Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can I transfer the video that is on the DJI App (lost Micro SD card)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scschulte
lvl.1
Flight distance : 159370 ft

OK well here's what I would like to do:  Transfer the video of a flight that is on my iPhone on the DJI App in the "Editor" section to my Mac. Normally (OK been flying 2 weeks only, nothing is "normal" yet!)-- I take the Micro SD card out of the P3 after it is back home and insert in into a micro SD card reader and download everything to my Mac.  But the other day I used another unformatted SD Card and my Mac would not read it.  I didn't think to just put it back into the Phantom and then use a cable (I think that's how it would work I use the controller recharging cable to connect the P3S to the computer - correct?).   (Yes - just went to pgs 28-29 of the manual and that's what is says to do).
Instead I reformatted the SD Card.  BUT I see the video on the DJI App -- likely a very low resolution version but just wondering how to copy that to my Mac?

And if not, then I believe these videos are in the DJI Cloud so that I can access them on other iOS devices (not sure about accessing them from a PC or Mac?)

Well any comments here really appreciated.

Regards,

Steve
Sunday 24 April 2016
18:59

2016-4-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The video on the SD card is full quality, in other words if you shot 4K, then the file on the SD card is a 4K video file. And you can access it via a USB connection to the aircraft.

The clip on your iPhone is a reduced resolution 720p copy of the 4K file, it is also a fairly low bitrate as well. You can access the file through iTunes by connecting it to your Mac. The files are not saved to the cloud.

With regard to using another card, always format a new card in the aircraft using the DJI Go App, it knows what format and how to do it.
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello scschulte, you can copy those 720P cache videos to your mac via itunes: 视频缓存文件夹.JPG
2016-4-25
Use props
scschulte
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-24 19:23
The video on the SD card is full quality, in other words if you shot 4K, then the file on the SD car ...

This is just such an excellent reply!  You have increased the value of my investment in this wonderful flying machine!  I will try that tonight-- thanks so much!!

Best regards,

Steve Schulte
Monday 25 April 2016
2016-4-25
Use props
scschulte
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-25 03:56
Hello scschulte, you can copy those 720P cache videos to your mac via itunes:

Thanks so much-- and if I understand correctly from you and the earlier post-- I will want to connect my iPhone 6s to my Mac via the USB/Lightning cable, then open iTunes and then likely open the DJI GO app and I should see the folder with the 720p cache videos in it-- I can then copy that to my Mac (or do I copy to a section of iTunes or over to iPhoto or to Photos?)  I'll try tonight!

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Steve Schulte
Monday 25 April 2016
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

scschulte Posted at 2016-4-25 22:11
Thanks so much-- and if I understand correctly from you and the earlier post-- I will want to conn ...

Yes it is correct.The location could be found in my picture.
2016-4-25
Use props
keongwee85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 331391 ft
Malaysia

Hi DJI-Paladin, anyway to copy it from the phone to the camera roll without using mac ??? as in anyway to transfer direct from cache folder to camera roll ??
2016-5-8
Use props
Randy759
New
Flight distance : 68310 ft
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-25 00:56
Hello scschulte, you can copy those 720P cache videos to your mac via itunes:[view_image]

Is there a way to retrieve them from the P4 Pro Plus controller?  There are two videos there that I need, I can find no way to access them.
I would also like to use an SD card for the cache, is that possible?
2017-2-28
Use props
fans8d08fce5
New
Flight distance : 28205 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-24 16:23
The video on the SD card is full quality, in other words if you shot 4K, then the file on the SD card is a 4K video file. And you can access it via a USB connection to the aircraft.

The clip on your iPhone is a reduced resolution 720p copy of the 4K file, it is also a fairly low bitrate as well. You can access the file through iTunes by connecting it to your Mac. The files are not saved to the cloud.

So is the reduced resolution 720 file the only one available?   Or is there any way to have the video in 1080 or higher?
2017-4-5
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Any time you lose the drone/sd card, all u got is the cached copy on your tablet/phone, which is only 720 and not great quality.. but then again, if u got nothing, that is probably better than nothing.... it is literally what you saw during flight, so if there were transmission breaks and interference, u will see that....
If u did not write to the card, there are some unformat utilities and filerecovery, write protect it promptly.. but to be honest, i never had much luck with that.....
2017-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules