Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New firmware IMU 3.1 for Ronin but wherE?
6133 18 2016-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sschulak07
New

United States

I see  DJI updated their release notes for the Ronin a few days ago for a IMU 3.1 firmware update but where can you download it?  It fixes one of my problems with roll drift. I have emialed DJI and called them , 1 tech said there is confirmed new 3.1 firmware but then the next day they do not know about it. I get mixed signals from email support.  any one else have any luck in getting 3.1?

1. Improved SmoothTrack speed for the pan axis.
2. Fixed the issue of roll axis drift when shooting.

2016-4-21
Use props
admrobrts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 254177 ft
United Kingdom

You can't download the firmware directly. To update the firmware you have to used the "Ronin Assistant Software". Download it here:
http://www.dji.com/product/ronin/info#downloads

Once installed, connect the Ronin via USB and launch the software. Under the "Update" tab you can check and update the firmware.

From page 28 in v2.0 of the manual:
You can view the latest firmware version information on this page. Upgrade the firmware by following the steps below:
1. Connect the Ronin to your computer via the Micro-USB cable and wait until the blue indicator LED
in the PC Assistant blinks.
2. Click “Upgrade”.
3. Wait for the download to  nish.
4. Click “Upgrade” again and then click “Con rm”.
5. Power the Ronin off and on after the upgrade is complete.
2016-4-22
Use props
sschulak07
New

United States

admrobrts Posted at 2016-4-22 07:28
You can't download the firmware directly. To update the firmware you have to used the "Ronin Assista ...

HEy, thanks for the reply, but i got all of that covered. My issue is when I click refresh it still shows IMU 3.0 and not IMU 3.1

tthanks
2016-4-22
Use props
admrobrts
lvl.1
United Kingdom

sschulak07@gmai Posted at 2016-4-22 16:09
HEy, thanks for the reply, but i got all of that covered. My issue is when I click refresh it stil ...

Just tested it on mine and you are correct. Only 3.0 is showing up. :-(
2016-4-23
Use props
admrobrts
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Seems we need Assistant version 2.2 to install the 3.1 update.

The Assistant 2.2 update in not on the site tho. :-(
2016-4-23
Use props
DJ
lvl.1

Jamaica

I upgraded and it worked. I checked the info and it says IMU 3.1 and GCU 1.2.  I'm on PC assistant 1.8 . As mentioned already, there doesn't seem to be a download for PC assitant 2.2 . However it's kind of buggy. When i first upgraded none of the smooth track options worked when I tried to adjust them using my Android device. Even though it allowed me to change the values, the actual speed of pan/tilt/roll was stuck extremely high. This resulted in VERY robotic movements. So after a while of not getting any speed setting to work i was searching on how to downgrade again. While doing that I just decided to test it once more and voila...it was working great. So i tested and tested and it was fine. Then out of the blue it went back to the high speed locked settings as before. I turned it off and on a couple times...and then decided to launch the PC assistant and change the valus there, and volia...again it is now working. So It seems it's not consistent. However I will continue to test (battery is charging now).

In the mean time...can someone point out to me how to downgrade just in case I need to go back to firmware 3.0
2016-4-30
Use props
Darren Scott
lvl.1

Jamaica

Ok all is well. Earlier it was a user mistake.

After the firmware update I had defaulted the settings (as is recommended by DJI after upgrading), then I re calibrated the system (again as is recommended by DJI after upgrading). However my remote control settings were now reset. What was happening earlier was I didn't remember that I had the remote ON at the time when I was testing, and in my  control settings the priority was set to remote. The toggle speed preset  of the remote was set to 90 (fast), and the function switch was set to in the fast position. Basically  the remote smooth track settings were overriding the app settings. Anyway once i reset my "fast", "normal" and "slow" settings  of the remote or by turning off the remote altogether so it would not override the app, all was fine again. In retrospect, when i had those "voila" moments it was when i had turned off the remote, but it didnt register in my brain
Everything's working great now. I will continue to test and see if there are any bugs throughout this week.

(I'm user "DJ" by the way. Changed my username to my real name)

2016-4-30
Use props
zehetmayer
New

Hungary

It does not work for me. I have just tried with Assistant 1.8 (it wants to update to 3.0) and 2.2 but I can not upgrade to 3.1 it shows 3.0 "No firmware updates!"
2016-6-11
Use props
stompdance
lvl.1

Ukraine

zehetmayer@gmai Posted at 2016-6-11 19:39
It does not work for me. I have just tried with Assistant 1.8 (it wants to update to 3.0) and 2.2 bu ...

The same thing, need to update for firmware 3.1
2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

zehetmayer@gmai Posted at 2016-6-11 19:39
It does not work for me. I have just tried with Assistant 1.8 (it wants to update to 3.0) and 2.2 bu ...

Hello, Zehetmayer
The Assistant software v2.2 resume work now, you please upgrade the IMU to v3.1 in the Assistant software v2.2.
(Please note that the RC don't need to be upgraded this time.)

Thanks.
2016-6-13
Use props
Cinemi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141896 ft

France

Hi guys, tried today to update to 3.1 on mac. The 2.4 app don't show anything more than firmware 2.3.
How can I get my Ronin to be up to date? Since we installed the 2.3 version, it won't stop to drift on pan axis. The Ronin is just useless for the moment.
2016-8-8
Use props
Cinemi
lvl.1

France

Joke continues today as the 1.4 app seems to be the only one on OS X that find updates... Saying that I need to upgrade the firmware from 2.3 to... 2.3

DJI, can you please help us on that? (YES the camera is perfectly balanced, YES the battery is perfectly in place, YES it worked so far with these settings).
Capture d’écran 2016-08-09 à 13.14.46.png
2016-8-9
Use props
Cinemi
lvl.1

France

Oh and on 2.4 app we got that:
Capture d’écran 2016-08-09 à 13.18.52.png
Capture d’écran 2016-08-09 à 13.22.34.png
2016-8-9
Use props
Cinemi
lvl.1

France

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-14 09:23
Hello, Zehetmayer
The Assistant software v2.2 resume work now, you please upgrade the IMU to v3.1 i ...

Where can I download the 2.2 app for mac? Our Ronin is useless since we upgraded to 2.3 IMU.
No 3.0 or 3.1 shows in the 2.4 or 1.4 app.

Could you please quickly help us???
2016-8-9
Use props
Cinemi
lvl.1

France

Found the solution without DJI.
Fastcat5000 provide us the 2.2 app: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kht8hs ... taller_mac.dmg?dl=0

Could upgrade. YAY
2016-8-9
Use props
eraizgn_Ronin
lvl.1

Turkey

DJ Posted at 2016-4-30 13:03
I upgraded and it worked. I checked the info and it says IMU 3.1 and GCU 1.2.  I'm on PC assistant 1.8 . As mentioned already, there doesn't seem to be a download for PC assitant 2.2 . However it's kind of buggy. When i first upgraded none of the smooth track options worked when I tried to adjust them using my Android device. Even though it allowed me to change the values, the actual speed of pan/tilt/roll was stuck extremely high. This resulted in VERY robotic movements. So after a while of not getting any speed setting to work i was searching on how to downgrade again. While doing that I just decided to test it once more and voila...it was working great. So i tested and tested and it was fine. Then out of the blue it went back to the high speed locked settings as before. I turned it off and on a couple times...and then decided to launch the PC assistant and change the valus there, and volia...again it is now working. So It seems it's not consistent. However I will continue to test (battery is charging now).

In the mean time...can someone point out to me how to downgrade just in case I need to go back to firmware 3.0

for downgrade, you should download old Gimbal Assistant apps and connect to ronin with USB cable, then click upgrade..

but IMU can downgrade but, CGU is not. :S
2017-1-7
Use props
eraizgn_Ronin
lvl.1

Turkey

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid636946
2017-1-7
Use props
Konstantin922
New

United Kingdom

admrobrts Posted at 2016-4-22 06:28
You can't download the firmware directly. To update the firmware you have to used the "Ronin Assistant Software". Download it here:
http://www.dji.com/product/ronin/info#downloads

After doing this my Ronin is now not working, it is stuck in Motor Kill mode constantly.
2017-5-15
Use props
diegoureva85208
lvl.1

Costa Rica

Konstantin922 Posted at 2017-5-15 16:22
After doing this my Ronin is now not working, it is stuck in Motor Kill mode constantly.

Hello do you find any solución yo your problem? I hace the same
2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules