Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CinemaDNG file is large,you can use slimraw
1534 3 2016-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PowerZhang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35397 ft
Hong Kong

Today ,I found a usefull tool slimraw.It can be used to compress CinemaDNG file(from DJI X5R ).If you have interesting ,you can lear more by http://www.slimraw.com/
2016-4-21
Use props
Elo
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Slimraw is awesome! I use it with my Black Magic Pocket camera to compress the raw files to 3:1 CinemaDNG. 3:1 looks as good as the original in Resolve but only takes half the disk space.
I am planning to get Osmo X5R and to use it with Slimraw too. Have any Inspire X5R users tried this already? I also read in Slimraw's FAQ section that it helps importing the CDNG footage from X5R in Premiere. Is it correct?
2016-4-22
Use props
RDTeam43
R&D Team

China

Please be aware of the 3:1 SLIMRAW is LOSSY. As the SLIMRAW does not provide any quantitized data of the quality, I suggest the users to be careful to its lossy compression when processing your important footage.

The lossless SLIMRAW is about 90% of the size of CinemaDNG. And user needs an extra step to convert CinemaDNG to SLIMRAW. More important, it's no longer an Adobe standard CinemaDNG after the transcoding.

And we are listening to the customer's complains. We will continuously improve the decoding speed of the CinemaDNG in the  DJI CineLight.
2016-4-30
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

This would be like buying a Ferrari and putting a Honda Civic engine in it. Sure, it still looks nice but it doesn't do what it was built to do. The file format is there to give you the most latitude in your post editing. Compression is simply speaking, the opposite.
2016-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules