WARNING: DJI Assistant V2 will kill your DJI Matrice
4425 16 2016-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronescan3
New

South Africa

We have a matrice M100 which has been working fine for months, we have done regular updates using DJI N1 assistant software. Today we downloaded and used DJI Assistant 2 software, it forced us to do a firmware upgrade which we started doing, everyting went well and the firmware download ,  and the  upload to the drone went well until the end at 100% when it said "Unknown Error".

It said to restart the M100 which we did, but after that, all it did was make beeping noises and the DJI Assistant 2 software refused to recognise the drone was present so we were stuck.

We went back to the N1 Assistant software, which luckily recognised the drone was present with firmware version "1.0.0" and upgraded it to an old version, however now:
a) the drone wont take off
b) the Assistant 2 software still forces us to upload the firmware, which we tried again and gives us the same error.

We would happily pay for DJI care to sort this problem out but they dont offer dji care for any of the commercial platforms, so now we are stuck with a perfectly good $8000 asset , crippled by some DJI software problem, and we have a gig this weekend.

We cant go forwards, we cant go back, and we certainly cant take off.
2016-4-21
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10476 ft
Australia

try relinking the RC to craft after software upgrades, recalibrate etc
2016-4-22
Use props
dronescan3
New

South Africa

Thunderbirdsare Posted at 2016-4-22 19:44
try relinking the RC to craft after software upgrades, recalibrate etc

the aircraft is bricked. dji sent through some matrice m100 repair software, which put some old firmware back on it, now it appears as a "DJI Inspire 1" which renders the Guidance useless.

This is a nightmare for anyone trying to run a business on DJI equipment, we get more reliable service from open source flight controllers we use on our other drones.
2016-4-23
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10476 ft
Australia

dronescan3 Posted at 2016-4-23 20:12
the aircraft is bricked. dji sent through some matrice m100 repair software, which put some old fi ...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/804234483017725/
2016-4-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dronescan3 Posted at 2016-4-23 18:12
the aircraft is bricked. dji sent through some matrice m100 repair software, which put some old fi ...

Sorry about the situation!
To solve the problem completely, after the process of upgrading in the M100 repair software, please upgrade your Matrice 100 again in the latest N1 Assistant software.
If you have any other problem, please contact us freely.
2016-4-23
Use props
knewton101
New

If you have an X3 camera, try to do the upgrade that way
2016-4-24
Use props
VeikkaG
New

Finland

Mine upgraded  thru X3 BUT, the drone has gone mad! It takes for ever to calibrate IMU and then I have to calirate compass before every flight. Even after that it is flying in roughly 5 meter diameter circles. It seems it can not lock into GPS position. I can not fly straight line. Also the new uppgrade (either DJI Go app or drone firmware) it has lost Guidance completely! So yes, same problems as dronescan3. And I also need to use it for my work. I am quite frustrated right now since it has worked brilliantly before and now it is just a mad little mosquito. And I am also pissed off.

Oh and what exactly is the lates N1 assistant software? I have DJI N1-Assistant software 3.4.4. And of course DJI Assistant 2.

I tried with repair program, Can not get it to work.
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

VeikkaG Posted at 2016-4-25 18:23
Mine upgraded  thru X3 BUT, the drone has gone mad! It takes for ever to calibrate IMU and then I ha ...

Hi,
If the M100Repair.exe doesn't work for you, please try to upgrade the MC of your drone in M100 N1 Assistant 3.4.4.exe, and then upgrade the firmware again in DJI Assistant 2.

If you have any other problem, please let me know.
2016-4-25
Use props
dronescan3
New

South Africa

Problem sorted, DJI are releasing a new version of Assistant which does the job. I must say their technical assistance was very helpful.
Couple of days and the problem is sorted out.
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ran into this problem as well. I just used the x3 to load the fw and after about 30mins of beeping craft rebooted and problem solved. Just posting to give a data point.
2016-4-26
Use props
SFOPhantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 718123 ft
  • >>>

The matice or Matrix.... clearly reminds of the APPLE iPhones. After awhile you can not upgrade them anymore. I bridged one of my controllers during a software upgrade. just to find out that DJI wants me to pay for a new one..... while the unit perfectly works on an older version. Upgrading the Matrice or the older Matrix will be come a problem down the road.
2016-5-6
Use props
VeikkaG
New

Finland

Hi!

I got my set to work but I must say that it is not as good as the old version. It works ok but it is not as reliable. For my work I have to fly frequently over water and land on a very tight spot in islets or even to the roof of our boat ( 1,5 x 1,5 meters) so acuracy is the most valued issue. This version is a lot less accurate than older. I fixed my GPS position settings a bit, so lets see if that helped.
2016-5-6
Use props
Willy
New

Has anyone tried the upgrade Assistant 2 v104 ? My upgrade failed on v103 and I am afriad to use v104 until I know it works.
Thanks
2016-5-7
Use props
neoTony
lvl.1
Germany

The firmware update to 1.31 of the matrice has failed. Now the aircraft cant connect in the assistant V2 nor the N1 assistant 3.4.4. When connected in the N1 assistant 3.4.4, it shows in the N1 assistant the firmware 0.0.0 and says " connect controller".
I need an immediate fix of this issue. I dont know if the update over X3 Gimbal can restore the firmware.
I anyway need a quick and working fix. This problem now lasts for over 8 months! Even the worst programmer in robotics always implement a fallback routine in such a case to at least restore old firmware,
but a multi billion dollar drone company seems to not get this done in this long time without damaging many times firmware images....
2016-5-8
Use props
Ighamer99
New

Australia

Hi All,

I have the same problem with my Matrice after I tried to update the firmware..... beeping continually and driving me crazy. where can I download the M100Repair.exe or is is only available from DJI Support ?
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Ighamer99 Posted at 2016-6-17 09:32
Hi All,

I have the same problem with my Matrice after I tried to update the firmware..... beeping c ...

Hello.
You can download the M100Repair.exe from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9dqn3dmtc2zyqi/M100Repair.exe?dl=0
May I know the exact problem you have?
Thanks.
2016-6-16
Use props
SamNew123
New

United Kingdom

I have the same problem. I cannot connect my DJi matrice 100 to Assistant 2 and I cannot find where to download M100Repair.exe and N1-Assistant.exe. Do you know where to download it?
2017-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules