traffic.
2016-5-2
Use props
evandro
lvl.2

Hi, which the charging time of the six batterys on the Hub?
2016-5-6
Use props
Hi,
the SD900 and M600 are clearly not the same machines...
M600 has 6061 motors with 21 inches props, S900 has either 4114 pro motors with 5 inches or E1200 with 17's.
M600 is rated for almost 6kg payload. So it's clearly not in the same range as S900 and S1000...
And if you look at the manual on the DJI website of the M600 you can see that the landing gears are the same ones ( mechanism / intelligent landing gear module) as on the S900 and S1000, and A3 has standard ESC PWM outputs.
A3 is fully compatible with S900 and S1000, just need to install it on the machine i guess....
There is a fundamental difference between old motors / esc and new ones, the new ones use sine wave ( field oriented control) which give a higher efficiency. DJI sell the kits for S900 since a while now ( E1200 upgrade) and the motors in the M600 are using same technology and are available as E2000 upgrade kits and standalone units..
The M600 is simply a frame with all the latest available things integrated : A3, Lightbridge 2 and E2000 size motors  controllers.
I hate the way things are moving so fast in this industry but it's not faster than computers or anything "new technology" and this is the only way for DJI to keep an advance lead on competition.
Now regarding the battery systems, with upcoming IATA severe rules for batteries transportation, this is a good alternative to have 6 x batteries less than 100 W/h you can transport.
If you operate only "local" with your machine, nothing prevents you to use the A3 with standard batteries...
I too i wish things would be a bit more " durable" in time but well this is the way it is and oh well we all have to deal with this..
best regards,
fabien
2016-5-7
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

fabien@e-copter Posted at 2016-5-8 03:53
Hi,
M600 has 6061 motors with 21 inches pro ...

What do you mean with "nothing prevents you to use the A3 with standard batteries"...?
Can you define "Standard batteries"...? Regarding my Information it is even NOT possible to use the batteries of the M100 Just for Software reason...
2016-5-7
Use props
Heliflo Posted at 2016-5-8 15:45
What do you mean with "nothing prevents you to use the A3 with standard batteries"...?
Can you def ...

HI,
The A3 flight controller can be used either with DJI Intelligent batteries ( this is the case in the M600), either with power from 3S to 12S standard lipo batteries.
There is a intelligent battery connector on the side fo the A3 if you wish to use DJI Intelligent batteries, this allows to monitor batteries levels, cycles, charge...
So either you use a dedicated platform like the M600 and have to use Intelligent batteries, either you use the A3 on a S900, S1000 or any other frame and you can still use 3S to 12S standard lipo batteries to power the PMU which powers the A3. In that case you will have just the total voltage information on the DJI GO app ( if you use the light bridge 2) or the Datalink Pro if i do not mistake.
It would make sense that the M600 A3 firmware might be slightly different than the standalone A3 firmware exactly as the Naza V2 standalone and te Naza Phantom firmware.
From the screenshots on DJI's website you can see the A3 setup pictures in the DJI Assistant (i did not notice this detail before i admit).
So , yes, it's possible to use a A3 standalone controller with standard LIpo Batteries. And this makes total sense as if not, then it would not be possible to upgrade any flying platform such as S900 / S1000 with a A3 controller.
I can't wait to test it to see if improvement has ben done i particular on the X8 configurations ))Now, the question is, can you use M100 batteries in a M600 or not, that i do not know. Regarding other DJI Inteligent batteries (M100, Phantom..) i d onot know if they will be supported in one or another way by the standalone A3 ?
Best regards,
Fabien
2016-5-8
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

fabien@e-copter Posted at 2016-5-8 14:54
HI,
The A3 flight controller can be used either with DJI Intelligent batteries ( this is the case i ...

Wow, thank you for your Explanation - this makes really sense...
Cheers Florian
2016-5-8
Use props
Heliflo Posted at 2016-5-9 02:10
Wow, thank you for your Explanation - this makes really sense...
Cheers Florian

HI,

you are welcome. I just noticed that only the intelligent batteries with a "S" mention ( TB47S and TB48S) can be used with the intelligent battery interface of the A3.
The only thing i do not know is, does the A3 has a specific firmware on the M600 that prevent it to be used with standard batteries ( i know that some customers will ask me for that modification.. lol).
Best regards,
Fabien
2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fabien@e-copter Posted at 2016-5-8 09:53
Hi,
M600 has 6061 motors with 21 inches pro ...

You cannot use a different battery setup on the M600.
As far as different firmware, yes the A3 in the M600 cannot be used for any other aircraft, it is optimized and programmed ONLY for the M600. In the Assistant2 software you only have a few options like GPS positioning.
The landing gear modules are not the same as the S900/S1000. The M600 has the Lightbridge antennas built into the legs and the top of the module leg bracket is hollow (for the antenna wire) whereas the S900/S100 is not hollow.
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-9 22:31
You cannot use a different battery setup on the M600.
As far as different firmware, yes the A3 in t ...

Hi Ken,

thanks for your input,

What i meant about the landing gears is that the system dimensions ( the Retract base with servos) is the same dimensions as the S900 / S1000, of course legs and top tube support are different for the antenna.

By the way, the antennas connection NEED to have a small piece of heatschrink installed once the connectors are fit together in order to secure them against getting loosen / disconnected.

Another thing is that maybe it would be good to add a small note in the manual so that people take a lot of care when routing the wires of ESC's through the frames / before the alu wire guide, because they go very close to the intelligent battery PCB small wires and not taking enough care can damage them.

Thanks again for the input,

Fabien
2016-5-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

fabien@e-copter Posted at 2016-5-22 03:11
Hi Ken,

thanks for your input,

Sounds like you got one
Good suggestion on the heat shrink for the antenna connection but I feel it takes a bit of force to unhook it so I don't think it would ever disconnect by accident. But since it's only a one time connection it can't hurt at all for added security. And yes, the routing of the wires you have to be very careful and don't remove the tape until it is all fed through.
2016-5-21
Use props
fabien
lvl.2

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-21 23:29
Sounds like you got one
Good suggestion on the heat shrink for the antenna connection but I fee ...

I wish i had one  
There are many pictures on the private group on FB + tons of useful pictures and informations in the manual.Regarding the antenna connections, due to their routing, accordingly to the manual, they are going throught the retracts and they are located in an exposed area. I guess DJI have left enough clearance in the wires lenght, but these connectors are very, very small and these types of connectors are very safe but do not like to be pulled as the core can be pulled out fro the pin inside the connector itself. Adding a piece of self gluing heatschrink around connectors + 5mm each side of the cables would be, i think, a good "safety", but its only a personal point of view.
I would have added black nylon braid on the landing gears servo cables as it looks better on one hand, and gives better protections agains UV rays in sun light for the PVC braid of the servo wires.
Also, for landing gears, i would have used securing connectors with the small clips ( i'll take pictures of what i use for my own systems) with colour scheme or printed heatschrink to avoid any musinderstanding during assembly and safer connections.
BEst regards,
Fabien

2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

fabien@e-copter Posted at 2016-5-24 06:34
I wish i had one  
There are many pictures on the private group on FB + tons of useful pictures a ...

sounds good.
2016-5-23
Use props
DroneMediaImagi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well got my m600 and didn't work! Dead on arrival with ESC Error or death... Have to send in for repair lol hasn't even flown yet, motors haven't turned once! So hang onto you s900 for a while yet....
2016-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules