Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Blue LED and can't connect Remote
1477 8 2016-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikegrook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello everyone,

I crashed my inspire and snapped a motor arm, so off it goes for repair. In the meantime I had purchased a used inspire and never flew it.(it was a unpassable buy,even if used for parts) Now with my main in the shop I would like to try and fire up the "Backup". The backup was Aircraft only and a separate remote was purchased. I can't get them to link (tried the red button ) I have a feeling the firmware is way off and AC will mnot update from SD card. Any suggestions other then send it in?
2016-4-19
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

When you say blue LED, do you mean the remote? Does it power on and make the usual, "doodle-deet" sound? If it's a very pale blue, it's probably actually, "white" and the only option I've found at that point is to reflash the remote firmware (and if that doesn't work, send it in). Assuming the Inspire 1 is currently not in travel mode (if it is, that's beyond the scope of this answer and you should get it out of that mode before proceeding) you can flash the remote to the latest firmware using the file available here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html

Basically, download the file then copy it to a flash drive, plug the flash drive into the remote and power on, let it update as it used to in the past.

I think the reason the remote can't be updated via the old way is they took the remote firmware out of the firmware package for the drone and normally it'd download through DJI Go but you can do it manually if you get the remote firmware separately.
2016-4-19
Use props
mikegrook
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hterag Posted at 2016-4-19 16:19
When you say blue LED, do you mean the remote? Does it power on and make the usual, "doodle-deet" so ...

I wish it was the remote. Sadly its the indicator on the AC. I get a few green -Yellow , then a steady blue
2016-4-19
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Oh, then that means the Inspire is in landing mode, doesn't it? Is it laying flat? If it is in landing mode, whether it's laying flat or not, it won't accept a firmware update until you get it out of landing mode... It's possible you can roll back the firmware on the remote and that'll let you connect to the Inspire again to take it out of landing mode.

If you don't know how to do that: Open DJI Go while connected to the remote, press and hold on the little hat in the top-right from the main menu screen with and it might give you the option to go to the previous firmware.

It sounds like you got a drone someone sold after they upgraded the remote first before the drone while the drone was still in landing mode, there has been a lot of talk on this forum about it already but I didn't really follow the threads...
2016-4-19
Use props
mikegrook
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hterag Posted at 2016-4-20 03:27
Oh, then that means the Inspire is in landing mode, doesn't it? Is it laying flat? If it is in landi ...

That was the perfect answer to put me in the correct direction. Searched on resetting remote using buttons and now I have a place to start. Thank you for your help and support and thanks to everyone on this forum willing to step in and share some knowledge. I hope I can follow up and give help to someone .
2016-4-20
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Did the previous owner give you any hint at all what the problem was ?  If you got it for an incredible price there is a reason.  I highly doubt it just needs a transmitter at it would fly.  

Must get the Aircraft and RC with compatible Versions of FW or all the Linking in the world will not help.ie: AC at 1.8   RC AT 1.6 MATCH   (MOST RECENT )  OR 1.7 AC  RC AT 1.58 MATCH
THEN YOU CAN RE LINK
I would just manually unscrew from Travel mode and then see if you can load any FW.  At least see what it says on the Hidden file.  If you get that far load the hidden file  data here and I can tell what is wrong with it.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-44546-1-1.html

Good Luck - donnie  
2016-4-20
Use props
mikegrook
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-20 15:01
Did the previous owner give you any hint at all what the problem was ?  If you got it for an incredi ...

Good news is I am up and running. It was all Firmware at various levels across all devices. The previous owner was given the inspire as a x-mass gift. Never had a quad and had no clue what to do. I was sold a never turned on and un-updated Inspire 1 for 700.00. Battery was toast, Completely dead and would not do anything. It looks like a first version going by the loaded firmware I believe it is. The good is after a week of playing with updates I now have 2 inspires(One in for repairs) and I want to again thank the people who put me on track with suggestion on where to begin.
2016-4-22
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

mikegrook Posted at 2016-4-22 09:06
Good news is I am up and running. It was all Firmware at various levels across all devices. The pr ...

Great News, glad it is up and running !

Have Fun and fly safe

Your Friend - donnie
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

mikegrook Posted at 2016-4-22 22:06
Good news is I am up and running. It was all Firmware at various levels across all devices. The pr ...

Nice, glad your up and running.
And thanks Donnie for coming to the rescue again.
2016-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules