Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go App wishlist for next update
886 12 2016-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fiftypence
lvl.1

Falkland Islands

Is there a wishlist of desired features for the next app update?  If not I will kick things off:
  • Please show HD and RC signal strength in flight log.
  • Please allow option to shoot photos at x second intervals whilst recording video.

DJI please consider these for your next app update.

2016-4-18
Use props
gtokarsk
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

• Still while in video mode would be nice, by pressing the photo button or by timer, but often such actions in real world snap only video quality picture, or pause video, take photo, continue, it would be interesting to see what DJI can accomplish. A full res photo would be cool.
  • I would definitely like more info on the screen or at least in the logs, about signal strength and issues.. at this point I depend more on healthy drones, and DJI does not always agree with them...
  • I do not see anything on the display that would tell me if the gimbal is in FPV or the standard mode, would be nice.
  • Going back to "auto mode" in either video or photo camera, after there were changes made to settings (iso, ev, whatever) is not as obvious as I believe it should. It should be one button "back to auto", or a toggle "auto/last setting".
  • A pull out tab with preflight and other checklists, that can actually be checked off and recorded with the logs.
  • Incorporate waypoints and such into the app.
  • If the drone is landed further than say 200 ft from the take off site, a dialog allowing to have an email sent back with exact gps coordinates if the location.
  • In case of an emergency landing, even if signal is lost, not sure if possible, but it would be nice to get an email with either last known position, or last position, and heading, speed?
  • Get rid of the RTH "land immediately if withing 20meters of home.." if I want to land immediately, i will press land option on the app, if I press RTH, i really want RTH - as close to the H as possible.

How abbout that for starters?
I do like an idea of a "feature request" post.. let's hope more people chime in....

Thx for starting this.
GT
2016-4-28
Use props
ArtistFirst
Second Officer
Flight distance : 986716 ft

Id like it to work, well.
2016-4-28
Use props
Domenico Panace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34751 ft
Italy

I'd like to see advanced feature for waypoint mode (as in Autopilot), for example curved flight paths with support to bezier curves!
2016-4-29
Use props
bfd300
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

I would like signal strength in percentages rather than bars.
2016-4-29
Use props
RemusE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1145869 ft
Sweden

I would like to make it work with my Huawei Honor 6 with Android 5.1.1. Since the last update I get No Sginal/Disconnected from my phone.
2016-4-29
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Battery percentage, and stop hiding menus!
2016-4-29
Use props
0mGGhMTKTk2U
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1797516 ft
United States

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-28 23:16
  • Still while in video mode would be nice, by pressing the photo button or by timer, but often such actions in real world snap only video quality picture, or pause video, take photo, continue, it would be interesting to see what DJI can accomplish. A full res photo would be cool.
  • I would definitely like more info on the screen or at least in the logs, about signal strength and issues.. at this point I depend more on healthy drones, and DJI does not always agree with them...
  • I do not see anything on the display that would tell me if the gimbal is in FPV or the standard mode, would be nice.

• Great list of enhancements!

I would add -
    - Flight Log Notes -- I would like to be able to save general comments re a given flight
    - Flight Log Weather Stats - I would like to see the Go App capture and store either weather stats at the time of take-off or even better, real-time weather stats (temp, wind speed, wind direction, humidity)... Note that this information doesn't need to be captured in real-time if challenging but could be merged after the fact (similar to how Sporttracks does).
    2016-12-19
    Use props
    Kyokushin
    Captain
    Flight distance : 296381 ft
    Poland

- VR/cardboard support.
    2016-12-19
    Use props
    Phantomski
    Captain
    Flight distance : 14869882 ft
    United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-12-19 06:15
    - VR/cardboard support.

Would be nice to somehow reconcile it with the "line of sight" requirement in the US.. I guess a spotter would be needed to be legal.. still an ability to do this would be nice... Next step, camera control with head movement? Nah, that would be just too weird!
    2016-12-19
    Use props
    Kyokushin
    Captain
    Flight distance : 296381 ft
    Poland

Phantomski Posted at 2016-12-19 18:23
    Would be nice to somehow reconcile it with the "line of sight" requirement in the US.. I guess a spotter would be needed to be legal.. still an ability to do this would be nice... Next step, camera control with head movement?  Nah, that would be just too weird!

Then in US someone do not need to use it or get BVLOS licence. In other countries EVLOS or BVLOS flights are allowed with a spotter, with dedicated flight zone, or with a licence.
    2016-12-31
    Use props
    fansa84fe8a4
    First Officer
    Flight distance : 3 ft
    United States

Please fix the Altitude section so it reports something reasonable, and not off by -50 feet on landing in the same spot where take-off was perfect at zero.  Maybe try for at least 6 feet in accuracy so some auto flying app doesn't fly it into a tree that it should have cleared.

2016-12-31
    Use props
    Palladous
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 102185 ft
    United States

maps ....  maPS ..... MAPS!!!!!
    2016-12-31
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules