Can't manage to balance a Ronin-M
3418 5 2016-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dessimondboris
lvl.1
France

Hello.

I tried to balance my gimbal, but I get some kind of jerkyness/quick movements sometime when I walk/run. Yet I know I should try to walk smoother... But I don't think that a such high end gimbal should give me such quick movements while even an OSMO is smoother.
Sometime, when I balance it, it's perfect, most of the times it's not ost.
I tried to watch DJI's videos, and to set up manually the stiffness. It gets stiffer, but we don't know how/when to stop, and then it vibrates randomly... There's no methodology.
We tried to look at the oscillograms, but doesn't help much.

Here's some footage where you can see the jerkyness. It's an "extreme" test. But keep in mind that it took us hours to try to fix this, because during the day it was appearing on footage where we were only walking (can upload some if needed but the calibation was bad so..).

I use a a6300 and it has a bad rolling shutter so it's sensible to vibrations. But once, we've done the same "run" shot, and no jerkiness at all, with the same camera settings... So it's for sure possible.

By the way, I also experience some horizontal drift, as I have read on this forum.
We need to get fixes! Please DJI!

2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Thanks for your videos and description!
First, please make sure that the firmware is up to date.
Second, please check the motors of the axes. When you power on the Ronin-M, is there any noise from the motors?
2016-4-25
Use props
dessimondboris
lvl.1
France

The firmware is up to date. If it wasn't up to date I wouldn't have the horizontal drift ;)
It doesn't make any anormal noise on startup.

Is this possible that my camera is too light?
I have a a6300 + cage + plate adapter. But it's still not very heavy.

My set up is bellow 1kg. Is there any way I could add weight to the Ronin?
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dessimondboris@ Posted at 2016-4-26 20:34
The firmware is up to date. If it wasn't up to date I wouldn't have the horizontal drift ;)
It  ...

Thanks for your reply!
I think you can install the lens support. Please refer to below information: Mounting the lens support.png
2016-4-26
Use props
dessimondboris
lvl.1
France

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-27 05:39
Thanks for your reply!
I think you can install the lens support. Please refer to below information ...

My camera not being a Canon DSLR, I can't fit the lens support.
Plus, the lens is very light and has a metal mount, I don't see how it could cause vibrations.
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dessimondboris@ Posted at 2016-4-27 17:35
My camera not being a Canon DSLR, I can't fit the lens support.
Plus, the lens is very light and  ...

If possible, could you please install a recommended camera and test if it's your camera's problem?
2016-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules