Go App, Flight Records & Tablet Storage Space
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptRuss
lvl.2

United States

By design, the Go App will delete existing low-res flight videos from its Library and from the tablet as the tablet runs out of storage space, and as needed to make way for the most recently recorded 720p flight videos.  With regard to the actual flight records that can be reviewed within the app however (and that can be saved/synced to the DJI cloud account), what happens to those [files] as the tablet begins to run out of storage space?  Are the oldest flight records deleted by the app to accommodate the most recent flights' records?  Are those records the .txt text files stored in the Go App's "dji/dji.pilot/flightrecord" sub-folder?  Thanks much,  Russ
2016-4-21
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Russ, the record files (.txt files) are stored in this location : Internal storage\DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord . It is recommended to sync the records after flight. But don't worry, the file size is really small.
2016-4-21
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-22 03:43
Hello Russ, the record files (.txt files) are stored in this location : Internal storage\DJI\dji.pil ...

Thanks much, Paladin.  Just out of curiosity:  as unlikely as it is, if the tablet were to indeed run out of sufficient storage space (say, for example, before I have had a chance to remove large video files that may reside on the tablet), would the Go App delete the oldest flight record files so as to allow it to add the most recent flight records?

If earlier flight records have been deleted from the tablet, would re-syncing flight records with the DJI cloud account replace them back onto the tablet again?

Thanks again... this all helps me to understand the entire process as well as how the Go App does things.  Russ
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

CaptRuss Posted at 2016-4-22 21:45
Thanks much, Paladin.  Just out of curiosity:  as unlikely as it is, if the tablet were to indeed  ...

Haha, I guess you phone may remind you of the restoring space shortage before your flight. If you have synced the records before, you can easily download those records which have been synced again when you need.
2016-4-22
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-22 22:41
Haha, I guess you phone may remind you of the restoring space shortage before your flight. If you  ...

Many thanks, Paladin.  The Go App seems nifty indeed; maiden flights occurred last week ;) .  Immensely enjoyable!  ;) .
2016-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules