Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lightbridge 2 and gimbals...
6969 11 2016-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hi all

I have two of my 'own build' drones and currently use Lightbridge 1 and H4-4d gimbal s on both.

I really want to use the Lightbridge 2, but it doesnt seem to be compatable with the H3-3d or h4-3d gimbals? (please confirm)

Im trying to figure out a way to be able to use it?

What about if I used a different 3rd party gimbal such as the FeiyuTech gimabl for GoPro? I dont want to move away from the Zenmuse but DJI are giving me no option.

PS Im using the NazaV2 FC and the A2 FC

Thanks in advance

Doug
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
Unfortunately, DJI Lightbridge 2 is not compatible with Naza V2 and the H3-SD/H4-3D Gimbal. If you use the Ground Station of Lightbright 2 with a 3rd party Gimbal, you may only control the Pitch of the Gimbal.
2016-4-18
Use props
Thanks for the reply - what about the A2 flight controller and a 3rd party gimbal? If I use the A2's built in receiver and a Futaba TX.

Can I then use lightbrige 2 ?
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

doug@pixelinter Posted at 2016-4-19 15:11
Thanks for the reply - what about the A2 flight controller and a 3rd party gimbal? If I use the A2's ...

No.
The Remote Controller is now integrated into the Ground System, the integrated Ground system doesn't work with 3rd party Air system. With the A2 FC and a 3rd party gimbal, you can only control the pitch axis with the RC of Lightbridge 2.
2016-4-19
Use props
DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-19 16:00
No.
The Remote Controller is now integrated into the Ground System, the integrated Ground system d ...

just controlling the pitch access would be fine. (what else would I need?)

So it CAN be used with the A2 and a 3rd part gimbal?

Please clarify.

Doug
2016-4-19
Use props
paulsterbentz
New
Flight distance : 20033 ft
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-19 01:00
No.
The Remote Controller is now integrated into the Ground System, the integrated Ground system d ...

Adela,

PWM ports on front of my A3 do not output anything as far as I can tell.  
I'm going through ASSISTANT2, TOOLS, FUNCTION CHANNELS to configure.
Do you guys have these ports live yet??
Like doug, I would like to control pitch on a third party gimbal through one of the ports 1 thru 8

Paul
2016-6-15
Use props
paulsterbentz
New
United States

doug@pixelinter Posted at 2016-4-19 11:43
just controlling the pitch access would be fine. (what else would I need?)

So it CAN be used with ...

Also, forgot to mention, I have LB2 connected via DBus to CAN1 and Gimbal Port to CAN2 of A3
2016-6-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>

Can you show us a picture of your set up.  Gimbal port to Can 2?  DBus to Can1?
2016-6-15
Use props
paulsterbentz
New
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-6-15 11:59
Can you show us a picture of your set up.  Gimbal port to Can 2?  DBus to Can1?

I do get a slight pitch tilt downward when F2 is coupled with D1 thru 4 in Assistant 2 but no direct control with any of the dials or switches.  
Non of the PWM outputs 1 thru 8 will drive a common finder HK Discovery buzzer.
Also not directly related but let your guys know to put this on the list - Hero4 blanks out HD fpv when set to record.  Hero3 does not.

F2 PWM Pitch Plugged In

F2 PWM Pitch Plugged In

LB2 Gimbal Port To Can 2 On A3

LB2 Gimbal Port To Can 2 On A3

LB2 To RFI Port

LB2 To RFI Port

Gimbal End - Pitch PWM Wire Plugged Into Storm32

Gimbal End - Pitch PWM Wire Plugged Into Storm32
2016-6-15
Use props
paulsterbentz
New
United States

I'm reading on RC Groups that PWM 1 thru 8 is not implemented on the A3 and there is no timeline for it.  This precludes any mapping to pitch function on a third party gimbal until DJI gets around to it.  From past experience this could be anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 years (not kidding).  
2016-6-16
Use props
Ko2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88953 ft
Turkey

Hi, I want to connect my h4-3d to m600 and I don't mind just controlling the pitch.
How can I do this setup?
2016-11-22
Use props
FST_TW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 315974 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

Hi, I want to connect N3 + LB2 to control my cable cam as it seems that LB2 has better signal than any other branded radio in the market.  I am now in the middle of no where.  I can power up both N3 + LB2 and give signal to ESC to control motor on Cable cam.  However, the motor can only spin toward one direction and I can not control the motor to stop or direction reversed.   Can anyone help?
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules