OSMO Pro New Firmware Version v1.1.0.10 - What's new?
12Next >
11873 74 2016-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Osmo Pro new release.jpg

2016.04.21  OSMO Pro Release Notes (for X5 only, @2016-5-16 edit the upgrade tutorial for Osmo Pro/Raw)

1.       Firmware Version: v1.1.0.10

2.       DJI GO App iOS Version: v2.7.2

3.       DJI GO App Android Version: v2.7.2

Major Updates

1.       Support for the Zenmuse X5 gimbal and camera, as well as the Single Shot, Multiple Shot, Interval Shot, Video and Audio Recording features.

2.       Fixed red tone on high ISO photos.

3.       Fixed the focus breathing issue associated with recording 4K video using D-Log in M mode.

4.       Improved camera stabilization.   

Notes

1.       Only upgrade your firmware by downloading the firmware, loading the .bin file onto the Micro SD card, and inserting the card into the camera. Do not use other methods for upgrading.

2.       The firmware version v1.1.0.10 should be displayed in DJI GO after the upgrade. Be sure to connect your mobile device to the Internet before connecting to the Osmo Pro’s Wi-Fi network so that the correct firmware version is displayed in DJI GO.

3.       The Zenmuse X5 gimbal and camera can also be used on the Inspire 1 Pro after upgrading the firmware on the Osmo Pro.

For more details, please visit our official website.

Upgrade Tutorial

Firmware Upgrade Guide  

Make sure that the battery is fully charged and the Micro SD card has at least 200 MB of free space.
It will take approximately 30 minutes to complete the upgrade. It is recommended that you put the Osmo Pro / RAW into the Osmo Base on a at surface during the upgrade process.

Using a Micro SD Card to Upgrade  

1.        Download the latest firmware update package from the product page on the official DJI website (http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/download).
2.       Copy the .bin file to the root directory of your Micro SD card and insert the card into the Micro SD card slot on the camera while the Osmo Pro / RAW is powered off.

3.       Power on the Osmo Pro/RAW to begin upgrading.

4.       The camera status indicator (left LED) may become solid yellow for a while, then blink green and red alternately during the upgrade process, and become solid green again when the firmware upgrade is complete. If the upgrade is unsuccessful, the camera status indicator will become solid red, in which case you should re-attempt the upgrade.

5.       Restart the Osmo Pro / RAW and check the firmware version after the upgrade. In the DJI GO app, tap Settings->General->About to view the firmware version.

6.       If you fail to upgrade the firmware after multiple times, please contact DJI Support.

Notes

The system status indicator (rightLED) does not reflect the upgrade status.

2.       It is normal for the fan to stop spinning or the gimbal to beep during the upgrade process.

3.       If the upgrade fails, please send the “OSMO_FC550_FW_LOG_AB.txt” or “OSMO_FC550R_FW_LOG_AB.txt”  located on the Micro SD card root directory to                  DJI Support for analysis. You will need to enable the “display hidden folders” option on your computer.

Enjoy your Osmo Pro!

2016-4-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please be noticed:
The new Osmo Pro firmware v1.1.0.10 only works on X5 camera by mounting on the Osmo handle via the X5 adaptor.

After upgrading the Osmo handle with X5 camera (X5 adptor is needed) to the new Osmo Pro firmware v1.1.0.10, the handle will be still compatible with X3 camera while the X5 camera will be still compatible with Inpire Pro.

2016-4-21
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After this update, is the Osmo handle still compatible with the X3 or original Osmo camera ( for those who have both )?
2016-4-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

sploodge Posted at 2016-4-21 19:00
After this update, is the Osmo handle still compatible with the X3 or original Osmo camera ( for tho ...

Yes, it will be compatible with X3 camera as well!
2016-4-21
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-21 12:20

Thank you Adela.. Time to get updating then I think
Edit, just noticed you sneaked a post above mne after I asked about the X3 - Slik
2016-4-21
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

FIrmware is out and ya'll still aren't shipping adapters.  Just two hours ago you said that is what you were waiting for!

Damn it.
2016-4-21
Use props
jackiedh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-21 19:15
Please be noticed that the new Osmo Pro firmware  v1.1.0.10 is still compatible with X3 camera!!

Who is this update for?

All ORIGINAL OSMO owners or just those with the X5?

Jack
2016-4-21
Use props
Air2AirPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48868 ft
United States

Will this firmware also work with the X5R?  I've spoken with several tech support people and have heard different answers.  One said there's a separate X5R adapter for the X5R and another said there's a separate firmware for the X5R. Then another said the X5 adapter will work with the X5R and another said the X5 firmware will work with the X5R.  What's the real story?
2016-4-21
Use props
Neraxus
lvl.3

Canada

Air2AirPhoto Posted at 2016-4-22 01:31
Will this firmware also work with the X5R?  I've spoken with several tech support people and have he ...

I'd like to know this too. I have a feeling we need a specific X5R firmware.
2016-4-21
Use props
sjhallmn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369206 ft
United States

Is this new firmware (1.1.0.10) to be used on the original OSMO X3 as well.  I've downloaded it to the microSD but it does not update anything
2016-4-21
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-21 13:20

Every Update has no Information about Changelog.

No why, no what.

Only Description Update for OSMO Pro and nobody Knows what DJI means with that Information.

For shure i´ll not install this update as an early Bird as i did last Time.

Do not want to be your ßeta Tester.

Mike
2016-4-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

1.Osmo Pro firmware only updates the handle and X5 Camera.

2. This firmware can't be used to update X3 and X5R cameras.

3. After upgrading Osmo Pro, the X5 camera still can be used on Inspire 1 Pro

4. After upgrading Osmo Pro, the Osmo handle still can be used with X3 camera.

2016-4-21
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-22 12:59

2. This firmware can't be used to updat ...

So to be clear, this firmware will only upgrade the handle if it has the X5 attached however will not if the x3 is attached? If the X5 is attached and the handle is upgraded to this firmware and i now put the X3 on it will still work?

So in future, will DJI release two separate firmware versions for either the X5 or X3, or will they combine the two into one firmware to avoid confusion?
2016-4-22
Use props
Khyber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373842 ft
United States

yall don't wait on the adapter if you got a 3d printed one.  just did the update and updated flawlessly.  FINALLY full support for x5 on the osmo!
2016-4-22
Use props
darkjudicator
lvl.4
Ukraine

I have an original Osmo with X3 camera. Should I update it to this version?
If yes, what changes exactly will I get?
2016-4-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

jdmagoo Posted at 2016-4-22 04:36
So to be clear, this firmware will only upgrade the handle if it has the X5 attached however will  ...

It kinda looks this way, tried to update with x3, no work
2016-4-22
Use props
Toandorra
lvl.1

Andorra

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-21 13:15
Please be noticed:
The new Osmo Pro firmware v1.1.0.10 only works on X5 camera by mounting on the Os ...

After this update, is the Osmo handle still compatible with original Osmo camera ?
2016-4-22
Use props
Toandorra
lvl.1

Andorra

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-22 05:29

After this update, is the Osmo handle still compatible with the OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO ED 12/2 and Panasonic Lumix 15mm?
2016-4-22
Use props
Toandorra
lvl.1

Andorra

What about battery life with Z5?
2016-4-22
Use props
rjohnline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 670823 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-21 22:29

Tim,
If I only have the X3 camera, should I still update to the new Osmo Pro firmware?  Or is this update only for owners of the X5 camera?  Thanks
2016-4-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-4-22 10:39
It kinda looks this way, tried to update with x3, no work

I put my black market adapter back on, then updated x5 to latest and greatest but when I click on about it says firmware unknown????
2016-4-22
Use props
LForster
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This firmware updates the Osmo handle for all users regardless of their camera (X3 or X5) and updates the X5 Cameras for use with the adaptor and handle. Is that correct, TIM?
2016-4-22
Use props
LOCOSDEL136
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5709 ft

firmware updates the Osmo pro, no osmo regular off
2016-4-22
Use props
raybaker
lvl.1

United States

This firmware doesn't matter if you don't have the adapter. This makes no sense at all.
2016-4-22
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Does this include the latest inspire pro firmware? or is it different X5 firmware just for the OSMO? Which should I be using bearing in mind I use my X5 on OSMO & Inspire? Thanks
2016-4-22
Use props
Khyber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373842 ft
United States

dopeytree Posted at 2016-4-22 17:22
Hi Does this include the latest inspire pro firmware? or is it different X5 firmware just for the OS ...

it's an update for the osmo to give full capability with the x5, as stated, not the x5 itself.  it will still work on both inspire and osmo of course...
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Toandorra Posted at 2016-4-22 23:15
After this update, is the Osmo handle still compatible with original Osmo camera ?

This update is only for the X5 camera, X5 adaptor and the Osmo handle. After the success update, the handle will be still compatible with the X3 camera, and the X5 sill can be used on the Inspire Pro.
2016-4-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

rjohnline Posted at 2016-4-23 00:16
Tim,
If I only have the X3 camera, should I still update to the new Osmo Pro firmware?  Or is this ...

If you only have X3 camera, this update won't work, so please don't try to upgrade with this new Pro firmware which is only for X5 camera and the Osmo handle.
2016-4-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dopeytree Posted at 2016-4-23 05:22
Hi Does this include the latest inspire pro firmware? or is it different X5 firmware just for the OS ...

No, this update can not be used to upgrade Insprie Pro but only for X5 and the Osmo handle.
2016-4-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

LForster Posted at 2016-4-23 02:16
This firmware updates the Osmo handle for all users regardless of their camera (X3 or X5) and update ...

No. Please check the commentary in 1#.
This firmware doesn't work if you try to upgrade the "X3 + the Osmo handle" or the "X5 + Inspire".
You can only use it to upgrade the "X5 + X5 adaptor + the Osmo handle".
2016-4-23
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can the X5 OSMO do time-lapse now?
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dopeytree Posted at 2016-4-25 03:53
Can the X5 OSMO do time-lapse now?

No, the X5 camera doesn't support timelapse.
2016-4-24
Use props
ariajalali
lvl.1

United States

Oh man im so confused. I just attached my X5R and started the update because in the other thread you said it was fine for  "ro / Raw " - it seems to be installing (solid yellow light) is this really still not going to work
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ariajalali@gmai Posted at 2016-4-25 15:11
Oh man im so confused. I just attached my X5R and started the update because in the other thread you ...

Hello!
Which another thread do you mean? Could you please give us the link so that I can have a double check?

I'd like to clarify again;
The X5 adaptor is compatible with both X5 and X5R camera to work on the Osmo handle. However, the firmware for them to work correctly with the handle are different.
The Osmo Pro firmware is only for X5+adaptor+handle.
2016-4-25
Use props
ariajalali
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-25 01:49
Hello!
Which another thread do you mean? Could you please give us the link so that I can have a do ...

ok. i understand - any idea when the x5r firmware might be released then? thank you
2016-4-25
Use props
ariajalali
lvl.1

United States

also just to clarify, its alluded to many times - even in this thread. look to the instructions you have a reference of "either 550 or 500R" for the filename of the error log to be sent and you say for instance "its normal for the fan to stop" - does the regular x5 even have a fan? i thought only the raw does, because of the SSD drive?
2016-4-25
Use props
LForster
lvl.1
United Kingdom

There is so much mixed information concerning this update. DJI should be clear about it from the onset. I spoke to a DJI representative online and they told me everyone should update, regardless of their camera. I've got a screen shot of our conversation.
2016-4-25
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

LForster Posted at 2016-4-25 19:26
There is so much mixed information concerning this update. DJI should be clear about it from the ons ...

Hi, the pro FW won't work on the osmo with the x3, the update will only work with the x5 on the osmo handle (this is called the 'osmo pro')
2016-4-25
Use props
indrek.pajuste.
New

I'ld also like to know when the X5R firmware will be released.
2016-4-25
Use props
Don Farese
lvl.1

United States

Still no support for 360 spherical panoramic?
2016-4-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules