Remote Controller Won't Charge
76401 245 2016-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BamaPilot
New
United States

I have the same problem, bought my dji phantom 4 yesterday brand new. I flew it once and my controller wont charge. called dji today waiting on a shipping label to send it in for a repair.
2017-7-5
Use props
AirMazing
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6880 ft
United States

I am experiencing this issue....RIGHT after upgrading to latest controller Firmware...
2017-7-29
Use props
fans1a42999a
lvl.1
United States

DJI does not read the forums?
2017-8-16
Use props
fansd3436bb3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661332 ft
Australia

gevpool@hotmail Posted at 2016-4-19 08:42
Just as I expected, being told that I needed to ship my brand new remote controller that I received yesterday in the mail back to DJI for repairs or replacement, that I should receive back in the next couple of weeks. So much for customer service and just sending out a new controller and refurbishing the poorly manufactured one they produced. Regretting my purchase already.

Yeah its BS I sent mine back to china from Australia  it took 6 months  to get a controller back that wasn't even the one I sent away to be fixed and has the same problem, if not worse, there should be a recall on these controllers
2017-8-18
Use props
NKTA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61512 ft
Vietnam

I saw this clip on youtube. Who can help me?

2017-8-22
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136463 ft
Brazil

I'm experiencing the same problem!! Now, besides my aircraft fall: https://forum.dji.com/thread-100547-1-1.html not solved yet! I have to send also the remote for warranty! What a bad luck with my first DJI!
2017-8-28
Use props
fans0589ab33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656703 ft
United States

NKTA Posted at 2017-8-22 04:10
I saw this clip on youtube. Who can help me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNcH9qSWPDk

From another forum it looks like the reason why these controllers are failing is because of some poor soldering. The volts was low to start and after a resolder he was able to get 8 volts. I didnt see him replace anything. Just solder.

The firmware may of changed something causing that area to fail. Not all controllers are affected. Like the Phantom 4 firmware issues only certain hardware builds are affected which means depending on the date the controller was assembled and manufactured are affected.

If DJI was smart enough they would of kept hardware builds of each controller to cross test against the issues.

All companies had experience these issues from time to time. Canon had issues with certain build of their 24-105mm lens. They cross referenced the build by serial number and sent a free repair recall for those affected lens. IT happens to cameras, motherboards, and such. ITs just that DJI is not admitting this simple failure for this controller.  All they need to do is cross reference the serial numbers with the affected controllers. Same goes for the Phantom 4. Cross reference the affected P4 and fix them. Its not all P4 are affected. Just a batch.
2017-8-29
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

fans0589ab33 Posted at 2017-8-29 08:50
From another forum it looks like the reason why these controllers are failing is because of some poor soldering. The volts was low to start and after a resolder he was able to get 8 volts. I didnt see him replace anything. Just solder.

The firmware may of changed something causing that area to fail. Not all controllers are affected. Like the Phantom 4 firmware issues only certain hardware builds are affected which means depending on the date the controller was assembled and manufactured are affected.

I think Nikon had some issue once where they published an online list of the serials with affected issues in their upper-end DSLR cameras though, but you had to go to their site and look which most never do.  I've never gotten a card from Nikon.

2017-8-29
Use props
Leelobran
New
Brazil

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-8-29 09:11
I think Nikon had some issue once where they published an online list of the serials with affected issues in their upper-end DSLR cameras though, but you had to go to their site and look which most never do.  I've never gotten a card from Nikon.

Same problem spoken to several people from DJI no one can help, today I was told to contact China to get the remote fixed... WTH!?
2017-9-1
Use props
fans63c57f70
New
Pakistan

I have DJI phantom 4 pro I hardly would have flew it for eight or nine  times today after two or three days I plugged my Remote controller for charging and it's not charging at all after few days I have to record a documentary film and I am clueless about it and my whole business is at stake so if anyone can help me
2017-9-2
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

fans63c57f70 Posted at 2017-9-2 07:06
I have DJI phantom 4 pro I hardly would have flew it for eight or nine  times today after two or three days I plugged my Remote controller for charging and it's not charging at all after few days I have to record a documentary film and I am clueless about it and my whole business is at stake so if anyone can help me

I think your only fast option is going to buy another controller from someone who has it in stock.  You will be weeks in getting the DJI Service one fixed otherwise.  Pays to have a backup with this stuff.
2017-9-2
Use props
fans63c57f70
New
Pakistan

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-2 07:19
I think your only fast option is going to buy another controller from someone who has it in stock.  You will be weeks in getting the DJI Service one fixed otherwise.  Pays to have a backup with this stuff.

Well the region I live in I don't know the exact retailer for supporting or after sale services. I am in deep problem I guess I don't know why I was going to buy a new one from DJI mavic line I guess I have to change my decision after investing so much in to a drone of DJI switching over from DJI will be decision to make
2017-9-3
Use props
Burt6265
New

United States

I am having same problem.  This appears to be a common problem I am frustrated since I already had a gimball problem I can already see send it in wait and pay us more cash   
2017-9-7
Use props
deansreef
New

United States

This is a class action suit in the works
2017-10-3
Use props
Rick70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4783 ft
United States

Same problem here. Reading so many complaints about this makes me wonder did the government just shut us drone pilots down? There seems to be no known cause for this and DJI is of no help whatsoever...
2017-10-3
Use props
CycloneDrones
lvl.1
United States

I am at a loss as well.  Prior to the RC firmware update V1.9.2 back in early July 2017, it would run for hours without recharge.  I went through more aircraft batteries on one charge.  Since 1.9.2 update, RC charges only to 41% (two bars/LED lights); which is 41 minutes of flight time.  Recently, updated RC firmware to 1.9.3 with the hope (and prayer), DJI would have remedied the situation.  Now, the remote charges to 41% with flight time of only 19 minutes.  Is DJI serious about their customer service or RC issues?  Please don't insult me with telling me or others to properly plug in the charging cord.  I watch the LED lights rapid fire left to right only to two indicator lights.  Another colleague indicated a person cannot downgrade from V1.9.2.  With my P3P involved in a crash, wondering if I can use that remote on P4?  Thoughts?  Is it possible to purchase a new P4 RC then integrate it with aircraft?  Thanks for your time, assistance, and reading another P.O. pilot.  Steve from USA.
2017-10-3
Use props
lorenzomoscia
New

Italy

Hi everyone,
just buy today a 2000 euros Phantom pro plus; unbox and the control want charge at all. Nothing, no blinking lights. I did charge the drone battery but the control no way. It did tunr it on and it say me that I have 2 dots. But with the cable in it will not do anything. SAD
2017-10-6
Use props
fansc95f5426
New

United States

im haveing the same problem my dji phatom 4 controller will not get past one dot of a full charge it was been charging for about 3 weeks now and when ever i try to download the next firmware update it only lasts 2 mins at best please help?! is their anywhere i can sent it to?
2017-10-12
Use props
rainer1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 593343 ft
United States

fansc95f5426 Posted at 2017-10-12 14:56
im haveing the same problem my dji phatom 4 controller will not get past one dot of a full charge it was been charging for about 3 weeks now and when ever i try to download the next firmware update it only lasts 2 mins at best please help?! is their anywhere i can sent it to?

Same here.

Rc wont  charge anymore.

What a disappointment,
DJI. What is going on?

I only used it for 47 flights and charged the remote maybe 5 times. If even so many times.

What is going on???  

Come on DJI help us out here

2017-10-12
Use props
Kelso88
lvl.1

Canada

My RC was working fine then went to charge it last night and it just blinks for a few seconds then goes off. Only 1 white light blinks. Its not even a year old and had very few flights!
2017-10-14
Use props
fansc95f5426
New

United States

ya kelso88 same thing happed to me
2017-10-14
Use props
Rick70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4783 ft
United States

I bought a RC for my P4 that was used on a P3P and it actually works. It was the same model GL300C and is almost identical to the one that came with my drone. DJI product support sucks big time. They could care less. I think the problem is in the balance circuit that’s built in the battery pack. This is gonna cost DJI a lot and they know it. I hope you all can get things worked out. These drones are too expensive to be having problems. Everyone is sold out of the P4 controllers...wonder why?
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Kelso88 Posted at 2017-10-14 07:38
My RC was working fine then went to charge it last night and it just blinks for a few seconds then goes off. Only 1 white light blinks. Its not even a year old and had very few flights!

Sorry for this, have you contacted the Support to start a case? I would recommend you send it in for diagnosis and repair, it will be covered by warranty if it's product malfunction and within warranty period.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansc95f5426 Posted at 2017-10-12 14:56

Hi, there, please contact the Support to start a case, then send it to DJI for diagnosis. Here is a link of DJI Support for your reference. http://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

rainer1 Posted at 2017-10-12 20:06
Same here.

Rc wont  charge anymore.

What is the light status of the RC when it is charging? Is it the same of others? If yes, please contact the Support to start a case.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

lorenzomoscia Posted at 2017-10-6 10:41
Hi everyone,
just buy today a 2000 euros Phantom pro plus; unbox and the control want charge at all. Nothing, no blinking lights. I did charge the drone battery but the control no way. It did tunr it on and it say me that I have 2 dots. But with the cable in it will not do anything. SAD

Sorry to hear that, have you got the RC resolved? If not, please provide me a short video about the issue? I'd like to help.
2017-10-16
Use props
Kelso88
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-16 00:53
Sorry for this, have you contacted the Support to start a case? I would recommend you send it in for diagnosis and repair, it will be covered by warranty if it's product malfunction and within warranty period.

I'm in the middle of it. But don't have proof of purchase(it was bought for me)and it happened after the firmware update. Battery was around half or more then after restarting the remote it beeped low battery. Then when I put it on the charger the lights just blink for a few seconds and stop. The drone was activated in January this year. It's been flown so little to its such a shame.
2017-10-17
Use props
fansbe055dad
lvl.1
United States

I had the samE problem had to send it in for replacement. Only solution. Took 6 weeks to get it back!
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Kelso88 Posted at 2017-10-17 13:20
I'm in the middle of it. But don't have proof of purchase(it was bought for me)and it happened after the firmware update. Battery was around half or more then after restarting the remote it beeped low battery. Then when I put it on the charger the lights just blink for a few seconds and stop. The drone was activated in January this year. It's been flown so little to its such a shame.

Could you please provide me with your case number so I can look into it? Besides, it will be better if you can find the receipt of the drone.
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansbe055dad Posted at 2017-10-18 17:15
I had the samE problem had to send it in for replacement. Only solution. Took 6 weeks to get it back!

Sorry for this, we will learn from it and keep improving to speed up the repair and replace processes.
2017-10-19
Use props
zilla
lvl.2

United States

fans50b8c0a7 Posted at 2017-2-8 20:29
Hay G'day , I checked my controller the other day I charged to full lights turned off but it read 80% charge with only 3 lights when illuminated when I pushed the button to check charge  I have only 3 lights blinking when charging , left it on charge over night then turned every thing on connected to Dji go app it then read 61% charge. This is after 101 flights

controller is toast. send it in. we had to do the same thing.
2017-10-20
Use props
zilla
lvl.2

United States

Driller35 Posted at 2017-2-8 22:06
Yours sounds like what mine was doing, sent in for repair in Dec . Comes back and after a couple of times of recharging back to the same, Have resent in for repair , its like they have a mind of there own as charge showing 63% and leave plugged in charging and check a few hours later now at 51% which i belive is a false reading as well , cannot fly thru one bird battery and i am getting low RC battery warning, its now day number 5 in there hands and no movement according to Case Detail inquiry,

It takes a while. Be patient. Progress will happen.
2017-10-20
Use props
Kelso88
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-19 23:43
Sorry for this, we will learn from it and keep improving to speed up the repair and replace processes.

My case number is CAS-1115383-V4Y6C0.
It was bought as a gift and they do not have a receipt. But the drone was acticated this January if that helps.
2017-10-23
Use props
Driller35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

Zilla i,m on RC number three already , the third one working excellent so far
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Kelso88 Posted at 2017-10-23 05:16
My case number is CAS-1115383-V4Y6C0.
It was bought as a gift and they do not have a receipt. But the drone was acticated this January if that helps.

Just checked your case, the RC is still in transit, we'll take care of it after it arrives. 1.png
2017-10-24
Use props
Duckster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 866867 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-24 02:19
Just checked your case, the RC is still in transit, we'll take care of it after it arrives. [view_image]

Another DJI success s story. After having encountered the same problem, ie, controller only charging  to 50-60%, decided to call the Australian support number and  realised I was put through to support in China. After I explained the problem, it was suggested that I down graded the firmware to 1.5.?  and  then subsequently upgrade  to latest firmware.
Well, firmware was downgraded OK, however, only managed to upgrade to 16.0.? and it all came to a grinding halt.  Long story, short answer, I bricked the controller and is now on it's way, including the Phantom to the Melbourne Repair Centre.  I am pretty cheesed off with myself, should have ignored the support suggestion and I would still be able to fly my bird, Not a happy camper.
2017-10-24
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

P4 controller not charging  I have had my drone now for 10 months. I have had nothing but successful flights since pulling it out of the box back in late Nov 2016.  I have always checked this forum for issues that may arise. I noticed a lot of issues with the P4 controller not charging? I have watched this since the summer and now it has happened to me?  After upgrading and then downgraded versions I have gotten no where. Controller will not charge at all, I have tried again and again to charge it throughout the day and night and I get nothing. Once I unplug the controller it goes to the beep noise alerting now power.  I have decided to post my experience with dji for a replacement controller. I contacted their customer service via phone and was told there is nothing that can be done after waiting for hours for a rep to pick up??? TERRIBLE!!! I then decided to go on a chat with technical support, more attention to my issue was given by the rep than the customer service number. As stated before it's less than a year old and warranty was verified by dji. I explained what my controller was doing and what steps I took to try to fix it, with the info I have gathered from this forum and YouTube videos. Something must have happened with the firmware update???  The one thing that we all need to know is that these nits were made in CHINA. The replacement units are also from CHINA. It is a shame that with all our technology here in the US, we have to import these from China. These units cost quit a bit, and immediate replacements should be the key. They should be shipping these replacements immediately without having to wait for the damaged goods to arrive before shipping out replacements??? Seeing as dji know these units are faulty, why are these issues handled this way? Once warranty has been verified a replacement should be shipped ASAP??????  So I am waiting for the email from dji, I was told I should receive it with 24-48 hours which started at about 3pm on October 24, 2017. Once received I should be able to ship my unit back (return postage was promised by dji). Within 5-10 business days my replacement should shipped back to me.  I live in the north east, and its leaf changing season. To be without the drone for 3 weeks is not RIGHT! A lot of my money was spent in confidence on this expensive unit to have to wait for a controller for 3 or more weeks?????  My goal is to post a timeline for all to see, and I am sure it will help someone.   If anyone is having controller issues call dji right away before your warranty has passed.  If anyone knows what else I should do please let me know. My goal is to expose these issues out front as again this is not a 5 dollar unit?????  https://phantompilots.com/index.php?posts/1278308/
2017-10-25
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-117460-1-1.html
2017-10-25
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DeeD Posted at 2017-10-25 14:25
https://forum.dji.com/thread-117460-1-1.html

So far here is where I am. Used the on line  chat tech support. I was issued a case number and was told that iwould receive an email within 24-48 hours. I am about 26 hours in and nothing yet. My warranty for the controller was verified and that there would no charges. Once they receive my unit that they would ship out new replacement within 5-10 business days?

I am in the north east, and its leaf changing season. I hope this transition goes smooth enough so that I might catch video and pics before it's all over.

2017-10-25
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DeeD Posted at 2017-10-25 14:36
So far here is where I am. Used the on line  chat tech support. I was issued a case number and was told that iwould receive an email within 24-48 hours. I am about 26 hours in and nothing yet. My warranty for the controller was verified and that there would no charges. Once they receive my unit that they would ship out new replacement within 5-10 business days?

I am in the north east, and its leaf changing season. I hope this transition goes smooth enough so that I might catch video and pics before it's all over.

I wanted to be reply number 160, don't know why? However after going back and seeing everyone having the same issue I believe DJI NEEDS TO CHIME IN HERE....why? Why? Why? Is this going on? What is left to be said? I just hope that DJI LISTENS TO THE CRY???? I have a case number if anyone in DJI wants to assist me through this????
2017-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules