Picture (Properties) (Details) (GPS)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

DJI and fellow flyers, How come when I look at my photo properties on my computer and go to details, then scroll down to GPS.The Altitude shows a wrong altitude I meanway off.
It use to be in meters and I could figure out the imperial footage, now that I updated the app the altitude is way off and it could cause problems if someone needs these details for evidence on high they were flying.If I was only flying 200 feet and authorties checked my photo and it said I was flying over 400 feet, I'm going to be P O'ed (pissed off).In the photo you can see that I am not 285 feet or meters high.DJI just giving you heads-up or explain to me whats up, or how I can figure out my heighth.Thank you have a awesome day!
Phant3ADV Properties Detail GPS.jpg
2016-4-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The altitude comes from the GPS receiver, and GPS altitude is notoriously unreliable and inaccurate. It is nothing to do with DJI, see this from Garmin: https://support.garmin.com/suppo ... 733-000000000000%7D

2016-4-20
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-21 06:43
The altitude comes from the GPS receiver, and GPS altitude is notoriously unreliable and inaccurate. ...

Well Geebax I won't argue with you, but before I did my update it was right on. If it come to legality issue's there could be problems.
2016-4-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TomWolves Posted at 2016-4-21 09:45
Well Geebax I won't argue with you, but before I did my update it was right on. If it come to lega ...

Prior to the recent update, DJI were placing the barometer reading in the GPS Elevation field, which is a little more accurate, but does not adhere to the EXIF standard, so all they have done is exchange one innacurate reading for another.
I doubt the information could be used for legal reasons as it is easliy tampered with.
2016-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules