Critically Low Voltage?
1406 7 2016-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

With the I1 ( and Phantom for that matter ) at what level does the voltage become critical, forcing it to land?  Mine landed at over 20v left (about 50%). Does this mean my battery is finished or is this fixable with a deep cycle?

Not sure about the quickest way to drain the battery to 3% if its going to land and switch off at 50%. ( I would normally hover it down to 3%)

Regards
Mark G.

2016-4-20
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Hey Mark,

Better to go by the cell voltages than a %age, the batts have been known to get confused.
Get it down to under 3.3v per cell.
2016-4-20
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

Best trick to drain the battery simply charge you RC with your battery and it will unload till it shuts off!
2016-4-20
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Jersey

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-4-20 13:03
Hey Mark,

Better to go by the cell voltages than a %age, the batts have been known to get confused. ...

Thanks for the reply Farnk666. I have her running with the same battery in as I'm typing this and the cell voltages are all 3.72 or 3.73. It has been on with the props spinning for about 5 mins now. Last night when I was hovering in the yard it auto landed with a critical voltage error. Landed and powered off. I know %age is only a rough guide but what sort of voltage would cause a crit like this?
2016-4-20
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Jersey

Westwoodfilms.c Posted at 2016-4-20 13:26
Best trick to drain the battery simply charge you RC with your battery and it will unload till it sh ...

Thanks, how long is that likely to take and what if the controller is charged?
2016-4-20
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Jersey

I have the bird tethered to the back of my truck and with the props spinning (just ticking over) everything looks fine but with the slightest throttle, the voltage in all cells drops into the red. I have tried this with two batteries now and this happens  with both. Will try calibrating batteries and let you know if this works. Little bit scared to fly now, most of my flights are over the sea!
2016-4-20
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

markaguille Posted at 2016-4-20 22:27
Thanks for the reply Farnk666. I have her running with the same battery in as I'm typing this and  ...

It could be just one cell having a hard time in flight or the monitoring electronics confused.
Run/idle it until it shuts down, cool it down then charge to 100%.

See if that sorts it.

Best of luck
2016-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules