Control Zoom with DJI Focus?
2448 6 2016-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexander.sucke
lvl.2

Germany

Hi,

as far as I know, I can control the focus and the aperture with the DJI Focus connected to the Inspire RC.
Can I also control the zoom of the 14-42 lens with the DJI Focus?
If not, please dear DJI, make it possible.

Alex
2016-4-25
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ian Cresswell posted the following Over on the RCGroups Forum:

The 14-42 does indeed support servo zoom. However, right now it's just software slider-based and not a smooth zoom at all. So for right now you won't be adding nice slow creeping zooms into your shot. The zoom function basically just serves to change focal length in the air. Which works, but I'd love to see more fine control over the zoom so you can actually zoom mid-shot.

The 14-42 does not balance well on it's own (it's actually too LIGHT on it's own), however I've found a combination of filter and hood that makes it balance almost perfectly.
2016-4-25
Use props
mydogisdead
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8250568 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I asked this question before and they said no. it was a deal breaker because I needed a finer control for a dolly zoom shot in mid air...
2016-4-25
Use props
alexander.sucke
lvl.2

I would need it for a customer who wants to geht a vertigo effekt, meaning zooming in while flying away.
2016-4-26
Use props
mydogisdead
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8250568 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SAME IDEA
2016-4-28
Use props
alexander.sucke
lvl.2

Thank you DJI. Software 1.5 brings zoom control with the Focus.
2016-7-29
Use props
fans9cf81cde
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74472 ft
United States

alexander.sucke Posted at 2016-7-29 07:00
Thank you DJI. Software 1.5 brings zoom control with the Focus.

I can see zoom in the DJI Focus  settings with firmware ver 1.6, but I cannot seem to get it to switch "on" using my Inspire Pro with X5 and Olympus 14-45mm lens. The software based slider works. How did you control the zoom with the Focus? Thanks much. Jim
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules