Any new Firmware features for Phantom2 H3-3D owners in the future?
1284 7 2015-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Since i fly FPV most of the time with my P2 H3-3D it would be a very nice feature to lock the Gimbal in flight, for example instead of the IOC functions(S2). In a FPV flight you dont need IOC at all and the gimbal lock function would be a nice addition. Also interesting would be a function to auto land the P2 in case of an emergency situation (both GPS and FPV fails during flight). The user could decide if IOC or other functions are prefered.

2015-1-16
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Seems to me you could already do both of those things.  You could adjust the vertical and horizontal limits of the gimbal settings so it would essentially be in a fixed position.  And the Phantom already has an auto land function -- failsafe.  You can select between automatic landing or return to home.
2015-1-17
Use props
Humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

You can put the gimbal in FPV mode and it will move with the P2 like a fixed camera would. It's just a check box in the gimbal options in the assistant software. Also like gil said you can set the failsafe to auto land if you lose rc control and it should auto land on it's own if it loses gps in flight, at least with the P2 non vision.

My Hanger
Phantom 2w/H3-3D gimbal & GoPro Hero3+, 600mw 5.8vtx w/VAS BB Ultra, iOSDMini, Large Skids
Phantom 2 w/600tvl, 600mw 5.8vtx w/VAS BB Ultra, V2ESC's, MultiStar 2212 Motors, iOSD Mini, Custom Wood Skids &Paint
Lumenier QAV250 Carbon on 4S, Cobra 2204/1960Motors, KISS 18a ESC's, Aero Guard, CF Camera Mount, CC3D, FrSkyD4R-II, Mobius
Hubsan X4 Stock mini racer, Hubsan X4107DNon FPV(now) racer project, Taranis X9D w/external Antenna &2200mah lipo, Dominator V2's w/goggle mod
Check Out My http://www.youtube.com/humboldt710 Channel
2015-1-17
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

Humboldt710 Posted at 2015-1-18 04:01
You can put the gimbal in FPV mode and it will move with the P2 like a fixed camera would. It's just ...

i know that but i was talking about putting it into FPV mode during the flight! Failsafe is not auto landing, i was talking about a real auto landing mode with a switch during flight in an emergancy situation, i wasnt talking about failsafe! Failsafe will land the craft at the home point
2015-1-18
Use props
Humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-1-18 22:10
i know that but i was talking about putting it into FPV mode during the flight! Failsafe is not aut ...

Failsafe will also auto land if you set it to do that in the assistant software. So basically you set your failsafe to auto land, then use the failsafe switch to land in an emergency situation like you want, but you can't have both at this time, RTH or auto land.
2015-1-18
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

Humboldt710 Posted at 2015-1-19 02:54
Failsafe will also auto land if you set it to do that in the assistant software. So basically you  ...

yes in know and thats the key. The only possibility would be to set a new homepoint during flight but thats not a very good solution. When you flying FPV and you loose orientation in the air and no GPS is available it would be pretty handy  to search for an open spot to land and when you do that manually the FPV signal will disconnect below a certain height. Another thing why this would be super useful for beginners in particular is when the wind drags the craft away when GPS signal is lost, just switch to auto land and the thing would land instead of fly away.

2015-1-19
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Or change your autoland to simply land, instead of fly home and land.  Once you kill the main switch it will simply land no matter what it is over.
2015-1-19
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-1-19 20:24
Or change your autoland to simply land, instead of fly home and land.  Once you kill the main switch ...

Yes we Talked about that but than you dont have failsafe rth. With the autoland Feature you could land somewhere safely with FPV.
2015-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules