Battery Concern
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

When charging/checking one of my batteries, the third green led doesn't light up.  Once charged, I have 3 of four leds lit - 1,2 & 4.  Battery came directly from DJI and is almost a year old.  Seems to charge ok and if I charge it just before flying wiht it - it does start out at 100% in the Go app.

How concerned should I be that I am seeing a battery go bad, and will DJI replace it if there's a concern?

TIA.
2016-4-20
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I would definitely ping DJI. If the LED is bad, there's no guarantee everything else is good...
2016-4-20
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

It's just the led is bad/broken wire/led. You can send it in but then you will be without the battery.   If you can live with out the light it really isn't a big deal.  It's not a diagnostic announcement of some sort saying there is a problem
2016-4-20
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

That's what I'm thinking.  I was hoping someone knew if there was some connection to the led and some diagnostic/connection to power that I may not know about that could/should be corrected before I trusted it again.  Not overly concerned about not having the battery for a while - it's one of four and for my needs, that's enough.

Thanks.
2016-4-21
Use props
rene.vandermeer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236781 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

knupla2 Posted at 2016-4-21 13:36
That's what I'm thinking.  I was hoping someone knew if there was some connection to the led and som ...

I would contact DJI and see whether it is a warranty issue.
If not, you could open it yourself and maybe repair it.
I would just leave it just the it is and use the app to determine the charge.
2016-4-21
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

What did DJI say? Are they replacing/ repairing the battery for you?
2016-4-21
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

Any time there is anything questionable about a battery you should contact DJI and put the battery in a LiPo bag. They could explode at any time.
2016-4-21
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

connorschulte Posted at 2016-4-21 09:43
Any time there is anything questionable about a battery you should contact DJI and put the battery i ...

Risk of an explosion is just about non existent beings it's just an led not lighting up.  everything still works besides the one led light. No other faults or issues.
2016-4-21
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-21 09:12
Risk of an explosion is just about non existent beings it's just an led not lighting up.  everythi ...

Hey bud, it's not worth the risk, you could loose your house from an explosion via a battery. If anything seems remotely off you should replace the battery.
2016-4-21
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

connorschulte Posted at 2016-4-21 10:47
Hey bud, it's not worth the risk, you could loose your house from an explosion via a battery. If a ...

not saying your worries are without merit,  personally i wouldn't have an issue with it.  up to the OP at end of the day but me personally, i wouldn't have an issue with it.   if the battery is showing healthy in the app, charging and running fine its just a connection or led failure.   the batteries have all kinds of sensors internally monitoring just about all aspects of the battery and if one of them detects a failure, the battery throws an error.   

if you look at all the lipo batteries dji has out there,  well over 100k of them, only a hand full have went critical and melted down/burned.    only a couple were at random and without damage.    personally in my eyes its just an led light.  not a dent or anything major reason for concern  
2016-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules