Pictures VS Video "Save To" Location
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UFOJoe
lvl.1

United States

Pictures from my P3A are saving to the 16 GB P3A SD Camera Card while the videos are saving to the 64 GB Tablet. Questions...
- How can I make all of them go to one place...preferably the tablet I guess since it has more storage.
- If I put the 64 GB in the P3A camera, will I still get the split to where pics/videos are saved?
- Can I simply swap the SD Cards between the Tablet and the Ship camera or will this mess with the FW that is saved to each SD Card.
2016-4-22
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Both pics and video are saved to the sd card. The video is streamed to your devise at 720p and recorded there too. You can delete the video off of your mobile devise if you like...but the  video and pics are recorded to the card at what ever you set the resolution to in the go app. Remove the sd card from the side of your gimble and down load the pics and videos into your computer.
2016-4-22
Use props
UFOJoe
lvl.1

United States

mjlstudios Posted at 2016-4-23 01:31
Both pics and video are saved to the sd card. The video is streamed to your devise at 720p and recor ...

Thanks for the response but I think you are missing my point.  My point is, the videos are saving to my tablet and the photos are saving to the P3A card. The video and photos are not on the same card.
So, the question is why are they saving to two different places and where should they be saved to (P3A or tablet)? BTW...When you say "device", I assume you are talking about the P3A vs the Tablet.
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Joe, for example, when you use the 16GB card during the flight and take some photos and videos, actually all the original files including the photos and videos are saved in this sd card. You may see the cache videos which is 720P in your 64GB tablet. You can simply check them via your PC or mac.
2016-4-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

UFOJoe Posted at 2016-4-23 04:48
Thanks for the response but I think you are missing my point.  My point is, the videos are saving  ...

The two types of files are not saved in different locations. What you see on your tablet is not the finished product, it is a low resolution copy of the video from the aircraft, at 720p, and is totally inferior in quality to that on the card. Both the stills and video will be saved to the SD card, look again, you may not recognise the file types, they are saved as either .mp4 or .mov depending upon which file type you select in the Go App.
2016-4-22
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

UFOJoe Posted at 2016-4-22 14:48
Thanks for the response but I think you are missing my point.  My point is, the videos are saving  ...

Hey UFOjoe...I believe you are missing my point! Both video and pictures ARE saved on the SD card. The pictures will not show up on your mobile device until you go to the library in the GO app and download them into your mobile device or to your computer. A low res. HD video will show up on your mobile device (720p). To get the higher res. HD video (ie. 1080p, 2.7k) you will need to download that from the SD card located on the side of your gimble. I hope this will make it clearer for you.
Happy Flying!
2016-4-23
Use props
UFOJoe
lvl.1

United States

mjlstudios Posted at 2016-4-23 17:53
Hey UFOjoe...I believe you are missing my point! Both video and pictures ARE saved on the SD card. ...

MJistudios, thanks for your help. I got it now...
2016-5-6
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

UFOJoe Posted at 2016-4-22 11:48

The video stream from the FPOV is saving to your tablet because you have that option turned on.  But it ALWAYS saves to the sd card in the Phantom.  The video on the Phantom is the high def video.  What is on your device is 720p only.
2016-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules