New dutch drone law regulations max 50 m h
1388 10 2016-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cesarromein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 842890 ft
Netherlands

New dutch drone law regulations  max. altitude 49.9 meters  range from controller max. 99.9 meters   
2016-4-24
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It probably gives the police time to cover the 100m and nab you (if you crash into something/someone) before you get time to pack up and run

2016-4-24
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not law yet - but there are working on a big change. At the moment it is advice 50 altitude and 100m distance.
2016-4-24
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

I just hope that once you have got the license to fly a drone in your country it will be valid for the entire EU. In Belgium we probably have the strictest law of Europe. It would be nice that I would be able to fly in the EU once I have my Belgian "license"
2016-4-25
Use props
pi-inthesky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft

OUCH thats gonna hurt.
2016-4-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Wow, a mini drone will now suffice... Haha
Man oh man, I couldn't stand that sort of minimum/max flight restriction. I have much Pity on our Dutch brother and sister pilots.
But there must be a way around this?

RedHotPoker
2016-4-25
Use props
michaelfinney_h
lvl.2

United Kingdom

cesarromein   A  max. altitude 49.9 meters  range from controller max. 99.9 meters is just crazy. I'll be glad when England gets out of the EU in that case.
2016-4-25
Use props
scschulte
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159370 ft
United States

FlyGuy Posted at 2016-4-25 06:36
I just hope that once you have got the license to fly a drone in your country it will be valid for t ...

I am moving back to Belgium in a few years (from the USA) - and this is going to really hurt.  Already my High Power Rocketry hobby is essentially not possible in Belgium…  But 10 meters high drone flights and restricted to  your backyard…  it's almost silly.

Belgium is a great country.  The people are diverse and wonderful - I plan to retire there in our home we have owned near the Ardennes since 1991 -- and being a rather densely populated country, I certainly understand the need for strict laws concerning rockets, drones, RC aircraft etc.  I am not complaining - but would still like to enjoy safely flying my P3S and possibly other drones in Belgium in the future.

One question: Do you know if I join an RC Aircraft Club can I fly my P3S drone there -- just like others might fly their Radio-Controlled (winged) aircraft?  That may be a way for me to fly without having to spend like €834 to get a license (which still limits the location and altitude a lot I believe).

Thanks for any comments!  I'm enjoying the ability to fly to 120 meters in height safely away from buildings and airports in the USA for now.

Best regards,

Steve Schulte
Monday 25 April 2016
2016-4-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Becoming a member of E.R.C.H.A. a local RC Heli flying club has been awesome for me.
Above and beyond having the wonderful flying field at your disposal, are the other members who are knowledgable beyond belief.
Yeah, I find the fellowship & comraderie to be as much of a reward as the large well designed  field itself.
There are fixed wing clubs with take off/landing strips  and others for us with helicopter pads.
Several members I fly with have both RC helicopters and drones.

RedHotPoker
2016-4-25
Use props
sevadu
lvl.2

Netherlands

I read it's likely to be a law at the end of this year. I just bought a P3P early this month. Finally found a real hobby (besides sports), in which I also invested a considerable amount of money (after thinking long and hard) and already they're messing with me! Grrr...

I'm all for strict laws around airports, as I believe you are an idiot if you fly your drone near such a place. If you get caught doing that, I don't mind they would take the drone from you and give you a severe punishment, you deserved it. But max. 50m altitude and 100m distance in other places? Come on, where's the fun in that? Looking at my flight logs, I don't often go over 50/60m but still it's BS. My max. distance is set to 500m, but I was looking forward to find a place where I can fly beyond that without crashing into persons or objects.

Just recently it was said that the rules are strict enough, but that the rules require stricter enforcement. If the enforcement isn't strict enough with the current rules, how are they going to do that with stricter rules?
2016-4-26
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

michaelfinney_h Posted at 2016-4-25 15:05
cesarromein   A  max. altitude 49.9 meters  range from controller max. 99.9 meters is just crazy ...

Im with you on that one. I love my euro brothers and sister, just dont like centralisation of power.

Wont be long before we'll have to tie a bit of 20m string to tether our drones in place.
2016-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules