Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with Camera Exporter/X5R Reader on Windows 7
2484 5 2016-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InterMurph
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I can't get the DJI Camera Exporter/X5R Reader to transfer footage to my Windows 7 PC.

When I connect the X5R reader to my PC's USB 3 port, I hear the "new device connected" sound, and an AutoPlay dialog pops up.  When I open the new device, I see the "DJI SSD" folder, with "OS X" and "Win" subdirectories.

I then run the DJI Camera Exporter software (version 1.0.0.11), and it recognizes the SSD and displays the 8 clips on it.  The first one is 1,464 frames long; I select it and click the Export button.  It starts to copy the files to my PC, but it never completes.  Sometimes at around 400 frames, and sometimes at around 1,200 frames, it stops.  I again hear the "new device connected" sound, and I again see an AutoPlay dialog pop up.

The X5R Reader is connected to the same USB 3 port that I use with my Atomos Shogun recorders.  I have successfully imported several terabytes of footage from the Atomos SSD caddy, with not a single problem.

But I am unable to import even a single 60-second clip with the DJI SSD.

2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

hmm.. interesting.. Did you try to reinstall DJI Camera exporter?
Could you upload a short video describing the issue please, so we can take look>
Thank you!
2016-4-25
Use props
InterMurph
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I downloaded the latest USB driver from the motherboard manufacturer's web site, and now it works fine.

My motherboard is a GA-X99-UD5 WIFI, and I downloaded the driver from this page:  http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5124#dl

Thanks.
2016-4-25
Use props
Morrisson
First Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

InterMurph Posted at 2016-4-25 17:21
I downloaded the latest USB driver from the motherboard manufacturer's web site, and now it works fi ...

So have you been able to use the X5R without Cinelight on a PC?

What's the workflow like? We're using Avid Media Composer and I'm not sure how they all work together.
2016-4-25
Use props
InterMurph
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro CC, and the workflow so far is awful:

1) Use DJI Camera Exporter to extract DNG files to my hard disk.
2) Use SlimRaw to convert those DNG files to DNG files that are compatible with Premiere Pro.  
3) Import those DNG files into Premiere Pro

Each step takes literally forever.  And I can't imagine why the second step is necessary; how could DJI produce a file that isn't importable by Premiere Pro?

This is frustrating.
2016-4-25
Use props
Morrisson
First Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

InterMurph Posted at 2016-4-25 22:12
I am using Adobe Premiere Pro CC, and the workflow so far is awful:

1) Use DJI Camera Exporter to e ...

10-4. That's kind of what I assumed would be the case.

Thank you for the data!
2016-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules