Best place to purchase Inspire 1 kit? TB48 worth it?
1554 20 2016-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TK-421
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-25
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I have heard good things about B and H Photo.  If your are considering the upgrade some day to the X5r I would only purchase the 48 batteries.  I only have one 47 that came with it and don't even like it, the flight time is noticeably shorter in my opinion.  

I purchased mine from Best Buy, but  I purchase a lot of stuff there for personal and business so they treat me right, also I have coupons and point s that I use there so I get a good discount.  If you have a local hobby store that carries DJI I would go there to support the local guy, they are normally good to deal too.  

good Luck Storm trooper-  donnie   
2016-4-25
Use props
TK-421
Banned

2016-4-25
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

TK-421 Posted at 2016-4-25 16:09
Thanks, Donnie! Yeah, I was leaning toward only grabbing TB48 batteries.

I'm a photographer/cinema ...

TB48 all the way! The TB 47 feels like it's over when you're just getting started...
2016-4-25
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

I bought mine online through Helicopter World.
http://www.heli-world.com/
They are an official DJI dealer and are a Great company.
They match any specials on the DJI website too. (I got the New Year special on V2.0)
They shipped the next day and I had it in 4 days. (California to North Carolina)
I have all TB47s and have no complaints. (They are $100 now on Amazon!) I just couldn't justify the added cost to get a few more minutes with the TB48 when I can almost get 2 TB47s for the same $.
But that is purely speculative... since I have no TB48s.
2016-4-25
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>

TK-421 Posted at 2016-4-26 04:09
Thanks, Donnie! Yeah, I was leaning toward only grabbing TB48 batteries.

I'm a photographer/cinema ...

But, with the X5 you have auto focus and aperture control.
I started with the X3 and then upgraded to the X5 and haven't looked back once.
The image clarity and detail is miles ahead of the X3.
2016-4-25
Use props
TK-421
Banned

2016-4-25
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>

Yes, aperture is controlled from the remote. Auto / Manual focus also. There is also focus assist which is pretty accurate.
Here's a night shot at F22
ii.jpg
2016-4-25
Use props
TK-421
Banned

2016-4-25
Use props
rogerseeto
New

Australia

B&H is were I got mine - they discounted it U$300 for some reason
2016-4-25
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-4-25 18:37
Yes, aperture is controlled from the remote. Auto / Manual focus also. There is also focus assist wh ...

Dammit why did you show me that now I got to get the x5camera can I convert the stock 4 k with the bracket adapter from the v1to the x5?
Unreal that is beautiful I want that
2016-4-25
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The TB 48 is definitely the way to go for the extra few dollars.
2016-4-26
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

TK-421 Posted at 2016-4-26 11:00
This might seal the deal then. I was under the impression that the I1 Pro aperture could only be c ...

While you may not be interested, consider comparison pricing when you're shopping. The DJI Store has reduced their price on the Inspire 1 Pro "EVERYTHING INCLUDED" kit.

This is a fantastic kit that includes "everything" you need -> Inspire X5 Pro, dual controllers, two TB47s, and you can get an extra TB47 from Amazon for $99. I totally agree that the TB48 offers extended time and range, but 4500 mAH for $99 is pretty sweet...

These kits were shipping fom California in 10-15 days....
2016-4-26
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>

str1776 Posted at 2016-4-26 11:44
Dammit why did you show me that now I got to get the x5camera can I convert the stock 4 k with the  ...

As long as you change the vibration absorbing board and add the landing gear risers, you can then use the X3, X5 or X5R.
Click Here for kit.

That is what I did. I started with the Inspire 1 V2.0 then added the X5. Looking back (with 20/20 hindsight) I wish I had skipped the X3 alltogether and went right for the Inspire Pro. But, can't change the past. Anyway, the X5 is miles ahead of the X3. Since upgrading, I have no regrets whatsoever.

large_p4.jpg
2016-4-27
Use props
TK-421
Banned

United States

2016-4-27
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>

Shot with X5:

Flagler college, St. Augustine Fla.

Flagler college, St. Augustine Fla.
2016-4-27
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-4-27 08:09
As long as you change the vibration absorbing board and add the landing gear risers, you can then  ...

Do you find the picture quality that is live back to the I pad is better ( sharper more defined )  I am not big into the Photography - video aspect of the Hobby  ( Yet )  But I want CLEAR  sharp  picture back to the I -pad.  

I often wondered this, I think it still transmits in 720 P regardless of X3 or X5 .  What do Ya'll think ?

donnie
2016-4-28
Use props
cinematic_aero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 540331 ft
United States

I ordered my Inspire 1 RAW from Adorama in NYC. I originally had a pre-order with B&H but I cancelled it and went to Adorama because B&H would not update me on their stock information and wasn't helpful in terms letting me know when to expect my pre-order to arrive. Adorama happened to get a small shipment of RAWs in before B&H but on top of just that they answered every one of my questions and were very helpful in getting the RAW shipped the same day even though the item wasn't fully processed into their warehouse yet. Less than 24 hours after I placed my ordered, it arrived at my door.
2016-4-28
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-28 21:33
Do you find the picture quality that is live back to the I pad is better ( sharper more define ...

Yes, the image sent to the monitor is very clear. It is sharp enough to use as a guide to manually focus the camera and end up with a true result. There is some slight latency but I have gotten used to it.
2016-4-28
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-4-28 10:46
Yes, the image sent to the monitor is very clear. It is sharp enough to use as a guide to manually ...

Interesting , thank you very much, appreciate it.   Do you focus with the ISO wheel ? sorry, I  am very good with the X3 and the Inspire System as a whole, just trying to learn about the X5, that is my next step.

Thanks again- donnie
2016-4-28
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>

Manal Focus is done on screen with a wheel. (See screen shot) You can scroll it up or down or touch the macro or infinity icon to advance directly to that setting.
Here's a screen shot and a cropped image that I took with it. This was shot with the DJI (Lumix) 15 mm lens. [EXCELLENT lens!] Note that it is of the rear rotor which is only 12" from the sensor!
AF wouldn't lock on, but I was able to focus it with MF. I realize that we would NEVER be this close to anything while flying..... but could anyone ever take a close shot with an X3? (Under 10 ft)

Screen shot

Screen shot

12" away from sensor

12" away from sensor
2016-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules