SELF LANDING
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wingover2016
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi p3p  1.8.8.0      1.6.0   and 2.7.2   ipad 4 mini ios 9.3.1   all working fine apart from when i land when about 1 meter off the ground it does"nt always hover when iam not giveing any input, sometimes it seems to kick in and catch itself without any input, but other times i have to catch it by giveing input to stop it hitting the ground, its almost as if its self landing. Never let it hit the groung just in case it lands hard. This has happened over grass and over a country lane sand and gravel, it was fine before the latest updates, i have re calinbated the imu compass and camera, any ideas please?

2016-4-24
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

I'm not really understand I understand what the problem is.  Is it not doing something?    What is the problem?
2016-4-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-25 07:09
I'm not really understand I understand what the problem is.  Is it not doing something?    What is t ...

Ditto, you have not really explained what happens.
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello wingover2016, it would be better to post a video here.
2016-4-24
Use props
drago_6999
lvl.2

I cant say for sure, but if you havent flown a NON GPS stabilized drone before then you may not know about rotor wash and turbulent air. While the DJI line of quads are GREAT, they really dont teach you to fly. 1 or 2 feet off the ground you get a ton of turbulence and a phantom does a great job of fighting it, its not perfect. When youre that low they CAN bop and jive quite a bit. My best advise is to not fly that low unless youre landing. And my second piece of advise is to go buy a el cheapo $50 drone and getthe feel of flying without GPS and VPS.....its a whole new ballgame.
2016-4-25
Use props
wingover2016
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Ok sorry ill try again, after flying and filming i get the 30% warning and start bringing the drone down. At that point i could bring it straight down and land, if however i stop giveing input on the controller at about 2 meters from the ground the drone should stop looseing hight and hover, what iam trying to say is that the drone keeps going towards the ground when you would exspect it to hover at 2 meters with no controller input. When at a good hight if you bring it down from say 400 feet to say 350 feet it will hover in place at 350 feet not carry on downwards as it does at a 2 meter  Thanks drago_6999 ive ordered a husban x4 to practice with at home when the weather is bad. Thanks Hawk
2016-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules