P3A compass Error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sliquid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332001 ft
United States

So this is my second flight since updating the fw. First flight was excellent, no issues. Today, i start my flight from my normal home point, get about 7 feet up when the app starts flashing compass errors. Telling me to switch out of p-gps mode and recalibrate.... I find this troubling, aftee I had landed, it was right back to normal. Any ideas? Before i recalibrate everything.
2016-4-22
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Reading behind the lines, I suspect that what's happened is that you have calibrated your compass close to steel (probably on reinforced concrete?).
You have adjusted your compass to compensate for the magnetic effect close to the steel but when your Phantom lifts out of that distorted magnetic environment, the compass alerts you to a significant difference between the magnetic environment where it was calibrated and where it is flying.

It is important to calibrate your compass away from steel objects and not to launch from right on top of steel.
Calibrate in the open away from steel and launch there and you'll be fine.
2016-4-22
Use props
Sliquid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332001 ft
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-4-22 17:20
Reading behind the lines, I suspect that what's happened is that you have calibrated your compass cl ...

Actually, the last time I calibrated it was in a field literally 2 blocks from my house. nothing near me, no cars, no keys, not even my phone.
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

What labroides said is right. Please calibrate the compass free of iron or magnetic objects and try to fly your drone in different places. To calibrate the IMU before next flight will be good.
2016-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules