Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tilted Horizon
982 8 2016-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wrathofkhan
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello wrathofkhan, does this issue still exist after imu calibration and gimbal calibration? It would be better if you could post a pic here
2016-4-26
Use props
dfairchild

United States

this is a well documented issue on the P4, mine has a tilted horizon about 50% of the time. regardless of IMU and gimbal calibration. this is what mine looks like when its messed up.

Very annoying, now what i do is fly up a couple hundred feet when i start a flight and manually adjust the gimbal.
2016-4-26
Use props
wrathofkhan
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-27
Use props
kirkd1989
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-26 07:03
Hello wrathofkhan, does this issue still exist after imu calibration and gimbal calibration? It woul ...

I calibrate my imu and gimbal and compass everyday. and I will randomly will get tilted horizon. It is definitely something that needs to be fixed.
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

wrathofkhan Posted at 2016-4-27 19:12
Hi Dji-Paladin, Have done as you advised and it seems that all is good now and I am hoping it will ...

Don't worry.The values are small and you can see green means excellent status in the description on the screen.
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

kirkd1989 Posted at 2016-4-27 20:20
I calibrate my imu and gimbal and compass everyday. and I will randomly will get tilted horizon. I ...

I'll try to report this to our developers.
2016-4-27
Use props
robotizen
lvl.1
United States

With the gimbal noises and so on people are reporting and various non alignment to the horizon issues, it could be that there is a manufacturing issue in the gimbal assembly. It seems to me that the gimbal drive does not have enough torque to overcome even a small amount of binding.. This binding might be temperature sensitive, or maybe some residue left over from manufacturing that has some scratchiness to it, so sometimes the gimbal can align properly and sometimes its just stuck at certain points. Just a thot...
2016-4-28
Use props
ISA AYDIN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 504692 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem. I calibrated my IMU 5 times, but again when I start to fly, I have to adjust Gimbal horizon every time. one to two stops each time.

Also, let me mention that, even after IMU calibration when I try to do Gimbal calibration on leveled surface, calibration fails. And I read on forum that I am not alone with this problem. I think should be fixed already.
2016-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules