Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aerial photosphere over St.Cyrus, Scotland
736 6 2016-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidson_g
Captain
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

Interactive aerial photosphere taken over St.Cyrus, Scotland (click image for interactive version)

2016-4-24
Use props
igot2n0
First Officer
Flight distance : 740548 ft
United States

I love it! Do you know if there is a tutorial somewhere on how to create a photosphere?
2016-4-24
Use props
davidson_g
Captain
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

igot2n0 Posted at 2016-4-24 19:50
I love it! Do you know if there is a tutorial somewhere on how to create a photosphere?

Thank you!

If you Google for Aerial Photosphere tutorials, there are a few to be found but I've not seen any done quite the way I'm doing them. As the drone camera cannot see upward, all the methods require a separate sky image. The tricky part is merging the two hemispheres realistically (ground and sky hemisphere)

A good starting point would be to get the hang of doing normal ground based 360s, at least to get familiar with the stitching software.

I'm finding that the aerial ones are quite involved and the specific techniques I'm using I had to work out for myself. It's hugely time consuming but I enjoy the results.
2016-4-24
Use props
igot2n0
First Officer
Flight distance : 740548 ft
United States

davidson_g Posted at 2016-4-24 16:08
Thank you!

If you Google for Aerial Photosphere tutorials, there are a few to be found but I've no ...

Thanks for the reply. I am a relatively new drone pilot but I have already been successful making a 4 frame pano. Not quite 360 degrees, but the rest should be no problem. I have also built many dslr pano's with Photoshop and Lightroom. I look forward to viewing the tuts. Thanks again for the guidance.
2016-4-24
Use props
rreindl
First Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

Very cool!!!
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft