Wifi connection keeps looping between on an off!
4532 18 2016-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mervynys
lvl.1

Singapore

Just received my osmo earlier this week. Brought it for the 2nd time today an I am facing a very annoying wifi connection issue. The DJI Go on my android phone keep losing and reconnecting to the osmo wifi overe and over again... The problem will persist even after I restart my osmo and my phone.

It is very annoying and have to try numerous times off and on for it to work properly.

I am using the latest dji go app and the latesr firmware for my osmo. My first usage of the osmo with this phone was working perfectly fine.

I need help to solve this wifi connection issue, pls
2016-4-23
Use props
mervynys
lvl.1

Singapore

No answer??
2016-4-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
May I know the model of your mobile device?
1) Please check if there's some WiFi signal interference. You can change to 5.8GHz to have a try if your mobile device support 5.8GHz.
2) Please check the connection between the handle and the gimble.
Please let me know if you can't solve the problem.
2016-4-23
Use props
cpipe1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329436 ft
United States

Android Message when connecting to Note 4 phone

https://www.skypixel.com/pilot/p ... account=cpipe1_user
2016-4-24
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi,Try resetting the osmos WiFi network by : Hold down the Trigger and Shutter Button at
the same time. Then pull the power switch down until the System Status Indicator blinks
green. Release the power button before releasing the Trigger.
(This will be the osmos default WiFi network)
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

cpipe1 Posted at 2016-4-25 05:45
https://www.skypixel.com/pilot/photos/share/android-message?account=cpipe1_user

Hey,
Thanks for your shortcut!
I suggest you to select "Yes" so that you can connect to the Osmo WiFi successfully.
(Please note: It's part of the issue of the Android system, not the Osmo's issue)
If you have any further feedback, please let me know.
2016-4-24
Use props
cpipe1
lvl.4

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-25 09:43
Hey,
Thanks for your shortcut!
I suggest you to select "Yes" so that you can connect to the Osmo  ...

This is the message I get when i do hit the 'Yes' button. Screenshot_2016-04-25-12-22-25.png
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

cpipe1 Posted at 2016-4-26 01:54
This is the message I get when i do hit the 'Yes' button.

Hi,
Thanks for your further reply!
The picture shows that it's the problem of your Internet setting. You may need to follow the advice given in the picture.
About the related DNS issue, please refer to https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731991.aspx
You may also wanna contact the ISP to get any technical support for this issue.

If you have any further feedback, please let me know.
2016-4-25
Use props
mervynys
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi all, I have tried resetting the osmo and my phone umpteen times. My phone is sony xperia z5 premium. I fould that the DJI Go app has issues deciding whether my.osmo is an osmo or inspire 1. It keep looping between the 2. Any help?
2016-4-26
Use props
cpipe1
lvl.4

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-26 11:31
Hi,
Thanks for your further reply!
The picture shows that it's the problem of your Internet settin ...

Thanks Adela, it can't be the internet connection because the iPad works fine with no issues. My Android phone is the issue but i was wondering if a fix was in the works or is this a isolated incident?
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

mervynys@hotmai Posted at 2016-4-26 19:22
Hi all, I have tried resetting the osmo and my phone umpteen times. My phone is sony xperia z5 premi ...

Hi,
May I know what your DJI GO App version is and what the Osmo firmware version is? Please make sure they are all up to date.
In addition, after your phone receive the Osmo WiFi signal, I suggest you to shut down the Internet WiFi. Try to connect to the Osmo WiFi and check if the problem exist.
Any further feedback would be appreciated!
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

cpipe1 Posted at 2016-4-27 09:24
Thanks Adela, it can't be the internet connection because the iPad works fine with no issues. My A ...

It seems that your Android phone is not completely compatible with the DNS server of the Google, or something....
Hope you'll figure it out soon. Please contact relevant technical support for further help.
Any further feedback would be appreciated!
2016-4-26
Use props
mervynys
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-27 09:39
Hi,
May I know what your DJI GO App version is and what the Osmo firmware version is? Please make  ...

Hi Adela, my dji go and osmo are the latest firmware. The problem is not the internet wifi. The issue is the dji go cannot decide whether my osmo is an osmo or inspire 1. One possible reason is that are using zenmise x3 cameras.
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

mervynys@hotmai Posted at 2016-4-27 15:54
Hi Adela, my dji go and osmo are the latest firmware. The problem is not the internet wifi. The is ...

I'm sorry about the trouble!
Please look at below recommended mobile device list:
As you can see, your phone (Sony Xperia Z5 Premium) is not in our recommended list, so it might not be fully compatible with the DJI GO App. The similar problem may happen in some Android phone like yours. In this situation, please try to reinstall the DJI GO App, make sure that your phone has enough memory to run the DJI GO App. If possible, we would still suggest you to use another compatible mobile device recommended in our official website.

Recommended Mobile Device(Android):
Android Version v2.8.0.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2016-4-27
Use props
bankheadd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem and I'm using the Note 4, I just received my OSMO handle a couple of weeks and just got the X5 adapter last WED 8TH.  I get the same message as cpipe1 #8 what I've noticed is, if you click yes and then after it goes to the GOOGLE page just close that page and you'll still be connected, atleast for me it works like that but it keeps dropping the connection?
2016-6-12
Use props
bankheadd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

mervynys@hotmai Posted at 2016-4-26 06:22
Hi all, I have tried resetting the osmo and my phone umpteen times. My phone is sony xperia z5 premi ...

Are you connecting to the OSMO WIFI first before connecting to the DJI app? I know that's what I was initially doing wrong and If you go to the app first, it will show the Inspire first.
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

bankheadd Posted at 2016-6-13 10:55
Are you connecting to the OSMO WIFI first before connecting to the DJI app? I know that's what I w ...

Hi bankheadd,
Please note that if you want the DJI GO App recognize your Osmo unit, it must be connected to the Osmo WiFi. So if you lanuched the DJI GO App without connecting to the Osmo WiFi, the screen may show the picture of Inspire or other DJI products.

Thanks.
2016-6-12
Use props
DT1266
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi DJI
After a long wait the new release made tracking work. Now all of a sudden I cannot connect my osmo mobile via Bluetooth. Tried rebooting and start all over again but no joy. Just wont connect or even be seen by my mobiles Bluetooth. I looked on the forums and some said to check wifi connectivity on osmo mobile general settings. Nothing in the boxes so I don't know what to do. Can you help? Gimbal works fine but wont connect to DJI Go App. I have tried holding down the trigger and shutter button and powered on but light does not go to green blink after a long time.

Regards
Darren
2016-12-17
Use props
Manny-pr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10933205 ft
  • >>>
Puerto Rico

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-23 17:54
Hi,
May I know the model of your mobile device?
1) Please check if there's some WiFi signal interference. You can change to 5.8GHz to have a try if your mobile device support 5.8GHz.

I have the same issue with iPad and iphone 6. My Osmo went from DJI Repair Center and they do not found any issue. But the issue continue. See the video:
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules