Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ipad Mini 2 stopped connecting after 2.7.2
12Next >
4915 41 2016-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

All,

My iPad Mini 2 (with Cellular) has stopped connecting to the DJI Go app after the iPad did an auto update to 2.7.2.  The controller is seeing the aircraft as I can move the gimbal, etc..  When I connect the USB Cable from the iPad Mini, I hear the "beep" from the iPad recognizing a USB connection has been made... No matter what I do, the iPad can no longer connect to the app.  I've tried restoring from a backup to 2.7.1, deleting and reinstalling the app.. different lightning cables, etc.. I haven't done a full restore to factory settings, but don't think I should have to.

Everything works as normal when I hook up my iPhone 6 (on 2.7.2 - again, not by choice - had auto update on) ..  Kind of defeats the purpose of having a mini to be able to see more with though.  The only I can see that I don't understand, is I'm seeing a "wireless" symbol with the DJI GO menu and "disconnected" in the app on the iPad mini once I hit camera that I don't see on the iPhone.  When I tap it, it seems to want an SSID and password.  I can't restore my iPhone to 2.7.1, so stuck with 2.7.2 for now.  I'm still on 1.7 ALL in One fw for the aircraft, but again EVERYTHING was working fine on the iPad until it updated to 2.7.2.  I'm on IOS 9.3.1.

Suggestions for things to try are welcome..  :-(   

Jay S.

2016-4-24
Use props
cncpro.0001
New
United States

Having the same problem with my P4 and iPad mini 2. It works with my iPhone 6S. I've  reset my iPad and erased and tried to link up with out any luck. From what I've read on the other forums, this has become an issue and not many have had any success yet. I hope DJI fixes this problem ASAP. I paid a lot of money and not being able to use it as intended is not making me happy.
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello imagesbyjas, we have released DJI GO v2.8.0 today in AppStore. Please upgrade it and give it a try again
2016-4-25
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-25 16:33
Hello imagesbyjas, we have released DJI GO v2.8.0 today in AppStore. Please upgrade it and give it a ...

Paladin,

Will do... Hope it does.  Thanks.

Jay S.
2016-4-25
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-25 16:33
Hello imagesbyjas, we have released DJI GO v2.8.0 today in AppStore. Please upgrade it and give it a ...

Made absolutely no difference..  App will still not connect to iPad Mini..  Maps in flight log under 2.7.2 (on iPhone ) and 2.8 are missing GPS data..  Same maps in iPad mini with 2.7.1 show GPS map data for flight logs..  Have not updated iPhone to 2.8 yet..  Quite frankly afraid to and have a major demo in a week.  :-(

2016-4-25
Use props
pilot310
lvl.2

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-25 21:06
Paladin,

Will do... Hope it does.  Thanks.

Made no difference with IPhone 6s. Still can't get "Camera" icon.  Might as well use the phantom for a paperweight   I give up
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10476 ft
Australia

rebind RC...DJI video tutorial explains this..very easy

2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

cncpro.0001 Posted at 2016-4-25 14:19
Having the same problem with my P4 and iPad mini 2. It works with my iPhone 6S. I've  reset my iPad  ...

rebind the RC to craft...also recalibrate IMU and gimbal...after every firmware

DJI have a video tutorial on this
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

pilot310 Posted at 2016-4-26 05:01
Made no difference with IPhone 6s. Still can't get "Camera" icon.  Might as well use the phantom f ...

follow the instructions in DJI video  - relinking RC to craft...takes one minute to do

2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

pilot310 Posted at 2016-4-26 05:01
Made no difference with IPhone 6s. Still can't get "Camera" icon.  Might as well use the phantom f ...

2016-4-25
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

I'm having the issue and did NOT do the FW upgrade.  EVERYTHING was working fine with 2.7.1 (both iPhone and iPad) and aircraft and RC updated from the 1.7 fw ALL in One package.

Now, with 2.7.2..  I can fly and see things on the iPhone, but my flight logs show NO GPS maps for newer flights.  I was able to restore a backup of 2.7.1 to iPad.. Still won't connect, but flight log for the same exact newer flights show the full GPS map under the flight paths (I synched both with the cloud so flight logs are on both)..

I would say I'd agree with re-linking the RC and Aircraft except the iPhone is working fine.. and when I turn on the RC I can hear the iPad indicating that a USB input has been detected.. but aside from that.. When I go into the App and try the relink, it does nothing, indicating the app is not talking to the RC. Still ZERO from the camera on the iPad.. (but at least I can see accurate map data on the iPad which I can't see on the iPhone).  The RC is talking to the Aircraft as I can gimbal the camera and actually start the motors (without props).

:-(
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-26 06:00
I'm having the issue and did NOT do the FW upgrade.  EVERYTHING was working fine with 2.7.1 (both i ...

you must do all the updates...you can't have one updated and not the other
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-26 06:00
I'm having the issue and did NOT do the FW upgrade.  EVERYTHING was working fine with 2.7.1 (both i ...

you don't need to use a USB...use the SD card for the craft,..the RC will update through the app

you must do the relinking...watch the video and follow the steps, the device you use is not important...you also have to update the App itself, the RC and the Craft

sometimes there can be two bin files , you take the bin files and put them on SD card...with nothing else on the card...this is a detail ppl forget...just the bin file(s) not the whole zip file
2016-4-25
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Well, my iPad mini has its eyes back..  Spoke with DJI who said Apple said to do a reset via iTunes vs. the internal reset...  I didn't have much on the iPad so did a full factory reset and started by doing a download of 2.8 (firmware is still 1.7)..  Despite having done multiple resets (even to factory settings) from the iPad, it never made a difference..  Doing the reset from within iTunes apparently does it more fully..  Still have the GPS map data missing issue, but will see if that continues with new flights on iPad now.

Bottom line, if your IOS device isn't connecting to the RC, doing the reset from iTunes seems to do the trick...   at least for now!!!  :-)
2016-4-25
Use props
30blaster
New
United States

I have the same problem.  iPad mini 2 will not connect.

Help!
2016-4-25
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

30blaster Posted at 2016-4-26 14:07
I have the same problem.  iPad mini 2 will not connect.

Help!

30Blaster...

Try what I did..  Hook up to a PC or Mac with iTunes and reset from there (google "reset iPad with iTunes") ..  You can choose to restore from a back up or set up as a new iPad.  I chose new iPad then went back to the app store and picked up the apps I had on the device and let them all reinstall.  I did the DJI Go app first...  I was pretty pumped up when I saw the screen seeing what the camera was looking at.  I can't explain the difference between a reset from within the iPad and one from iTunes, but DJI said Apple told them to tell people that, and I guess there is a difference because all the other resets I did didn't fix a thing..  Did this and immediately had the camera view back..

Now that said.. I wish someone here would have told all of us that this was the recommended fix..  :-(
2016-4-26
Use props
30blaster
New
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-26 21:04
30Blaster...

Try what I did..  Hook up to a PC or Mac with iTunes and reset from there (google "r ...

I have done that and still not working.  I even did a factory reset , still not working
2016-4-26
Use props
30blaster
New
United States

30blaster Posted at 2016-4-26 22:56
I have done that and still not working.  I even did a factory reset , still not working

Starting over , hope it works
2016-4-26
Use props
pidi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18514 ft
Netherlands

Thunderbirdsare Posted at 2016-4-25 21:07
rebind RC...DJI video tutorial explains this..very easy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNIqifYefow

Great advice. Not.
He just explained he can't connect to the app, so you can't relink via the App as well.

If you do need to relink without using the app, you can follow these steps:
- Power on RC and craft;
- Press the C1 + C2 buttons on the back of the RC together and keep them both pressed;
- Press the video record button (on the left shoulder of the RC), and keep pressed as well;
- When it starts beeping release C1, C2 and the REC button, press the camera settings wheel (on the right shoulder of the RC);
- The linking mode is now activated: the RC shows a blue led and starts beeping;
- Press the link button on the aircraft within 1 minute (see the user manual for the location of the link button);
- When the RC shows a green led, and the beeping stops, the linking procedure has succeeded and the control link has been restored
2016-4-26
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

30blaster Posted at 2016-4-26 22:56

30blaster,

That is the pits..  :-(  Not doubting, but just checking (cause there are a couple of places where the process asks which way you want to go)..  I totally took all the paths that pointed to a NEW iPad..  There are times when it asks if you want to restore from a backup, etc..  I opted for the iTunes making it new in all cases.  When it was done, there wasn't a single app on there from what I had..  Which iPad mini do you have?  I had no hopes it would work, but was incredibly surprised when it did..  Maybe check with Apple about completely taking the iPad back to "out of box" condition??  Hope you get it back!!!
2016-4-26
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

pidi Posted at 2016-4-26 23:20
Great advice. Not.
He just explained he can't connect to the app, so you can't relink via the App  ...

To all that are suggesting re-linking, it is appreciated, but not applicable to the issues some of us are facing.  It is not a question of the RC and Aircraft not being linked, they are.  The light on the RC is green, I was able to gimbal the camera, record video, take pics even start the motors (without props)..  The issue is that the RC and App aren't talking..  It is usually not a USB issue either (or wasn't in my case) as I can hear the ping when I connect the USB cable.  Without the app installed and the RC off, when I turned on the RC, it immediately went to the App Store looking for the DJI Go app..  I don't understand why resetting the iPad from iTunes was different than the reset from within the iPad, but for whatever reason, it was..  It may be that IOS is somehow loaded more fully through iTunes?
2016-4-26
Use props
30blaster
New
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-27 00:32
To all that are suggesting re-linking, it is appreciated, but not applicable to the issues some of ...

Great news  -  After I reset the Mini 2 using ITunes  ( and A little patience )  It Worked !!!
Thanks to all of you out there !

Bob - The Blaster
2016-4-26
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

30blaster Posted at 2016-4-27 02:02
Great news  -  After I reset the Mini 2 using ITunes  ( and A little patience )  It Worked !!!
Tha ...

Yay... and another "missing camera view" bites the dust!!!  :-)
2016-4-26
Use props
pidi
lvl.1
Netherlands

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-26 18:32
To all that are suggesting re-linking, it is appreciated, but not applicable to the issues some of ...

That's why I said, if you DO need to link...

Anyway, I still have the same problem. Resetting the iPad didn't work... :-(
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

pidi Posted at 2016-4-28 04:55

Anyway, I still have the same problem. Resetting the ...

Did you restore the iPad through iTunes on your computer?
If not, please try that way.
Also, you can first try logging out then back in on your iTunes account in the settings under iTunes & App Store.
2016-4-27
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

pidi Posted at 2016-4-28 04:55

Anyway, I still have the same problem. Resetting the ...

pidi..

Agree with Ken.. For whatever reason, the reset has to be done through iTunes and not by using the reset within the iPad itself.  Which iPad do you have?  Just curious, is it at 9.3.1?
2016-4-27
Use props
pidi
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-27 23:54
Did you restore the iPad through iTunes on your computer?
If not, please try that way.
Also, you c ...

I first installed beta 9.3.2 on my iPad mini 4 (or iPad Mini 3, I don't remember), since that helped others as well. Didn't work.
I then reset the iPad, but noticed it was reset to 9.3.2.
So I did a factory reset by holding the home button. In this case 9.3.1. was downloaded and restored. All this was done via iTunes.
Didn't work.

I know have tried these devices:
- iPad 2
- iPhone 6S
- iPad Mini 4
- Android

None of them work.

Some say they hear a bleep when the iPad is connected to the RC. I don't hear anything.

The LED on the RC is green, and I can tilt the camera, but I can't start the aircraft.
The LED's on the aircraft blink yellow fast, indicating the link is broken. I've relinked several times, but the link only holds for a minute or so (although I haven't been able to start the aircraft) after which it starts blinking yellow again.

I've downgraded the firmware of the aircraft to 1.7.0060. Didn't help.
I believe the RC is still on the old firmware 1.3, but upgrading doesn't work (using a USB device or connecting it to the camera with the USB cable).

I'm starting to believe this is a hardware error.

It's so weird; I has worked flawlessly. I stuffed it away during the winter, and after that it all won't work.... :-(
2016-4-28
Use props
pidi
lvl.1
Netherlands

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-26 18:32

"Without the app installed and the RC off, when I turned on the RC, it  immediately went to the App Store looking for the DJI Go app.."

I find this interesting. I didn't try that.
If this doesn't happen in my case, I must conclude it's a hardware failure I guess.

2016-4-28
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

pidi Posted at 2016-4-28 19:15
I first installed beta 9.3.2 on my iPad mini 4 (or iPad Mini 3, I don't remember), since that helpe ...

Pidi...

It really sounds like you've got multiple issues going besides just the fact that the app isn't working.  A few things..  (and I'll admit, grabbing at straws here).  First, on the app.. I understand what you mean by using the "Home" button for the reset, but I didn't do that. I let iTunes handle the entire process.  In my case I didn't have many other apps on the iPad Mini 2, so I chose to just set the entire thing back to factory fresh - no restoring, no backups, etc, a complete wipe out.  On that try, I did go to the App Store, downloaded and installed 2.8.  Again though, I totally wiped out the iPad through iTunes..  I'm on 9.3.1

I followed this set of instructions except I didn't make a back up..

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

For the firmware, there is a hidden file (besides the .txt file) that is written to the Micro SD card which outlines the details of the hardware with respect to how the firmware is doing and provides a lot more detail.  Search the forums for the instructions to get to that file, but it is basically just going to the properties and turning on the view for hidden files.  Try the firmware update again (1.7 or 1.8) and copy the results of the hidden file and post them here.. It might help.  There should be NO failures anywhere in that hidden file.  If you're aircraft and RC are out of synch on firmware, it would make sense that the connection doesn't hold, so hoping that getting them at the same level will at least get them talking and linking correctly..

Hidden file instructions:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2570015

2016-4-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

pidi Posted at 2016-4-28 19:15
I first installed beta 9.3.2 on my iPad mini 4 (or iPad Mini 3, I don't remember), since that helpe ...

i did not know you had tried all those devices. One more thing, since you have an Android (Samsung) and probably on the latest Marshmallow update. Power everything up and then swipe down from the top and tap "Connected for Charging", then Software Installation and then you will be able to connect to the RC.
If not and since you'e tried so many devices, it's either the USB cable or USB port on the RC.
And as far as the aircraft flashing fast yellow and the RC LED green, it may just be you are not matched on firmware. If you are on 1.8 aircraft the RC must be on 1.6. And if the aircraft is on 1.7 then the RC must be on 1.5.8.
Let's try this with the RC: with it OFF press down C1, C2, video, photo, camera settings dial and with all those pressed then power up the RC. You will get a teal LED. Then connect to the app and from the home page press the graduation hat icon for 5-10 seconds with the RC on and USB connected. Then it will say 1.5.8 is available. Install that and stay there since you've downgraded the aircraft  to 1.7.
2016-4-28
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-28 22:17
i did not know you had tried all those devices. One more thing, since you have an Android (Samsung ...

Ken... Followed you till the very end on advice to Pidi, but I think you mean 1.7 at the very end.  :-)  1.5.8 on RC is 1.7 on Aircraft.
2016-4-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-28 22:49
Ken... Followed you till the very end on advice to Pidi, but I think you mean 1.7 at the very end. ...

Yes, that's what I meant, corrected it
2016-4-28
Use props
pidi
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-28 16:17
i did not know you had tried all those devices. One more thing, since you have an Android (Samsung) ...

Thanks for your time.
I tried what you did and this is the result:

IMG_0001.PNG

So after all it seems there is a problem with the RC.
I will have to return it I'm afraid (It is still under warranty).

2016-4-28
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

pidi Posted at 2016-4-29 14:50
Thanks for your time.

Pidi..  Clearly something is severely wrong.  :-(  This is the only thing I can think of at this point and see if Ken agrees - which is try to update firmware on RC with a USB Stick...

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... om-usb-stick.51640/

Sorry if you already tried that but I'm really grabbing at straws in the hope you won't have to send it in..  Would have to be an older version of the RC firmware (I think) as I don't think the .bin file is in the newer versions. If that were to take, perhaps you can then use the app again to get current??
2016-4-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

pidi Posted at 2016-4-29 14:50
Thanks for your time.

Let's try one final thing, while in that page or from the home page with everything powered up EXCEPT the aircraft, go to the home page then overall status and do a CSC (both sticks bottom inner corners) and wait a minute and see if it says RC update required.
If it does then follow the instructions, if not then go back into the firmware upgrade page (holding the icon down 5-10 seconds) and then see if you still see the same thing as you posted. If you do then the radio may have an issue and would need to be sent in. Or you can try the suggestion from the prior post.
What color is the light on the RC now?
2016-4-29
Use props
pidi
lvl.1
Netherlands

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-29 14:34
Pidi..  Clearly something is severely wrong.  :-(  This is the only thing I can think of at this po ...

Thanks, but tried that already (with different versions of the firmware). It refuses to update the firmware via USB device or a camera connection.
2016-4-29
Use props
pidi
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-29 16:01
Let's try one final thing, while in that page or from the home page with everything powered up EXC ...

Hi Ken,

What do you mean with "go to the home page then overall status"?
So I have to start the controller up like you described (C1/C2/Rec/Dial/on) and than do what exactly?
2016-4-29
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

pidi Posted at 2016-4-30 02:36
Thanks, but tried that already (with different versions of the firmware). It refuses to update the  ...

Pidi...

I assume that also means the 1.3 that is still available on the download page?  Sorry for all the troubles you're having?  I'm out of any other ideas..  :-(  Were you ever able to get a copy of that hidden file that is created?  Could provide some more clues..

2016-4-29
Use props
pidi
lvl.1
Netherlands

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-30 00:17
Pidi...

I assume that also means the 1.3 that is still available on the download page?  Sorry for  ...

You mean the file 'P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt'?
Doesn't reveal that much.  It has a lot of 'remo-con' entries but all with weird dates (2014-01-01).

Thanks.
2016-4-30
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

pidi Posted at 2016-4-30 19:05
You mean the file 'P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt'?
Doesn't reveal that much.  It has a lot of 'remo-con' en ...

Pidi,

No, it is this file P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt.  (that's for Pro.. for the Advanced it is P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt)   Check out this link..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2570015

The results file is just a summary.  The hidden log file kind of goes step by step on the Firmware install and what worked and what didn't..  If you can get to it, copy/paste the results here.  Too many threads and thought that the hidden file item was in this one... It is in others..

2016-4-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules