Suggestions On Better Propellers
682 3 2016-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joshua271987
New

Dear DJI Users,
I am new to this forum. Ever since I pre-ordered my Inspire 1, shortly after it was announced, I have been learning and researching on how to improve its abilities. Such as the best brands of accessories to use and how to use them properly. I bought my Inspire 1 for aerial photography.

Recently, I tried the new quick release propellers and found that they appeared to give it more thrust. However, I find them to be louder than the self-tightening propellers. I realize that there are other propellers out there and was wondering what you would suggest? It would be nice if it could perform as quietly as possible. So that it would not disturb any wildlife. I have been flying it in the mountains, forests, rivers and lakes in my area.

I stumbled across a video that addresses this issue with a design used in a full sized super helicopter called the EH 101 (video link below). It uses a winged tipped propeller design which greatly reduced the rotor noise. What if this was applied to the Inspire 1?

Super Helicopter EH 101

Suggestions and ideas would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Colin.

2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Colin, I would still suggest you DJI props with T mounts: http://store.dji.com/product/ins ... er-installation-kit
2016-4-18
Use props
Joshua271987
New

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-19 15:10
Colin, I would still suggest you DJI props with T mounts: http://store.dji.com/product/inspire-1345t ...

Good to know. I wasn't aware of the T mounts. However, I decided not to use the quick release propellers since they appear to be louder than the self-tightening propellers. So I was wondering if anyone had better results with other propellers out there.
2016-4-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Joshua271987 Posted at 2016-4-19 18:57
Good to know. I wasn't aware of the T mounts. However, I decided not to use the quick release prope ...

I would only fly with the DJI plastic props with the 1345T  locking setup ( On Inspire ) .  I have heard of the Carbon Fiber  ones breaking the Locks during hard Braking.  I have also seen no appreciable difference in noise.  If  you want quiet go with the Phantom 3 Pro with the carbon props, that was the quietest setup I had .  

good luck - donnie
2016-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules