Osmo loses video connection on startup
963 1 2016-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martijnhamelink
New

Netherlands

Hi all,

I just bought my osmo and had some issues upgrading the firmware with the Go app, after a while it would lose connection and the upgrade would be aborted. Tried to upgrade with the SD card which worked fine. Unfortunately when using the camera, it would lose the live video feed once in a while and just shows a grey background. The icons above (battery status, ISO, etc..) all show N/A and after a couple of seconds the feed is backc up again and all the data is correct.

I tried some stuff that was metioned here, like reinstalling the app and using 5G and that seems to fix it. I didn't have any video dropouts when it's running. However, I still lose connection just after I connect the Osmo to my phone and open the app. I see the video feed, after 1 second it stops and for a couple of seconds it shows a grey screen with all the N/A's before connecting again. After this, it seems that it just keeps working as it should. What is interesting too is that during the time there is no video feed, the fan stops running too. When the fan starts again, the video will get back too (no sture what's cause/effect here).

Since it is only at startup, and just for a couple of seconds, I was wondering if this isn't just normal and happens to every Osmo. If not, I would like to hear what I can try to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Martijn
2016-4-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
Could you please tell me the model of your mobile device?
According to your description, the problem of "no video feed" seems to be caused by the Osmo WiFi connection. What's more, the unstable WiFi connection seems to be caused by some signal interference.
You may change to other places with clear WiFi environment to have a test.
You may also wanna shut off the Internet connection while trying to connect to the Osmo WiFi, your mobile device may have the preference to the WiFi connection, kindly please double check the possibility.
It's normal that the fan may not spin immediately in the startup process. There are some sensors inside which will detect the real time conditions and will let the fan begin to work in time.

If you can make sure that your unit may have some physical problem, please contact your dealer to return it for repair.
2016-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules